Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mormons are 'christians. . .' they follow 'a' christ.

Default Name calling doesn't enhance his arguments at all.

[QUOTE=MickeyS;165428]
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

I <snipped> the link. I don't go 'link-hopping' for you to help you 'try to make points.'

It doesn't matter a whit what that person thinks the word 'glory' means in that p***age. WHAT DID PAUL mean is the question you should be asking, not 'can I find anyone, someone anywhere who agrees with you?'

The MEANING of the Greek word in that p***age = 'splendor, magnificence, grandness.'

It does NOT MEAN a place where people go when they die.

Your cult has lied to you. . .again.

And you keep whining. I have answered this question before.

Now you will likely whine some more about me not answering it.

Of course YOU are not interested in what Paul meant when he wrote to Timothy. YOU are only interested in trying to find someone/something that agrees with your pre-determined theory. Not very honest, if you ask me. . .
    My cult didn't say that you idiot....*** you're so dumb! Lol Another Christian to remove from the list of "Christian's Christians" lol
    Do you REALLY THINK name-calling like that enhances your arguments?

What I said is entirely TRUE.

The word 'glory' no matter how many mormons, secular people who claim to be Christians, or other non-Christians try to make up new meanings for the word, DOES NOT MEAN some place where you go when you die.

GOD never said it does.

ONLY SINFUL MEN have said it.

And all of your NAME-CALLING AND WHINING won't change that.

alanmolstad

Do you REALLY THINK name-calling like that enhances your arguments?

what I have seen over the years is that when some Mormon guests realize that they no longer can argue their point anymore,and that their side of the debate is simply proved to be in error, that they will start to break the forum's rules in an effort to be banned.

I think that they believe that being banned offers them a way out of the conversation?

They want to be able to say later to others something like - "I told the truth and they banned me for it"

We get many guests here from a different Christian message forum where their bad manners there caused them to be banned,and so this forum here is like their waiting room, where they wait out their banning from the other site.

That's why some guests tend to break the rules here , or tend to start name-calling for no reason, for they actually had no intention of sticking around here...

MickeyS

[QUOTE=alanmolstad;165442]

what I have seen over the years is that when some Mormon guests realize that they no longer can argue their point anymore,and that their side of the debate is simply proved to be in error, that they will start to break the forum's rules in an effort to be banned.

I think that they believe that being banned offers them a way out of the conversation?

They want to be able to say later to others something like - "I told the truth and they banned me for it"

We get many guests here from a different Christian message forum where their bad manners there caused them to be banned,and so this forum here is like their waiting room, where they wait out their banning from the other site.

That's why some guests tend to break the rules here , or tend to start name-calling for no reason, for they actually had no intention of sticking around here...
    Omigosh that's rich coming from somebody who's never answered one of my questions about biblical proof of any of your claims. I've given information, it's been ignored. And I don't how many times I told him a CHRISTIAN said that...what do I have to do to get you all to actually read what I say? Because you don't...not until it's something you can judge me about.

Please Alan...show me one place you have explained where anything you have said can be found in the bible....because at least Christian attempts to give me scripture...you haven't, not once.

And honestly....your one sided rules...are a joke lol. Anyone with half a brain that comes in here and reads how Christian speaks and then sees me call him one little name is not going to think I'M the bad guy.

Omyword. Ok Big C, I'll come back later and explain those Isaiah verses to you when I get off work, and then I'm done with this place.

MickeyS

Omigosh that's rich coming from somebody who's never answered one of my questions about biblical proof of any of your claims. I've given information, it's been ignored. And I don't how many times I told him a "CHRISTIAN" said that...what do I have to do to get you all to actually read what I say? Because you don't...not until it's something you can judge me about.

Please Alan...show me one place you have explained where anything you have said can be found in the bible....because at least Christian attempts to give me scripture...you haven't, not once.

And honestly....your one sided rules...are a joke lol. Anyone with half a brain that comes in here and reads how Christian speaks and then sees me call him one little name is not going to think I'M the bad guy.

Omyword. Ok Big C, I'll come back later and explain those Isaiah verses to you when I get off work, and then I'm done with this place.

MickeyS

Omigosh that's rich coming from somebody who's never answered one of my questions about biblical proof of any of your claims. I've given information, it's been ignored. And I don't how many times I told him another "CHRISTIAN" said that...what do I have to do to get you all to actually read what I say? Because you don't...not until it's something you can judge me about.

