Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHO has more authority than I do

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Why are you STILL RUNNING AWAY FROM THAT QUESTION? DID HE SAY IT OR DID HE NOT?
    As you quoted it.... NO!
    Last edited by theway; 01-26-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    As you quoted it.... NO!

Still afraid to admit that hinkley said what one of your lds publications SAID HE SAID, huh? Why are you so afraid to ADMIT HE DID? RUN RUN RUN way!

STILL no mormons with the authority we CHRISTIANS have.

alanmolstad

Why are you STILL RUNNING AWAY FROM THAT QUESTION? DID HE SAY IT OR DID HE NOT?

Why are you so afraid to answer the question?

it will be interesting to see how this question is answered...(or the lack of an answer more likely )
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 01-26-2016 at 10:23 AM.

STILL no mormons with the authority we CHRISTIANS have.
    LOL.... of course not. We have REAL Authority from God; not some made up "Priesthood of all believers" authority of man like you have.

However, what you failed to note is that the majority of people you accept into your Christian Club, do not believe in this "priesthood of all believers" either. Like us, they concider it a heresy.
    Last edited by theway; 01-26-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    it will be interesting to see how this question is answered...
    i realize you have a hard time following along... But I already answered that question.

MickeyS

I never expect squat...and I'm never disoppointed.

But from time to time it's best to remind people that use of the term "lie" when referring to another is going down the wrong path.
    Oh good, at least you're not fooling yourself lol. Because someone who behaves in that manner could seem not only completely hypocritical, but totally deceitful and dishonest as well. It would be very hard to take a person seriously in that situation. But it's good that you aren't expecting anyone to.

alanmolstad

I believe that point of any message forum having rules and reminding people to keep them is to allow people the freedom to discuss "ideas' and not just get dragged down into very personal attacks.

None of us have to spend long trying to think of other forums where personal attacks are the norm Im sure.

So its good for all to remember that we can all openly disagree with each other and openly criticize ideas and teachings, that we think are in error.

..its ok to believe all manner of things about past historical figures, but in doing so we have to always remember to keep it about "them" or their "ideas", yet not allow the conversation to drift down into making personal attacks against our other forum fellow guests.

So I dont mind if someone else criticize my faith, or my church, or the great men in the history of my church .

I dont care other guests believe all kinds of things that are completely in error as far as Im concerned.

Lets just not make this personal about each other ok?....

You can attack my church and my ideas all you want to make yourself happy.
    I dont really care.
    Just dont attack me personally and we wont have a problem getting along and I wont have to add your name to my IGNORE LIST*.

* cuz once you are on that list, there is no getting off it forever...

MickeyS

That was very well said, and if I were in a forum where the members in charge actually abided by and respected the rules they established and enforce with some, it would actually mean something. But I'm not, so it doesn't. You simply cannot expect people to believe what you say when your actions prove the exact opposite.

This forum sets a certain tone, and then when others act according to the example set by this tone, they get criticized, chastised and talked down to in a blatantly prejudicial manner simply because of what they believe. All the well spoken words in the world can't hide that well known fact.

And if you put me on your ignore list for pointing out what everyone else already knows....that's completely up to you. I will continue to point out when forum rules are broken...from time to time.

I would like to point out an error in what you said about historical figures. You're right, it's ok to believe whatever you want about historical figures, but when sharing what you believe, "this should be done in a scholarly way--no mocking, contempt, etc. If you cannot do this, than do not post."

Also, when you conveniently tie doctrine that is an integral part of my belief system in with your "discussing" historical figures in the manner in which you do it, you effectively break the other forum rule of repeatedly mocking others beliefs....baiting.

Again, like you said...rules...they're there for a reason, unless the reason is to only be used on those who don't agree with you, simply because you can, then they're good for absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by MickeyS; 01-26-2016 at 07:47 PM.

alanmolstad

I really don't care what you say or think about non-members of this forum...I don't think anyone does.

But I do hope that when a new visitor arrives here to visit us that they will see long-time posters such as yourself that never attack others personally. .

And thus it should be the other guests like yourself that I believe should set the best "tone" for others to learn from and follow.

I for one never attack anyone personally..
    So when I go after false Mormon teachers and attack their false teachings (as well as the sexual perversions of the Mormon founder Smith) I do so while never attacking other guests to this site in a personal manner.

I care what Smith is guilty of
    I don't give a rip about yourself.

If only others followed my good example...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 01-26-2016 at 10:10 PM.

MickeyS

Your "good example"??

LOLOL!!! Ohmygoodness, that's priceless. Not attacking other members of the forum is ONE of several rules...it's not the ONLY rule. And there are members here who attack others plenty, daily, actually in every single comment they make..that you don't say one thing about, so again, all those words mean nada. I can only hope new members who come here can see this place immediately for what it is, and not get sucked in like I did.

