Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHO has more authority than I do

Default WHO has more authority than I do

To speak for God? To serve God? To baptize a new believer? To preach the Word of God (SCRIPTURE)?

My Bible tells me:

John 1:11-13
    11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
    NKJV

1 Peter 2:7-10
    7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,
    "The stone which the builders rejected
    Has become the chief cornerstone,"
    8 and
    "A stone of stumbling
    And a rock of offense."
    They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
    9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
    NKJV

As a BELIEVER I am a member of CHRIST'S ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, and all priests live to serve their master and have the right to do so.

NOBODY has more authority to speak for, act for God that that.

IF you disagree, then SHOW US SCRIPTURE that says we should believe you. . .

I think you posted this in the wrong forum, unless you're arguing that Mormons are part of your Royal Priesthood as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post

WHO has ore authority than I do?
    To speak for God? To serve God? To baptize a new believer? To preach the Word of God (SCRIPTURE)?

My Bible tells me:

11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
    NKJV

7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,
    8 and
    "A stone of stumbling
    And a rock of offense."
    9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
    NKJV

As a BELIEVER I am a member of CHRIST'S ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, and all priests live to serve their master and have the right to do so.

NOBODY has more authority to speak for, act for God that that.

I think you posted this in the wrong forum, unless you're arguing that Mormons are part of your Royal Priesthood as well.

Nope. I posted it in the right forum. Mormons don't believe in the same Jesus Christ as we CHRISTIANS do. Different christ, different gods, different gospels, they have no authority over anyone but mormons, and that authority comes only from their own manmade religion.

Sorry erundur, but your claim is meaningless and false.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Nope. I posted it in the right forum.
    Okay, good to know that you consider us members of the Royal Priesthood as well.

Mormons don't believe in the same Jesus Christ as we CHRISTIANS do.
    That's right; we believe in the true Jesus Christ of the Bible. By the way, how many Jesus Christs do you think there are? (I've probably asked you that before, but I don't remember the answer.)

confused erunder posted:

Okay, good to know that you consider us members of the Royal Priesthood as well.

That's right; we believe in the true Jesus Christ of the Bible

So you ADMIT that you do NOT BELIEVE IN THE MORMON jesus? You believe in the BIBLICAL Jesus Christ instead?

The BIBLICAL Jesus CREATED the angels, including satan and the rest of those that fell; the BIBLICAL Jesus was their CREATOR, NOT THEIR BROTHER.

of course joey smith made up a bunch of junk. . . about heavenly goddesses popping out 'spirit babies.' They resemble the 'virgins' that the muslims believe they will get when they die.

John 1:1-3
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
    NKJV

By the way, how many Jesus Christs do you think there are? (I've probably asked you that before, but I don't remember the answer.)
    How many false christs are there?
    Let's see now. . .JESUS said:

Matt 24:24-25
    24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
    NKJV

Some I can point out to you. . .

The mormon jesus who is supposedly a spirit-brother of satan.
    The christian science jesus who was supposedly just an 'Idea of God,' never a man.
    The jw jesus who was a man but was not God at all.

False prophets? Joe smith, bringum young, etc. Sun myung moon. Mary baker eddy.

Want more? I'd bet I could find more for you if you wish.

arrogant christien posted:

Let's see now. . .the TRUE JESUS CHRIST OF THE BIBLE?
    Yes, that's what I said.

Then you DON'T believe in the mormon jesus, huh. After all, the mormon jesus is supposedly a demon, a spirit brother of the devil himself. The mormon jesus didn't CREATE the angels. . .he is a fallen one's brother.
    No, you're confusing us with the anti-Mormons.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    By the way, how many Jesus Christs do you think there are?
    many...that are false.
    http://biblehub.com/matthew/24-24.htm

For many false Christs and many False Prophets will arise and deceive many...
    http://biblehub.com/matthew/24-5.htm

alanmolstad

Amused Alan posted :

Default Still no authority from the mormons

Since mormon LEADERSHIP ADMITS that the Jesus Christ we CHRISTIANS follow is NOT the jesus christ THEY follow, the only confusion and arrogance are yours.

No, your non-christian mormon leaders do not have ANY authority over anyone but non-christian mormons.

Call me 'anti-mormon' if you like. The BIBLICAL JESUS CHRIST is as anti-mormon as I am.

Now back to the OP. .

You STILL have not demonstrated that anyone has more authority to speak or act for God than I, a BIBLICAL Christian have.

Since mormon LEADERSHIP ADMITS that the Jesus Christ we CHRISTIANS follow is NOT the jesus christ THEY follow, the only confusion and arrogance are yours.
    That is a lie!

