Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freedom from What?

The kid posted:

Originally Posted by Christian [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]
    cog posted:

I follow the God of the Bible. The reason you can't convince me this isn't the true church is because God has confirmed to me it is. Its purely true and from God.

Unfortunately the 'god' who 'confirmed' it to you is NOT the God of the Bible. I too prayed with an open mind and a humble heart over the bom after reading it.

THE REAL GOD OF THE BIBLE gave me a VERY CLEAR "NO" for an answer.

Now UNLESS YOU BELIEVE A GOD WHO IS A LIAR. . .

You've never studied the scriptures spiritually, just from a biased point of view.

I ADMIT BIAS. . .TOWARDS GOD. When I study, I ALWAYS WANT TO KNOW how God wants me to understand and I WANT TO KNOW how God will change me even more.

Your "***umptions" about how I have studied are simply ***umptions, imho. Like so much of mormonism, they simply do NOT MATCH REALITY.

You're not sincere in your "studies". You believe whatever you want, not what the Savior has taught.

I'm glad YOU think you are psychic. . .once again you are as wrong as hitler was. Simply totally WRONG.

I know what the voice of the Holy Ghost sounds like and He, not some made up trinity, testifies that this is true.

So YOU disbelieve what EVERY CHRISTIAN EVERYWHERE believes. . .
    That
    The FATHER IS GOD
    JESUS CHRIST is GOD
    THE HOLY SPIRIT is GOD
    AND
    THEY ARE ONE GOD.

You DO know that puts you right there with the heathens, don't you? Simply labeling that concept 'Trinity' does NOT MEAN IT IS 'MADE UP.' It remains TRUE.

And whoever or whatever 'testifies' the opposite is a liar and not of God.

You also admit you don't know whether or not I follow God or Satan or you wouldn't have said it to be an opinion.
    That's a big difference between you and I, you have an opinion that I follow Satan and I KNOW for a FACT, without any opinion at all, that I follow God, the true God, the Father.

I know FOR A FACT that IF YOU FOLLOW THE 'spirit-brother-of-satan-jesus' invented by joey smith, you are following a FALSE god and a FALSE christ, and a FALSE prophet.

I don't follow something created.

GOD said JESUS created the angels. Satan is a fallen angel. IF YOUR 'jesus' even exists, he is one of those, according to joey smith. "Jesus created Jesus?" Naah, your cult's theory sinks.

something you repeat all the time because nobody can get it through your thick head, but I follow the God of the Bible.
    I am a Christian and no rule on a forum nor any opinion from those who are not in the fold of the Good Shepherd can change that.
    Hitler was not a Christian if he didn't receive faith from Jesus Christ in his last day or so. I can tell you that without doubt.

YOU are not a Christian if you follow the fake 'prophet' joey smith or the gods and half-brother-of-satan "jesus" he invented. I can say THAT without a doubt too.

Whether you follow demons on the God of the Bible is not up to me. Your heart may simply be too hard (like pharaoh's was) to find God; that is up to HIM.

IF your prophet were a 'prophet' and IF his 'lineage' was p***ed to bringum young and down to your CURRENT 'presidents,' WHY CAN YOUR 'PROPHETS' NOT PROPHESY? Why does your d&c end about a hundred years ago with NO NEW PROPHESIES IN IT? NO 'modern day revelation?'

Here you go again. To you, everything we say doesn't count because we're mormons.

Please SHOW US IN THAT POST EXACTLY where I said ANY SUCH THING.

Your whiney excuses don't work for you, kid. . .We can EASILY see them for what they are.

Did you think that its possible that you're the one deceived? I know I'm sure not deceived. Again, I follow God, the one of the BIBLE. You know, the volume of 66 books

Then WHY does YOUR god tell you one thing when you pray about the bom and when I (like MANY MANY OTHERS) pray about the bom, they receive the OPPOSITE ANSWER AS YOU DO? Does your god lie part of the time?

You're biased toward yourself, not God. You're too prideful to let yourself believe the truth simply because it would mean you've been wrong the whole time, and you have.

Once again you are making false ***umptions that you HAVE to make to try to 'justify' your position. SINCE I am no 'biased towards myself' and AM biased towards God, and since I search the scriptures daily to see if things are so, (like the bereans did), your theory falls flat.

I don't ***ume anything of anyone, you give me all the info I need to know how you are

Or at least enough for you to leap to your own BIASED conclusions.

You don't follow the Savior, the Son of God and the virgin Mary, the Redeemer of Israel.

You are barking at the moon, following your own BADLY BIASED ***umptions again. Sorry, I follow the Jesus Christ of the Bible, not the mormon 'spirit-brother-of-satan.'

I noticed you NEVER ADDRESS THAT TEACHING BY JOEY SMITH, that Jesus is a 'spirit-brother' of the EVIL ONE. . .GEEE, I WONDER why you run away from that one. . .

If you studied with the Spirit of God you would never have the smallest belief in trinitarianism.

Your scriptural ERROR is noted.

The Father is God
    Jesus is God
    The Holy Spirit is God
    There IS ONLY ONE GOD ANYWHERE EVER (Isa 43:10, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc)

Explain where God was wrong in those matters, THEN explain why we should not label that concept 'trinity.'

Yes, I completely deny what modern Christianity, the version that came as a result of the Great Apostasy, teaches.

Modern-day Christianity is the SAME Christianity that Jesus and the Apostles taught.

