Thread: The Book of Mormon and Multiple Gods

Grandma

Default The Book of Mormon and Multiple Gods

How many Gods do Mornons have?

Mosiah 15:
    1 And now Abinadi said unto them: I would that ye should understand that God himself shall come down among the children of men, and shall redeem his people.

2 And because he dwelleth in flesh he shall be called the Son of God, and having subjected the flesh to the will of the Father, being the Father and the Son—

3 The Father, because he was conceived by the power of God; and the Son, because of the flesh; thus becoming the Father and Son—

4 And they are one God, yea, the very Eternal Father of heaven and of earth.

5 And thus the flesh becoming subject to the Spirit, or the Son to the Father, being one God, suffereth temptation, and yieldeth not to the temptation, but suffereth himself to be mocked, and scourged, and cast out, and disowned by his people.

Alma 11
    26 And Zeezrom said unto him: Thou sayest there is a true and living God?

27 And Amulek said: Yea, there is a true and living God.

28 Now Zeezrom said: Is there more than one God?

29 And he answered, No.

30 Now Zeezrom said unto him again: How knowest thou these things?

31 And he said: An angel hath made them known unto me.

2 Nephi 31:21
    And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

In Christian Love,

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    How many Gods do Mornons have?
    We have one.

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod View Post
    First, you can't comprehend the teachings of the Book of Mormon.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

You cannot understand these things because you reject things of the Spirit, such as the Book of Mormon. Can a drunken man explain to a group what its like to be sober and his words have any merit? No.

1 Corinthians 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
    6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

To us there is one God. That isn't the same as saying there's only one in existence. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are examples of this truth. Each is respectively called God but they're 3 different beings and personages making them 3 gods. John 20 testifies of this when the Father and Son are referred to as separate gods.
    Do you worship Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    Do you worship Jesus?
    We worship the God Jesus said to worship.... His God, The Father

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    We have one.

WHICH one? The Father? Jesus? The Holy Spirit?

Or one of the supposed 'billions' of gods supposedly of OTHER universes?

Or one of the 'gods' that according to YOUR BOOK OF ABRAHAM came to "organize" the earth (pgp abraham 4:1-10)

the kid posted:

First, you can't comprehend the teachings of the Book of Mormon.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

So because YOU think we weren't 'sincere enough' when we prayed over your bom, then we must be carnally minded, and you are completely OBLIVIOUS TO the peace, joy, longsuffering, etc (the FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT) that we enjoy?

You cannot understand these things because you reject things of the Spirit, such as the Book of Mormon. Can a drunken man explain to a group what its like to be sober and his words have any merit? No.

No more than a mormon can explain to a group what it is like to be a CHRISTIAN.

1 Corinthians 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
    6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Cor 8:4-6
    4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
    NKJV

AS YOU CAN SEE by taking it IN CONTEXT, Paul is talking about IDOLS, NOT REAL GODS.

YOUR gods are as worthless as idols. They are NOT the God of the Bible. They are FALSE deities, just as the idols Paul is talking about there.

To us there is one God. That isn't the same as saying there's only one in existence. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are examples of this truth. Each is respectively called God but they're 3 different beings and personages making them 3 gods. John 20 testifies of this when the Father and Son are referred to as separate gods.

PLEASE NOTE FOLKS. . .HE HAS NO REAL SCRIPTURE HE CAN REFER TO IN JOHN 20 THAT SAYS ANY SUCH THING.
    Typical mormon frauds. . .

the kid posted:

Originally Posted by Christian

No more than a mormon can explain to a group what it is like to be a CHRISTIAN.

Sure I can. It's very simple for me to explain to a group what a Christian is seeing how I am one.

You CLAIM you can, yet I see you cannot. . .

