Thread: Jin Shin Jyutsu

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Columcille

Nope. However, it seems Jin has many meanings. If I knew the kanji, I might look it up in another dictionary that finds it by stroke count. Without knowing the kanji, I can only speculate as to what each means. As is, a few of the possible meanings is as follows:

Jin:
    perfect virtue; benevolence; charity.
    battle formation; a camp; an encampment; a position;take up a position.

Shin:
    a heart; a mind; spirit; the core [heart]((of the matter)); the center;
    truth; reality; veritable; genuine; ...
    Ching; the Ching Dynasty.

Jyutsu:
    an art; a technique; a way; a means; an artifice; a trick; magic; witchcraft; practice magic.

One word of caution. The introduction kanji is mainly the first word on the list. Those that follow after it are compounded with other kanji and hiragana. Hence, I would not say the practice is involved in the occult.

All these are found in Kenkyusha's "New Collegiate Japanese-English Dictionary, 3rd ed." 1983. Don't know where it is printed since the introduction is entirely in Japanese.

If I find anything else on it, I'll let you know. I am certain my wife never practiced it while in Japan. Her oldest brother only practices karate. So I have never encountered it.

alanmolstad

im sure if you smoke enough gr*** it works

Diana C. Rhoads

Actually I read it yesterday but I had https://www.***ignmenthelper.com.au/...*ignment-help/ some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written.