I already know that no such admission by Mormon Leadership exists, so I won't even bother asking you to prove it. I also already know what quote you are going to try to use to prove your case.... But before you do, I suggest you read it carefully first.

Therefore I'm left with only two conclusions:
    Either you knowingly posted a lie, I.e. You are "lying for the Lord"
    Or you are really that ignorant about what we believe, and what the Bible teaches.

This is why all Mormons (as well as most of the non-Mormons here) are either embarr***ed for you because of your incompetence; or we see you as the naive but harmless comic relief of this forum.

For me, I see you as nothing more than the lovable comic relief, who does more harm to your own beliefs, while actually helping the LDS Church at the same time. Thanks for the hours of entertainment you give us.
    Last edited by theway; 01-24-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    That is a lie!

I already know that no such admission by Mormon Leadership exists, so I won't even bother asking you to prove it. I also already know what quote you are going to try to use to prove your case.... But before you do, I suggest you read it carefully first.

Or you are really that ignorant about what we believe, and what the Bible teaches.

This is why all Mormons (as well as most of the non-Mormons here) are either embarr***ed for you because of your incompetence; or we see you as the naive but harmless comic relief of this forum.

For me, I see you as nothing more than the lovable comic relief, who does more harm to your own beliefs, while actually helping the LDS Church at the same time. Thanks for the hours of entertainment you give us.
    One could make the argument that some of the people who post outlandish, illogical rants against the LDS are knowingly doing it to make the antimormon industry look buffoonish.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    One could make the argument that some of the people who post outlandish, illogical rants against the LDS are knowingly doing it to make the antimormon industry look buffoonish.
    I thought about that... And even considered doing that myself. However, you can only keep it up the charade for so long before they either catch on, or you get bored with it. The fact that he has kept up with his nonsense even after all the embarr***ing arguments he has lost, tells me that he actually believes what he does is working. Whether he really believes the lies he espouses is true or not is another thing. I often believe these types of AntiMormons are here more to convince themselves it's not true, than they are here to try and convince us.

[QUOTE=theway;166324]That is a lie!

I think it was at a general conference one of your leaders said you do NOT believe in the same Jesus Christ as historical CHRISTIANS do. Not a 'lie' in any sense of the word.

Did or did NOT your president make the following statements?.
    . .
    "In bearing testimony of Jesus Christ, President Hinckley spoke of those outside the Church who say Latter-day Saints 'do not believe in the traditional Christ.' 'No, I don't. The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak has been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. He together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the nature of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages.'" (LDS Church News Week ending June 20, 1998, p. 7) Copied from Matt Slick's website.

Of course, you as a cultist must re-define my position so you can hack at your redefinition (strawman argument) in self-defense.

1 Cor 2:14-15
    4 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    NKJV

OF COURSE the Truth is foolishness to you. . .

STILL no 'authority' from the mormons.

Lots of excuses, but NOT ONE WORD FROM GOD.

I think it was at a general conference one of your leaders said you do NOT believe in the same Jesus Christ as historical CHRISTIANS do. Not a 'lie' in any sense of the word.
    One of my "leaders" said no such thing during conference.

Did or did NOT your president make the following statements?.
    LOL.... See what I mean by you being nothing more than the comic relief of the forum. You even admit that the quote below is a quote of Matt Slick, not the President of our Church. Yet you use it anyway.

"In bearing testimony of Jesus Christ, President Hinckley spoke of those outside the Church who say Latter-day Saints 'do not believe in the traditional Christ.' 'No, I don't. The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak has been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. He together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the nature of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages.'" (LDS Church News Week ending June 20, 1998, p. 7) Copied from Matt Slick's website.
    Last edited by theway; 01-25-2016 at 11:46 AM.

way posted

Are you DENYING that the mormon president said the following?

In bearing testimony of Jesus Christ, President Hinckley spoke of those outside the Church who say Latter-day Saints 'do not believe in the traditional Christ.' 'No, I don't. The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak has been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. He together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the nature of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages.'" (LDS Church News Week ending June 20, 1998, p. 7)
    I may have gotten the LOCATION wrong, but not the PERSON or his MESSAGE. Are you claiming that Matt Slick LIED, that your president Hinkley DID NOT SAY any such thing?

I quoted it from Matt's website out of convenience. I could likely find it on a MORMON SITE if you doubt its accuracy.

LOL.... See what I mean by you being nothing more than the comic relief of the forum. You even admit that the quote below is a quote of Matt Slick, not the President of our Church. Yet you use it anyway.

Try again. It is a correct CITATION of a correctly CITED reporting by the LDS Church News Week. You may 'get a laugh' from anything you don't understand, but then idiots laugh at people p***ing gas too. . .

way posted

Are you DENYING that the mormon president said the following?

