Thread: Maze of Mormonism- Dr. Walter Martin

alanmolstad

Default Maze of Mormonism- Dr. Walter Martin

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod View Post
    Walter Martin is a very uncredited source.
    But he was great with the bling. You think anybody would have missed that he was a "Christian" with that enormous cross around his neck??

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    But he was great with the bling. You think anybody would have missed that he was a "Christian" with that enormous cross around his neck??
    Heard him say he wore it because the demons didn't like it and anything that they didn't like was alright by him.

alanmolstad

thats why we stick a cross on the highest point of a church too!

Demons just hate that stuff.....LOL

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    thats why we stick a cross on the highest point of a church too!

Demons just hate that stuff.....LOL
    Riiiiight LOL. Because God & demons can't tell anyone apart without the cross. And the BIGGER the cross, the BETTER the Christian Right? Hilarious

By your very words, what other people wear religiously is silly. So, again another double standard, cool
    Last edited by MickeyS; 10-20-2015 at 11:17 AM.

alanmolstad

Riiiiight LOL. Because God & demons can't tell anyone apart without the cross. And the BIGGER the cross, the BETTER the Christian Right? Hilarious

By your very words, what other people wear religiously is silly. So, again another double standard, cool
    let's just say

I'm not ashamed of the cross.

Blessed is he who is not offended by the cross of Christ.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 10-21-2015 at 04:18 AM.

Yep, mormons are no different from the jw's. They think crosses are silly. And the Truth is that I wear a little wooden cross under my shirt, just to remind me of what Jesus did.

Whine about it if you wish

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Yep, mormons are no different from the jw's. They think crosses are silly. And the Truth is that I wear a little wooden cross under my shirt, just to remind me of what Jesus did.

Whine about it if you wish
    Why would I? I personally never said crosses are silly at all, and I don't believe that they are either. I honestly think that's very sweet that you carry that personal reminder around with you.

alanmolstad

Why would I? I personally never said crosses are silly at all, and I don't believe that they are either. I honestly think that's very sweet that you carry that personal reminder around with you.

MickeyS

Okaaay....I thought you just said you weren't ashamed of the cross...you really need to make up your mind...again. Always with the contradicting.

P.S. I don't know who this dude even is, but I have never in my life been told the cross is "shameful" we just don't focus on the dying Christ, we focus on the living Christ. But nowhere was I ever taught the cross is "bad".

let's just say

I'm not ashamed of the cross.

Blessed is he who is not offended by the cross of Christ.
    Actually you err, it was the message of the cross that Paul were talking about.
    Paul said that he was still being persecuted; and then pointed out that if he only preached circumcision as he once did, then he wouldn't be experiencing any persecution. But it was because he also preached The Cross (i.e. The message of the crucified Messiah) that that is what brought on his persecution.
    You want to take only one part of the verse figurative, and the other part as literal.... You can't have it both ways. For if we were to take it all literal as you imply we should, then you should likewise not be offended if I was to walk around with my circumcised penus hanging out for all to see... The larger the better

It had nothing to do with the actual cross... Everyone SHOULD be offended by a instrument of torture and death, much the way the Early Christians were. That is why the cross was not a very popular symbol used by Christians in the early years.
    Last edited by theway; 10-28-2015 at 01:13 PM.