Originally Posted by Christian
    PLEASE NOTE FOLKS. . .HE HAS NO REAL SCRIPTURE HE CAN REFER TO IN JOHN 20 THAT SAYS ANY SUCH THING.
    Typical mormon frauds. . .
    I'm sorry, I was under the impression that you've been telling everyone you've studied the Bible for over 50 years

I have.

which means you should know the exact verses I'm talking about without me having to list them. So much for your many, long study sessions huh? Besides, I gave you the book and chapter. Are you too lazy to search the scriptures or do you need people to tell you every little thing just like you need a paid minister to tell you what to believe? Sure, I can give you the verses but I'm very curious as to if you care about the word of God enough to go to it. Do you?

Nope, because John 20 says NOTHING about there being two REAL GODS ANYWHERE.

PLEASE NOTE FOLKS. . .HE STILL HAS NO REAL SCRIPTURE HE CAN REFER TO IN JOHN 20 THAT SAYS ANY SUCH THING.
    Typical mormon frauds

Not ONE SINGLE WORD in John 20 about there being two REAL GODS ANYWHERE.

A common mormon fraudulant representation.

Default Mormonism contradicts itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

Or one of the supposed 'billions' of gods supposedly of OTHER universes?

Or one of the 'gods' that according to YOUR BOOK OF ABRAHAM came to "organize" the earth (pgp abraham 4:1-10)

As usual NO MORMON seems able to tell us WHICH of those supposed gods they 'have to do with,' since they 'have to do with ALL THREE OF THEIR FALSE GODS, their false father, their false son, and their false 'spirit-brother-of-satan' jesus.

WATCH mormonism trip all over its own self-contradictory claims!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Yes.

D&C 20:28 Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end. Amen.

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod View Post
    28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Jesus never rebuked Thomas for saying this because Thomas was right. Jesus is our Lord and God. Can the scriptures contract themselves? No, that is impossible. If Jesus himself said the Father is our God and His God, and Thomas refers to Jesus as God, that's 2 gods. These verses, along with every other scripture that testifies of Their nature, refute any trinitarian notion. If you don't believe these Two are real Gods, THAT would disqualify someone as a Christian.

What do you mean by "Can the scriptures contract themselves?"

Love,

Grandma

Grandma

Alma 11
    26 And Zeezrom said unto him: Thou sayest there is a true and living God?

27 And Amulek said: Yea, there is a true and living God.

28 Now Zeezrom said: Is there more than one God?

29 And he answered, No.

“People tell us, ‘You don’t believe in one God; you believe in three Gods.’ And the answer is, ‘Yes, we do.’ If that is polytheism then we are.”
    Truman Madsen, BYU professor (emeritus), 150-Year- Old Debate: Are Mormons `Really Christian’? San Francisco Chronicle, April 8, 1996

Christ, as the Firstborn, was preeminent among the members of the Father’s family. He created this earth under the direction of the Father (see Moses 1:27–32) and was given authority to be God over it. Acting through the power and authority given Him by His Father, the Savior controls, directs, and governs the affairs of this earth.[N] As God over this earth, Christ ordained laws, according to the will of the Father, for the benefit and progression of the whole human family.[/B] He is our lawgiver (see D&C 38:22; 64:13). Christ taught the Nephites, saying, “I am the law” (3 Nephi 15:9), meaning that He is the embodiment and the source of all law to mankind. He is not only the source of law and commandments given to mankind, but He provides the law, or organizing power, for the whole universe.
    Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual, Enrichment G, p. 393

E. The Father presides over the Godhead.
    1. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are the members of the Godhead (see Articles of Faith 1:1; 1 John 5:7; Alma 11:44).
    2. Each member of the Godhead is physically separate and distinct from the others (see D&C 130:22; Matthew 3:16–17; Acts 7:55–56).
    3. The members of the Godhead are united in Their attributes, power, and purpose (see John 17:20–21; D&C 20:28; 35:2; 2 Nephi 31:21; 3 Nephi 11:27).
    4. The Father is the supreme member of the Godhead (see John 14:26, 28, 31; 2 Nephi 31:7, 12; 3 Nephi 28:11).
    Doctrines of the Gospel Student Manual, (2000), Chapter 3: God the Eternal Father, 6–8

The Book of Mormon claims that there is One God. Other LDS scriptures speak of three or more Gods.