Thread: What Theological Seminary or Christian College would you suggest ?

Default What Theological Seminary or Christian College would you suggest ?

This question is for those in charge of the forum.

Some of these schools I've thought about attending:

*Denver Seminary - Littleton, CO

*Tennessee Temple University - Chattanooga, TN

*Trinity Divinity School - Deerfield, IL

*Wheaton College - Wheaton, IL

I wanted to ask if there were some other schools that are Theologically Sound that you would recommend.

johnd

2 Peter 1:20–21 (AV)
    20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
    21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (AV)
    21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

1 John 4:1 (AV)
    1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 (AV)
    11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

2 Timothy 3:16–17 (AV)
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Now that you know how to read and study the Bible, this is the best theology / seminary you can study without the traditions of man nullifying the word of God (Mark 7:13) as schools of man and even denominations of man do daily.

We are all priests of God who believe in Christ Jesus in the New Covenant:

1 Peter 2:3–11 (AV)
    3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
    4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
    5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
    7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
    8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
    9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
    11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Revelation 1:6 (AV)
    6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 (AV)
    10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

You find a denomination that teaches all that I just shared with you that has its theology straight about the deity of Christ and the Triunity of God... you join that denomination and its seminary. Otherwise it's just you, the Bible and the Holy Spirit. Best theological education anyone can have!

Thank you for your response. I believe everything you wrote and I accept it on an individual personal level with God but I still want to know where the best Christian School would be. I've even thought about going to some Orthodox Colleges.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    This question is for those in charge of the forum.

Some of these schools I've thought about attending:

*Denver Seminary - Littleton, CO

*Tennessee Temple University - Chattanooga, TN

*Trinity Divinity School - Deerfield, IL

*Wheaton College - Wheaton, IL

I wanted to ask if there were some other schools that are Theologically Sound that you would recommend.

Personally I prefer Dallas Theological Seminary. I'm currently taking some cl***es from them now. . .

[QUOTE=johnd;170782]2 Peter 1:20–21 (AV)
    20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
    21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (AV)
    21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

1 John 4:1 (AV)
    1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Acts 17:11 (AV)
    11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

2 Timothy 3:16–17 (AV)
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Now that you know how to read and study the Bible, this is the best theology / seminary you can study without the traditions of man nullifying the word of God (Mark 7:13) as schools of man and even denominations of man do daily.

We are all priests of God who believe in Christ Jesus in the New Covenant:

1 Peter 2:3–11 (AV)
    3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
    4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
    5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
    7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
    8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
    9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
    11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Revelation 1:6 (AV)
    6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 (AV)
    10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

You find a denomination that teaches all that I just shared with you that has its theology straight about the deity of Christ and the Triunity of God... you join that denomination and its seminary. Otherwise it's just you, the Bible and the Holy Spirit. Best theological education anyone can have![/QUOTE And yet most folks who simply grab a Bible, open it randomly and read that page find they have HUGE HOLES in their understanding of the Bible, and they are usually the ones who get led off into huge doctines of heresies ranging from white supremacy to oneness pentecostalism.

With very little study but much prayer and listening to good CHRISTIAN leaders such as Chuck Swindoll, John MacArthur, Charles Stanley, etc, you can find first Jesus Christ (the REAL ONE) and then good schools.

Simply cutting and pasting random disconnected verses (often OUT OF THE CONTEXT in which they were written) gains nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

Personally I prefer Dallas Theological Seminary. I'm currently taking some cl***es from them now. . .

Thanks for the suggestion.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

it all depends upon what you want to study an dho wmuch you want to spend. distance education can save you thousands and be just as good as attending a regular ins***ution.
    check the new book thread to find my new books