I may have gotten the LOCATION wrong, but not the PERSON or his MESSAGE. Are you claiming that Matt Slick LIED, that your president Hinkley DID NOT SAY any such thing?

I quoted it from Matt's website out of convenience. I could likely find it on a MORMON SITE if you doubt its accuracy.

Try again. It is a correct CITATION of a correctly CITED reporting by the LDS Church News Week. You may 'get a laugh' from anything you don't understand, but then idiots laugh at people p***ing gas too. . .
    Still wrong!
    But. You are getting warmer... You have gone from 4th hand quotes, to a 3rd hand quote. Please quote what the President actually said, with the quotation marks in the proper location.

Still wrong!
    But. You are getting warmer... You have gone from 4th hand quotes, to a 3rd hand quote. Please quote what the President actually said, with the quotation marks in the proper location.
    Try READING the post. What part of "president Hinkley" did you NOT understand? What part of the location that was given, the LDS publication, date, and page number DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND.

Sorry 'way,' but you are going the WRONG way, it appears. . .

Are you DENYING that he said what the lds publication SAID HE SAID?

Why are you RUNNING AWAY FROM THAT QUESTION?
    DID HE SAY IT OR DID HE NOT?

LOOK FOR YOURSELF on the lds webpage that is given.

Try READING the post. What part of "president Hinkley" did you NOT understand? What part of the location that was given, the LDS publication, date, and page number DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND.

Sorry 'way,' but you are going the WRONG way, it appears. . .

Are you DENYING that he said what the lds publication SAID HE SAID?

Why are you RUNNING AWAY FROM THAT QUESTION?
    DID HE SAY IT OR DID HE NOT?

LOOK FOR YOURSELF on the lds webpage that is given.
    Its your proof, you need to quote it correctly. Please put quotation marks around the part that Hinkley actually said.

alanmolstad

[QUOTE=Christian;166332]
    That is a lie!
    Although I dont follow all the text of every topic...I have to point out that use of the word "lie" when addressing guests is not allowed under the given rules...

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Although I dont follow all the text of every topic...I have to point out that use of the word "lie" when addressing guests is not allowed under the given rules...
    First I would like to point out that theway said the claim was a lie, the same way Christian called erundur's claim a lie. But if you were to actually follow the text, you would see that theway completely clarifies that point that Christian isn't the liar, the anti-Mormon source that purposefully and deceitfully misquotes church leaders are the liars.

But where's that rule...let's see...

"Please do not refer to a member by any name other than his or her username. Mocking someone's ideas or beliefs is baiting. Pejorative terms like "liar" or "lying" in reference to other members will be considered personal attacks."

Oh yeah, right after those other two rules that you and Christian break on a daily basis.

Do you really expect people to take you seriously?

alanmolstad

I never expect squat...and I'm never disoppointed.

But from time to time it's best to remind people that use of the term "lie" when referring to another is going down the wrong path.

While you're still trying to figure out why your quotes are wrong, let's look at your OP

Sure, no problem, and I'll simply use your own verses.

NKJV
    Now I don't get why you used this verse as we agree with it 100%

D&C 11:30 But verily, verily, I say unto you, that as many as receive me, to them will I give power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on my name. Amen.

3 Nephi 9:17 And as many as have received me, to them have I given to become the sons of God; and even so will I to as many as shall believe on my name, for behold, by me redemption cometh, and in me is the law of Moses fulfilled.

So obviously the difference is in interpretation.
    We interpret the scripture in the Bible the same way it was meant to be interpreted by John, and by those in the Orthodox Christian Church for 1,500 years.
    Your heretical interpretation didn't even exist until Martin Luther invented the idea of a "Priesthood of all believers" in the year 1520.

8 and
    "A stone of stumbling
    And a rock of offense."
    9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. NKJV
    What you have overlooked here is that Peter in verse 9 is quoting Exodus 19:5-6

5. Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine; 6. And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel."…

I think we can both agree that there was no such thing as a "priesthood of all believers" in the Old Testament.
    By your own verses, your inability to discern the Word of God has been exposed once again.

Its your proof, you need to quote it correctly. Please put quotation marks around the part that Hinkley actually said.
    Why are you STILL RUNNING AWAY FROM THAT QUESTION? DID HE SAY IT OR DID HE NOT?

Why are you so afraid to answer the question?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post

Oh please... I find it hard to believe that you can not follow the few posts that are not your own posts here, by the few Posters that are actually left.
    But if you had been following along, you would have seen that I offered an alternative explanation; that Matt Slick and Christian naively posted misquotes and explanations because they simply do not understand Mormonism, or the Bible.

I'm more than happy to say I'm sorry and go with the alternate explanation if that is what you wish.