Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Cave of the Apocalypse * On The Island of Patmos in Greece * Book of Revelation

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Hello DrDavidT,
    Thanks for your reply. I guess the point is that this is a discussion forum, Jude can post whatever he feels is worth discussing and your disagreement with that content does not make him ignorant. Hey, Alan and I disagree all the time but there are no hard feelings. Being wrong doesn't make one ignorant but being unwilling to learn.
    The point is, if you continue to let him run amok, that tells me there are no rules here and no one is around to enforce them. That does not bode well for a discussion forum
    check the new book thread to find my new books

Another video:

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    The point is, if you continue to let him run amok, that tells me there are no rules here and no one is around to enforce them. That does not bode well for a discussion forum
    I always tell guests that if you have a issue with another guest that you should hit the REPORT thingy, and then place the name of the person on your IGNORE LIST and end the problem forever...

You dont have to just hope someone does something...you can take action yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I always tell guests that if you have a issue with another guest that you should hit the REPORT thingy, and then place the name of the person on your IGNORE LIST and end the problem forever...

You dont have to just hope someone does something...you can take action yourself.
    already did that

DrDavidt refuses to prove his credentials and answer basic questions about himself.

since the cave has nothing to do with John it would be wise for believers to ignore it and stop making shrines to locations related to the bible. there is no biblical instruction to make shrines.

Prove that it's not the real cave.

The Church vs A Random Person on the Internet

If you tell me the name of your denomination I can then tell when "Your" church began and who started it.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,
    2who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw.
    3Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

9I, John, £both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
    10I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,
    11saying

1After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”
    2Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.

Does anyone see where a cave was involved at all?

Why would I want Jude to tell me when and who when I already know he answers to those questions?

You still can't prove that he wasn't in that cave.

The Church's Opinion vs A Random Person on the Internet's Opinion
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

Lord Jesus Christ in The Name of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit please lead us unto All Truth because You are Truth Amen.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    You still can't prove that he wasn't in that cave.

I cant prove he wasn't in my backyard...
    I cant prove he wasn't on Mars,
    I cant prove he wasn't dancing on the head of a pin too.

There is no limit to the things I cant prove about the guy....

But the truth is this:
    Extra ordinary claims need extra ordinary proof
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 08-06-2016 at 05:08 AM.

the truth is whether john was in a cave or not is NOT germane to the Christian faith, biblical teaching or the truth. There is NO evidence that John was in a cave but that doesn't matter. John's exact location is not germane or vital to the christian faith nor any biblical doctrine or teaching, Getting caught up in a discussion on his exact location which is unprovable is a distraction to the faith not a help to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    the truth is whether john was in a cave or not is NOT germane to the Christian faith, biblical teaching or the truth. There is NO evidence that John was in a cave but that doesn't matter. John's exact location is not germane or vital to the christian faith nor any biblical doctrine or teaching, Getting caught up in a discussion on his exact location which is unprovable is a distraction to the faith not a help to it.
    I'll trust The Church instead of your opinion.

so sad. Jude can't hear the truth when it is spoken

Venerating the cave is not a biblical act nor is there any biblical instruction to make earthly sites 'holy' God does that by putting his presence there. There is nothing biblical about that cave and Christians will not be affected if they ignore it. That cave like so many other 'holy' sites are not part of the faith, not vital to it and do nothing to support it.