Thread: Comparing The Bible Against Joseph Smith

alanmolstad

Default Comparing The Bible Against Joseph Smith

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Could anyone here post what they find in Biblical NT--that they don't find in the LDS church?

Let me begin with what I find in the Biblical text which defies much of claimed Christianity:

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version (KJV)
    16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

don't have time to view the video how about some print versions
    check the new book thread to find my new books

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Could anyone here post what they find in Biblical NT--that they don't find in the LDS church?

Let me begin with what I find in the Biblical text which defies much of claimed Christianity:

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version (KJV)
    16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    Bump for anyone