The kid posted:

Originally Posted by Christian

No. CHRISTIAN NEVER POSTED THAT. YOU are quoting what SOMEONE ELSE POSTED and falsely attributing it to me.

If you can't keep postings straight, what makes you think we should trust your CRAZY SPECULATIONS in other things?

alanmolstad

I post a lot on the topics that are of interest to me...
    I like to write on the ideas i have about bible topics...for it gives me a chance to dig deeper into the things I believe are true and why I believe they are true.

But when I post a comment, I never believe for one moment that I have a right to have my words read and need to be replied to.

I don't have any such "right" to have my words read by others here...

none of us have such a right, nor should we expect such.

So, the joy I get out of this forum is not dependent on the correct response I must get from others first.

Thus when I write things and post them onto the Walter Martin forum, I do so with gra***ude to Walter's family for allowing me this opportunity, and I endeavor to make my comments easy for Mormons read....but not necessary easy for Mormons to stomach.

alanmolstad

The kid posted:

No. CHRISTIAN NEVER POSTED THAT. YOU are quoting what SOMEONE ELSE POSTED and falsely attributing it to me.

If you can't keep postings straight, what makes you think we should trust your CRAZY SPECULATIONS in other things?

shall I respond?..or do I have to wait for you to post the same message another 2 times?

alanmolstad

or........shall I just go on to ....?

alanmolstad

server problems are just a fact of life....

Over the years you just got to be able to see past the fact that not all the times you want to post things you will be able to..
    Not all the additions to comments can be posted...not all the changes you want to make to your own posts are able to be updated...

It just is the way it is....

and its been the same story here from the beginning....

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I post a lot on the topics that are of interest to me...
    I like to write on the ideas i have about bible topics...for it gives me a chance to dig deeper into the things I believe are true and why I believe they are true.

But when I post a comment, I never believe for one moment that I have a right to have my words read and need to be replied to.

I don't have any such "right" to have my words read by others here...

none of us have such a right, nor should we expect such.

So, the joy I get out of this forum is not dependent on the correct response I must get from others first.

Thus when I write things and post them onto the Walter Martin forum, I do so with gra***ude to Walter's family for allowing me this opportunity, and I endeavor to make my comments easy for Mormons read....but not necessary easy for Mormons to stomach.
    Then accusations and judgments about why questions are not answered, or said they're not answered should be discouraged, correct? Or do others have a right to act like that?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    Then accusations and judgments about why questions are not answered, or said they're not answered should be discouraged, correct? Or do others have a right to act like that?
    I only hope that all posts are kept within the rules....

But I dont want it said that one guest wants to write everyone else's posts!

I tend to not read the posts that seem to be just a "he said/she said" type of back and forth, going on and on talking about who said what or did not say what...

i tend to add my opinion about the manners of people when and if i see people tending to just deal with personal stuff against each other,and not dealing with ideas and Bible stuff.

this in the past has gotten people very upset with me, both Christians and members of other religions tend to want to "get personal" when they run out of ideas, and so Im used to people attacking me because I have spoken upin the past about the 'tone' of some of the comments.

And while a lot of people tend to think Im only criticizing people of their faith and not my own, I can ***ure you that I have received some rather nasty private messages from people of my own faith when some felt that by simply pointing out their lack of good manners I had somehow "Stabbed them in the back" and "hurt the body of Christ"

But Im not actually on a team here.
    I dont get secret messages on how to respond to people.

I have talked to people on the side to help them deal with the bickering...I mostly suggest the use of the IGNORE list,(Its still working just fine, I tested it not long ago).

For the most part I only post on topics I enjoy talking about...and trust me,"Mormonism is no such topic".
    That is why I tend to let others carry the water on the topic of Mormons....I simply have not a lot of interest nor fun when dealing with all the bickering that pops upon the Mormon topics.

I do enjoy the fact that when needed, the Good Lord does send to this forum a few handfuls of Christians that seem to really enjoy taking about Mormon stuff...

as for your real question posted at the top of this?
    I have a lot to do today, and so i will have to get back to you later about that...
    But I really only would suggest that people read the rules to this forum as given, and try to maintain their own posts to be be within such rules....

MickeyS

So this wasn't directed towards me....duly noted, thank you.

MickeyS

The kid posted:

Omigosh....it says Alan at the very top...and my response was DIRECTLY towards Alan. I don't know why your name got in there, I never typed that, it was obviously left there from the previous post somehow. I know you didn't post that

Did you mean to post this twice?