WHICH apostasy are you talking about? The 150+ MORMON ones? Joey smith's religion has had its own GREAT apostasies, bringum young's being one of them.

So WHICH of the 150+ MORMON religions should anyone think is the 'right one?' YOUR god has testified to each of the followers of all of those that THEIRS is HIS church.

I reject the idea of the trinity. There is no chance I'll follow such an evil doctrine. The ancient prophets and apostles never taught anything close to that heresy.

Your scriptural ERROR is noted.

The Father is God
    Jesus is God
    The Holy Spirit is God
    There IS ONLY ONE GOD ANYWHERE EVER (Isa 43:10, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc)

WHICH of those concepts do you think Jesus and/or the Apostles did NOT teach? Or are you just 'knee-****' responding based upon your cult's opinions?

Nope, you said it was your OPINION that I follow Satan. "Imho" Your opinions are factual. I'm grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ, the only true Christ there is, in my life.

WHEN will you 'explain to us' how it is that YOUR 'jesus christ' is a 'spirit-brother' to the EVIL ONE, and supposedly ONE OF MANY SONS that your god 'fathered?" (begat????)

Last day? Salvation isn't a deathbed principle, it's an eternal one.

Nobody ever said salvation was a 'deathbed principle.' I don't even know what you think that might mean.

I am a Mormon; as a Mormon I am certainly a Christian. I'm 100% positive I know what and who I am. I've already found God, have you?

I have lived with the Holy Spirit (GOD) living within me for over 40 years now, AS EVIDENCED BY the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT being predominant in my life all of that time.

Your claim that you are a mormon and a Christian is like you saying you are an onion and a banana. It is an oxymoron.

By the way, about 100 years ago? You need to do another check of the Lord's book of the Doctrine and Covenants.

ABOUT 100 years ago. October 1918. https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/138?lang=eng

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    Religions mean nothing. Compare your data with the truly born again Christians.
    Ah yes... The olde "No True Scotsman Fallacy"
    You really don't understand the premise of a poll do you?
    You only want to compare your best with our worst in hopes that you can twist the data your way.
    Sorry, that don't work when it comes to a poll. If you only want to use the answers which comes from "active" and knowledgable Protestant Christians...then likewise, we should only use the answers from "active" knowledgable LDS.

Our best, compared with your best.

I'm OK with that, however, you do realize that the survey I posted also shows this would only widen the gap; as active Mormons understand the Bible at an even greater percentage than active Protestant Christians do.

The kid posted:

What excuse? When have you ever taken what we've said seriously?

IF you ever posted anything other than your own private OPINIONS or joey smith's INVENTIONS, you might be taken more seriously. SINCE you post only THOSE and your own made up stuff, and your private interpretation of scriptures that you take OUT OF THE CONTEXT IN WHICH THEY WERE WRITTEN, there is no reason to 'suppose' that your claims are valid. Still, I check them all against THE BIBLE, just as the bereans did with Paul and Silas. . .

Acts 17:10-13
    10 Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. 12 Therefore many of them believed, and also not a few of the Greeks, prominent women as well as men.
    NKJV

Again you keep going off with the "Does your god lie" bit. Do you not think you're the one deceived by a false god?

Because it is YOUR false prophet who gave the so-called 'test' that clearly gives two opposite and irreconcilable 'answers.' YOUR test fails, and YOU DON'T SEEM UP TO FACING THAT FACT.

You've not supported God and His principles, you've rejected them.

So far you have NOT SHOWN ONE PLACE where I have failed to keep God's principles, or where I have ever rejected Him. You know what that makes YOU, don't you?

Never erred in the scriptures. You saying the trinity is somehow true doesn't make it so. No scripture supports this heresy.

YOU never erred in the scriptures? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa!

What part of . . .

The Father is God
    Jesus is God
    the Holy Spirit is God
    and
    They are ONE GOD (Isaiah 43:10, 44:6, 44:8, etc etc etc

do YOU think is 'heresy?'

YOU seem to have troubles facing the TRUTH of SCRIPTURE

I already explained how we are ALL brothers and sisters. God is the Father of everyone's spirit. Its pretty simple to understand.

But as I have shown you IN SCRIPTURE, it is totally FALSE. JESUS is the only 'fathered' (begotten) Son of God the Father.

John 1:14
    14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
    NKJV

John 3:16-17
    16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    NKJV

1 John 4:9
    9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
    NKJV

A person can't live in the Spirit and embrace false doctrine their whole life such as you have.

So you think God LIED when He put the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT into my life as its predominant characteristic?

Gal 5:22-23
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control.
    NKJV

Do YOU THINK that the FRUIT of the Spirit comes from the 'spirit-brother' of your 'jesus,' your satan?

I notice I am the only one posting pertinent and relevant SCRIPTURE in these posts. WHY DO YOU SUPPOSE THAT MIGHT BE?

I don't just claim to be a Mormon and Christian, I am one. I am a Mormon and a Christian and I don't need your approval or the approval of any trinitarian.

No you don't. You need the approval of GOD which the Bible says you don't have. Instead you follow your false mormon 'prophet' and the minions who followed bringum young when he apostasized from that.

You may call yourself an onion banana if you wish, but it won't MAKE you either. Calling yourself a 'Christian' doesn't make you one either. Neither does your testifying of a demon who gave you a 'tummy tug.'

You are deluded by your demons.
    Last edited by Christian; 10-09-2015 at 03:11 PM.