Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Christmas Poem for Mormons

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    As Christians, we disagree with you and proclaim that Jesus Christ does, in fact, exist.

Since you are 'christians' in the same manner as the white supremecists, branch davidians, catholics, and other cults, your claim is bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Since you are 'christians' in the same manner as the white supremecists, branch davidians, catholics, and other cults, your claim is bogus.
    You think white supremacists are Christian? Do show us where Christ ever taught white supremacy.

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    "pal" = A friend; a chum...
    Right....and since I don't imagine me and Apologette having a girls night out anytime soon...my confusion stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post

Originally Posted by Christian Since you are 'christians' in the same manner as the white supremecists, branch davidians, catholics, and other cults, your claim is bogus

You think white supremacists are Christian? Do show us where Christ ever taught white supremacy.
    Nope. YOU are in their boat though. . .the same as the other cults are. Followers of false gods, false prophets, and false religions.

Nope, I did NOT SAY that any of you cults were Christians in ANY way.

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    mickey posted:

Sigh, ok Christian, than before I misunderstand anything else you're saying, do you rely upon the teachings of the trinity, and how did you learn about that?

I know FROM THE BIBLE that
    The Father is God
    Jesus is God
    The Holy Spirit is God

There is only ONE GOD ANYWHERE (Isa 43:10, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc etc

I don't need the writings of false prophets to show me that.

You had to have learned it specifically outside of the Bible because it's never mentioned by name in the Bible.

Not by name, BUY BY CONCEPT.

YOU SAID " I don't have to depend upon any manmade books, bishoprics or on man to understand SCRIPTURE." Yet you obviously use the teachings of man to understand scripture and THAT is what I was talking about, I think you know exactly what I meant.

Let's see. . .No, I don't have to depend upon your false prophets or their writings or their organizations to understand what GOD said in the Bible.

You use manmade techniques to study scripture and manmade doctrine like the trinity.

The concept of the Trinity is scriptural. I have shown so above.

How many gods do YOU believe exist? According to the SCRIPTURE listed above the GOD OF THE BIBLE DOESN'T KNOW OF ANY.

So again to say you rely SOLELY on the Bible is inaccurate.

Only in your mind.

Again if it is not what you meant, why did you say it? Please let me know.

I said it because it is what I meant. You may try to TWIST it if you wish, nobody can stop you. Be aware though, that such TWISTING amounts to lying. . .

Actually, you don't need to let me know. You rely on the teachings of men,

So you don't think the BIBLE (what I DO rely on) is inspired by God? It is only 'the teachings of men?' I guess you are what Paul talked to the Corinthians about:

1 Cor 2:14-15
    14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    NKJV

I rely on the teachings of men. We both claim to be led by the Spirit. We are in the same boat Christian, it was the only point I was making.

Yet we are not. I am in the Historical Christian 'boat,' you are in the 'newby boat,' invented by joseph smith. The boat I am on is headed to a sweet sunset. The one you are on is floating down the creek towards a waterfall (disaster) and you don't even have a paddle.

One day we will all know as all will be revealed, so again, going around and around with this benefits no one. But, that's fine Christian, carry on.

Yep, you are spiritually dead, stuck in a religion invented by joe smith.

BTW...it's not being politically correct to be nice to you, it's called being "Christlike". I don't want to be nice to you because of what you or others would think of me, I want to be nice to show my love because that's what Christ wants me to do and that's what Christ WOULD do.

It is politically correct for you to claim that. You cannot show one single scripture that says you should 'be nice' to anyone. You are to be patient, kind (telling the TRUTH that you are headed to hell is NOT unkind), and loving. My posts are that way.

HERE is how we are supposed to be:

2 Tim 4:1-5
    2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
    NKJV

John the Baptist wasn't wrong in HIS impolite behavior either:

Matt 3:7-12
    7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, "Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, 9 and do not think to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 10 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."
    NKJV

His words (like my own) sounded harsh, but were meant for good. He was not 'politically' correct, but he did not 'play nicey-nice' with them either.

