Thread: Explaining Ghosts

DAWNEMAN

Default Explaining Ghosts

I have a coworker who recently moved into a new house. She is concerned that it might be "haunted" b/c the previous owners parents died there in hospice.

She says she doesn't believe in ghosts, but us still unerved by "creepy" things that have happened there since moving in. Sorry, I don't have any examples.

My question is how to go about explaining to her the Biblical view on ghosts? She is not a Christian as far as I know, but I get the feeling this would might be an open door to share the gospel with her. I'm just not sure how?

Thanks gor any help! -Dawn

Saxon

I have a coworker who recently moved into a new house. She is concerned that it might be "haunted" b/c the previous owners parents died there in hospice.

She says she doesn't believe in ghosts, but us still unerved by "creepy" things that have happened there since moving in. Sorry, I don't have any examples.

My question is how to go about explaining to her the Biblical view on ghosts? She is not a Christian as far as I know, but I get the feeling this would might be an open door to share the gospel with her. I'm just not sure how?

Thanks gor any help! -Dawn

Ghosts are demons pretending to be the spirits of those that have died. Ecclesiastes 9:5 and 6 is speaking of physically dead persons. It is stating that they that are dead will never again, in their physically dead state, have anything to do with anything "under the sun". Under the sun is the physical realm of life on this earth. So once you p*** into eternity, die physically, you have only two options, heaven or hell, from which you never return while you are physically dead.

Ghosts are dangerous and are not to be taken lightly.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
    Ecclesiastes 9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.