Oh.....but I did address you there at the bottom Big C, cuz you keep going on and on about how I'm not answering your questions...so
    I'll be back, since this cult of a forum apparently doesn't let you quit once you've joined...they refuse to delete my account...fine. But I'll be back with answers specific to the scriptures you posted even, like I usually do. You cannot say I'm afraid to answer questions because I'm not....never have been. Then I'll leave, because there's no point to being here, I'm getting nothing out of it and have no idea what your take is on the many scriptures that explain our beliefs and contradict yours. And you all never will answer so what's the point really besides wasting my life? It's not because I'm stupid, stupidity would be explaining myself over and over and over again thinking somebody's going to listen to me.

But there will be no doubt when I leave, that I have not left a question unanswered
    Last edited by MickeyS; 10-17-2015 at 12:07 PM.

mickey posted:

Oh.....but I did address you there at the bottom Big C, cuz you keep going on and on about how I'm not answering your questions...so
    I'll be back, since this cult of a forum apparently doesn't let you quit once you've joined...they refuse to delete my account...fine. But I'll be back with answers specific to the scriptures you posted even, like I usually do.

When will you START your 'usually do?

So far you haven't.

You cannot say I'm afraid to answer questions because I'm not....never have been.

You sure APPEAR to be afraid to try to answer the SCRIPTURES I have posted. EVERY TIME.

Then I'll leave, because there's no point to being here, I'm getting nothing out of it and have no idea what your take is on the many scriptures that explain our beliefs and contradict yours. And you all never will answer so what's the point really besides wasting my life? It's not because I'm stupid, stupidity would be explaining myself over and over and over again thinking somebody's going to listen to me.

Nobody listens to your stupid SPECULATIONS. Perhaps if you had SCRIPTURE to support you, you might do better. . .

But there will be no doubt when I leave, that I have not left a question unanswered

When your 'answers' are nothing more than YOUR OPINIONS and CRAZY SPECULATIONS, we ignore them. IF you could only TRY to find something in the BIBLE that supports your speculations. . .but of course you cannot.

Instead, you are a 'natural man' described here:

1 Cor 2:14-15
    14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    NKJV

You CLEARLY do not understand the Bible, the WORD OF GOD and will fall for any manure your cult feeds you.

mickey posted:

Originally Posted by alanmolstad [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]

I don't know WHO it was directed towards. But if the shoe fits. . .

mickey posted:

Originally Posted by alanmolstad [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]

I don't know WHO it was directed towards. But if the shoe fits. . .first it had MY name in the place of alanmolstad's. Now it APPEARS to be a response to MY post. But it did not originate with me, and with the name-changes at the start of it, I have no clue WHO posted it originally.

Perhaps it WAS directed towards you by whoever posted it. It DOES seem to fit you.

MickeyS

I only hope that all posts are kept within the rules....

But I dont want it said that one guest wants to write everyone else's posts!

I tend to not read the posts that seem to be just a "he said/she said" type of back and forth, going on and on talking about who said what or did not say what...

i tend to add my opinion about the manners of people when and if i see people tending to just deal with personal stuff against each other,and not dealing with ideas and Bible stuff.

this in the past has gotten people very upset with me, both Christians and members of other religions tend to want to "get personal" when they run out of ideas, and so Im used to people attacking me because I have spoken upin the past about the 'tone' of some of the comments.

And while a lot of people tend to think Im only criticizing people of their faith and not my own, I can ***ure you that I have received some rather nasty private messages from people of my own faith when some felt that by simply pointing out their lack of good manners I had somehow "Stabbed them in the back" and "hurt the body of Christ"

But Im not actually on a team here.
    I dont get secret messages on how to respond to people.

I have talked to people on the side to help them deal with the bickering...I mostly suggest the use of the IGNORE list,(Its still working just fine, I tested it not long ago).

For the most part I only post on topics I enjoy talking about...and trust me,"Mormonism is no such topic".
    That is why I tend to let others carry the water on the topic of Mormons....I simply have not a lot of interest nor fun when dealing with all the bickering that pops upon the Mormon topics.

I do enjoy the fact that when needed, the Good Lord does send to this forum a few handfuls of Christians that seem to really enjoy taking about Mormon stuff...

as for your real question posted at the top of this?
    I have a lot to do today, and so i will have to get back to you later about that...
    But I really only would suggest that people read the rules to this forum as given, and try to maintain their own posts to be be within such rules....