Even if HE chose to reprove or correct others, He expects US to turn the other cheek.

I do that with you daily. I do both.

It's up to Him who He forgives or judges,

He already forgave me. He paid the price for my sins about 2,000 years ago on a cross.

it is up to US to love one another.

It is not UNloving for me to show you that you are going the wrong way, even if it makes you mad at me.

It is a little like seeing your house on fire and me banging on your door, waking you up to tell you.

It is also exactly what Paul told Timothy to do:

2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
    NKJV

You have turned aside to the fables invented by joseph smith. They are not from God; and you cannot demonstrate from SCRIPTURE that they are.

I will continue to show you the SCRIPTURES that demonstrate joe smith's foibles for what they are.
    Christian, no offense to you, but you are not Paul and you are not John The Baptist. And you and I are not above the Law

"1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again". (New Testament, Matthew, Matthew 7)

You can never convince me that Christ does not want me to show kindness to others.

"29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
    30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
    31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
    32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you."(New Testament, Ephesians, Ephesians 4)

"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." (New Testament, Galatians, Galatians 5)

Self control, temperance, meekness...KINDNESS...that which is uplifting and edifying, that is what I seek. I have to speak out if you try to tell me it's ok to be rude to others...that Christ CONDONES it. He doesn't. Again Christian...Merry Christmas to you and I pray that you find that tenderness in your heart that I know is there.

mickey posted:

NKJV

You have turned aside to the fables invented by joseph smith. They are not from God; and you cannot demonstrate from SCRIPTURE that they are.
    Christian, no offense to you, but you are not Paul and you are not John The Baptist. And you and I are not above the Law

First off, I have never claimed to be Paul or John the Baptist. I simply follow in their footsteps, as they followed in CHRIST'S footsteps. You ought to try it.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again". (New Testament, Matthew, Matthew 7)

So what's new here? I judge according to the SCRIPTURAL judgments that God has already made. I will be judged in the same way.

You can never convince me that Christ does not want me to show kindness to others.

I ALWAYS try to be kind to you, mickey. Sometimes I fail. For that I am sorry. I continue to fall short of perfection, which is why I am SO THANKFUL that I have Jesus. He forgave my shortcomings (sins) almost 2,000 years ago.

"29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
    30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
    31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
    32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you."(New Testament, Ephesians, Ephesians 4)

Which is why I have none of that bad stuff in m life.

"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." (New Testament, Galatians, Galatians 5)

Characteristics that are all predominant in my life ever since I became a Christian.

Self control, temperance, meekness...KINDNESS...that which is uplifting and edifying, that is what I seek. I have to speak out if you try to tell me it's ok to be rude to others...that Christ CONDONES it. He doesn't.

So you don't believe Jesus called anyone "Whitewashed tombs, filled with rotting bones?" Or do you NOT think that sounded 'rude' to those He was speaking to?

Perhaps you forget that you must consider what the circumstances of judging are (are we NOT to judge false beliefs?) and perhaps your judgement of me is much harsher than you pretend.

Let's see now. . .the circumstances of my judging YOUR HERETICAL RELIGION to be false are. . .oh yes, GOD'S WORD, THE BIBLE!

Are you REALLY TRYING TO CLAIM that we should 'play nicey-nice' with anti-God religions? I sincerely HOPE NOT.
    Last edited by Christian; 01-11-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post

Self control, temperance, meekness...KINDNESS...that which is uplifting and edifying, that is what I seek. I have to speak out if you try to tell me it's ok to be rude to others...that Christ CONDONES it. He doesn't. Again Christian...Merry Christmas to you and I pray that you find that tenderness in your heart that I know is there.
    That was a good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    That was a good post.

My response was better. . .
    Playing the 'judge not that ye be not judged' card in the way she did shows that she doesn't know her Bible any better than the ****sexuals do when THEY PLAY THE SAME CARD to try to defend themselves when the sin they condone is shown for what it is. . .

Similar 'cards' are the 'race card' and the 'hate card'. . .

Anything to try to defend your anti-God sin. . .