Christian said: Nobody listens to your stupid SPECULATIONS. Perhaps if you had SCRIPTURE to support you, you might do better. . .

So I can say what he SAYS is stupid, I just can't call him stupid directly? Please clarify

MickeyS

mickey posted:

I'll be back, since this cult of a forum apparently doesn't let you quit once you've joined...they refuse to delete my account...fine. But I'll be back with answers specific to the scriptures you posted even, like I usually do.

When will you START your 'usually do?

So far you haven't.

You cannot say I'm afraid to answer questions because I'm not....never have been.

You sure APPEAR to be afraid to try to answer the SCRIPTURES I have posted. EVERY TIME.

Then I'll leave, because there's no point to being here, I'm getting nothing out of it and have no idea what your take is on the many scriptures that explain our beliefs and contradict yours. And you all never will answer so what's the point really besides wasting my life? It's not because I'm stupid, stupidity would be explaining myself over and over and over again thinking somebody's going to listen to me.

Nobody listens to your stupid SPECULATIONS. Perhaps if you had SCRIPTURE to support you, you might do better. . .
    Is this not the bible?

God & Jesus Christ are separate persons

Acts 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.(What was the point of showing separate persons if they're one person? Also....how do you see God's body at all?) it's quite obvious God is telling us they're not the same person
    Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Matthew 26:39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup p*** from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Again, Jesus going off on His own to pray....why? He already knows everything, doesn't He?

Acts 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

How about this? Following the commandments
    Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

John 14:15 - If ye love me, keep my commandments

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

And this
    The scriptures use different terms to describe how we are sons & daughters of God & Jesus Christ

We are all literal spirit children of Heavenly Father
    Acts 17:29 - We are offspring of God
    Hebrews 12:9 - Be in subjection unto the Father of spirits

We are "adopted" children born again through the Atonement
    John 1:12 - As many as received himgave he power to become the sons of God

The word "glory"
    Splendor - Matthew 6:29 "....Solomon in all his glory..."
    Praise - Acts 12:23 "...he did not give God the glory..."
    Brightness - 2Corinthians 3:7 "the glory of Moses's face"
    Heaven - 1Timothy 3:16 "...taken up in glory..."

Forgive me for the last few examples, I researched the site that I retrieved those from and they claimed to be "Christian's" that focus on evangelism, and salvation by faith without works. Now I realize that the only "Christian's" you agree with (in my experience with you this far) are the "Christian's" here

So....to say I don't quote the Bible is BEYOND untrue. These came from existing posts. Now, I am not expecting responses and I don't care if you don't agree with my choice in verses, but I STILL USED THEM. You are ..... Lying

alanmolstad

mickey posted:

I don't know WHO it was directed towards. But if the shoe fits. . .

I believe that what I had in mind was based on the history of this forum that I have observed over the years.

I have seen a tendency of many guests to run out of support for what they believe, and so they will get personal in their comments about other guests.

I also have noticed that many guests that come here from other forums where they were recently banned have tried to do the same things here that got them banned at the other forum.
    This means that they start fights here and use language that they know full well will only result in getting themselves banned from here too.
    In other words, that came here only wanting to continue their bad behavior patterns, and have no intention of becoming valued members of this forum.

They come here and treat this site as a disposable waiting room....

MickeyS

This does not apply to me, although the complete double standard and disrespect for anyone not in good standing in this forum is beyond frustrating and has UNDERSTANDABLY upset me (not hurt my feelings....****ed me off), I am not trying to get banned. I have, however, requested that my account be deleted....should be a simple request....if you create an account somewhere, you should be able to delete it right? NOT HERE...here you are not allowed to leave once you join.....sounds like a cult....I thought you all were against cults

Does not apply to me either, I have never been a member of another forum. And the "name calling" was not out of the blue for no reason....I'm human...any reasonable person besides Christ Himself or ***...would eventually get sick of being consistently treated like dirt by Christian. He however, is able to get around these forum rules somehow and has no problem saying stupid things for no reason at all besides that he can.

SO.....nope....shoe don't fit here...sorry

alanmolstad

Christian said: Nobody listens to your stupid SPECULATIONS. Perhaps if you had SCRIPTURE to support you, you might do better. . .

So I can say what he SAYS is stupid, I just can't call him stupid directly? Please clarify
    I was always told to-
    hate the sin, but love the sinner.

I know a lot of people seem to be very curious about what they can get away with?

This can only lead to a race to the bottom....

A compe***ion to see who can get away with the most before they end up in trouble...where guests try their best to skirt the lowest end of what is within the rules and proper for this forum.

My answer is this:
    I have seen that it is a lot harder to drag a person up and out of the ditch than it is for the person to get dragged down into the ditch.
    Going down hill is a lot more easy.

all i can add to that is that I am always yanking people back up and away from the downhill slope...
    Regardless of their religion, I am always encouraging people to learn to be able to think of and post their views within the given rules without being needlessly personal...advising to keep it about "ideas" and not about the other guests.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 10-17-2015 at 01:55 PM.

MickeyS

I believe that what I had in mind was based on the history of this forum that I have observed over the years.

I have seen a tendency of many guests to run out of support for what they believe, and so they will get personal in their comments about other guests.

I also have noticed that many guests that come here from other forums where they were recently banned have tried to do the same things here that got them banned at the other forum.
    This means that they start fights here and use language that they know full well will only result in getting themselves banned from here too.
    In other words, that came here only wanting to continue their bad behavior patterns, and have no intention of becoming valued members of this forum.

They come here and treat this site as a disposable waiting room....
    Being that I've never had support for what I believe....I don't think this applies either. I seriously am wasting my time though....why would I keep doing that, besides pride? Yes, my stupid pride, I'm roped into inaccurate ***umptions about me personally so I keep trying to correct them....it will never happen, I know this now...like I said...I have one more post to make about Bible verses (which I KNOW will be ridiculed and ignored) but I have to close this out so I can say, hey, at least I tried right? Also, I was sincerely looking for answers to questions about scripture that support what I believe in, I would like to know WHY you don't acknowledge those scriptures...if theres a reason, something I'm missing....but nobody's ever going to tell me...so, pointless

But again, I have NEVER been a member of another forum, so I can honestly say this doesn't apply to me anyway. NOW....again, I would like my account deleted simply because my pride keeps getting the best of me and when more inaccurate allegations of my personal character are produced, I have a very hard time not defending myself. But looks like I'm going to have to get over that, because for some reason you don't delete accounts, I never knew that. I didn't see that stipulation anywhere when I joined, next time, I'll be more careful of what I'm signing on for.

MickeyS

I was always told to-
    hate the sin, but love the sinner.

I know a lot of people seem to be very curious about what they can get away with?

This can only lead to a race to the bottom....

A compe***ion to see who can get away with the most before they end up in trouble...where guests try their best to skirt the lowest end of what is within the rules and proper for this forum.

My answer is this:
    I have seen that it is a lot harder to drag a person up and out of the ditch than it is for the person to get dragged down into the ditch.
    Going down hill is a lot more easy.
    That didn't answer my question....why does Christian not get reprimanded for breaking the rules? It's a simple question, but I understand you have the right to ignore or deflect your way through anything I have to say. I don't WANT to get away with anything, I have been as respectful to others as they have been with me. I don't like to call anybody names, but ... pride, I know....when somebody is calling me names and insulting me, I don't see the point in being courteous around them. I have restrained myself REMARKABLY through what he says...and I'm not whining, unless you call what he does whining because he's constantly making digs on the personal character of others...in that case, he's the whiniest person here.

alanmolstad

That didn't answer my question....why does Christian not get reprimanded for breaking the rules? It's a simple question, but I understand you have the right to ignore or deflect your way through anything I have to say. I don't WANT to get away with anything, I have been as respectful to others as they have been with me. I don't like to call anybody names, but ... pride, I know....when somebody is calling me names and insulting me, I don't see the point in being courteous around them. I have restrained myself REMARKABLY through what he says...and I'm not whining, unless you call what he does whining because he's constantly making digs on the personal character of others...in that case, he's the whiniest person here.

at some point in this I do remember posting that I don't even read the comments that are just so much "he said/ she said" back and forth bickering.

It reminds me of how kids get caught doing something wrong and try to deflect the blame by pointing out the flaws in others.

The error in that, is that when you start basing your standard of behavior on only being able to find someone you think is worse that this means you will never think you need to improve yourself.
    All of us can point to some type of Hitler and say, "He was still worse that what I did" if we just want to make ourselves look better compared to others.

But I want to actually improve.....

When you actually want to improve yourself, you stop comparing yourself to others and deal only with learning how to become the person you could be.