I have been civil, I have been kind (and been ridiculed for that, thank you very much) and I have tried to keep things about doctrine in a SCHOLARLY fashion. I have also been attacked, called names, and have had my beliefs mocked in disgusting ways. So I don't need you talking down to me like I'm an errant child. Not with the way you talk and the way you allow others to.

So, please, quit acting like you care if people are attacked...because you don't. You only care if non-Mormons are attacked. Ignore me, ban me, whatever. I'm tired of watching the blatant and complete hypocrisy in this forum. It's disgusting.

And I'm not ashamed of what I've said. If one person comes through here and reads this and it causes them to be wary of the behavior of long standing members of this forum...then it will have been all worth it. If they think I'M the problem after reading this, well...then they'll be right at home here
    Last edited by MickeyS; 01-27-2016 at 06:00 AM.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    Your "good example"??

yes thanks,

and I always tell people that if at any time you believe you have been attacked personally or simply dont like another person on the forum, that you can place their name on your personal IGNORE LIST and end any future problems.

So you dont have to bother convincing the "local authorities" to take some type of disciplinary action at all !

You have the power (and the right) to control in this manner all the posts that appear on your own computer screen!
    I always suggest people make more use of the IGNORE LIST and thus bring an ending to the common back-and-forth, he said/she said bickering.

MickeyS

yes thanks,

and I always tell people that if at any time you believe you have been attacked personally or simply dont like another person on the forum, that you can place their name on your personal IGNORE LIST and end any future problems.

So you dont have to bother convincing the "local authorities" to take some type of disciplinary action at all !

You have the power (and the right) to control in this manner all the posts that appear on your own computer screen!
    I always suggest people make more use of the IGNORE LIST and thus bring an ending to the common back-and-forth, he said/she said bickering.
    I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm just pointing out that the rules here are completely subjective and therefore totally meaningless. That was my only point. Oh and to call you out on your lip service. But that's it. You don't care what I think, I don't care what you think, it's mutual.

There is no "back and forth" bickering...it's all one-sided

Default The ONLY 'authority' mormons have is over their own little 'huddle.'

LOL.... of course not. We have REAL Authority from God; not some made up "Priesthood of all believers" authority of man like you have.

However, what you failed to note is that the majority of people you accept into your Christian Club, do not believe in this "priesthood of all believers" either. Like us, they concider it a heresy.

Do you make this junk up as you go? Did I 'make the Bible up?'

It was GOD who gave us the scripture. . .

1 Peter 2:7-10
    7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,
    "The stone which the builders rejected
    Has become the chief cornerstone,"
    8 and
    "A stone of stumbling
    And a rock of offense."
    They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
    9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
    NKJV

I'm sorry you disagree with GOD. . .

The ONLY 'authority' mormons have is over their own little 'huddle.'

alanmolstad

Over the years I have seen a few people from time to time believe that the rules here were weak and meaningless.

They don't seem to last long for some reason?
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 01-27-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Default STILL no mormons with the authority to speak for anyone but for mormons. . .

7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,
    8 and
    "A stone of stumbling
    And a rock of offense."
    9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
    NKJV

STILL no mormons with the authority to speak for anyone but for mormons. . .

MickeyS

Over the years I have seen a few people from time to time believe that the rules here were weak and meaningless.

Ok....first off...I never once said the rules themselves were meaningless, I was quite clear about that.

The rules BECOME meaningless when they are being "enforced" by someone who continually breaks them, or when they are used merely to keep certain members in line, while never applying ... EVER... to others. In short...when they are continually abused, they BECOME absolutely meaningless.

You can't expect people to respect the rules if you don't respect them yourself.

And still you have not explained why the rules do not apply to you.

alanmolstad

Like I said..

From time to time over the years I have seen people get it into their heads that because they felt strongly that they were in the right on some issue that this also gave them the right to consider the rules did not apply to them.

I remember a Christian poster on this forum that seemed to belive this.
    He started to post in a manner that was going down a dark path.
    I remember I sent him a few messages on the side in an attempt to go a different direction.

My advice was ignored.

He kept at it and I don't expect anyone was all that shocked to see the word "BANNED" appear on his status.

8 and
    "A stone of stumbling
    And a rock of offense."
    NKJV

LOL.... There you go again, blaming your errant understanding of the scriptures on God again.

I showed you in my reply #23 how this verse is to be understood; so if you disagree and understand it incorrectly, that is not God's or my fault, nor is it the fault of the majority of your fellow Christians who also disagree with you, it is your fault.

alanmolstad

Still afraid to admit that hinkley said what one of your lds publications SAID HE SAID, huh? Why are you so afraid to ADMIT HE DID? RUN RUN RUN way!
    Ever get an answer?

That's because they think that this forum... (And all AntiMormon forums like this one), serve some kind of serious purpose other than the entertainment value of it. Therefore they think that they should be taken seriously.
    I for one have never reported anyone, nor have I put people on ignore... That's because I am honest about why people come to these forums. If you think it is to guide people away from one side or the other, you will end up frustrated and disappointed... It is also a waste of time. I have had more convert baptisms in one month of actual person to person missionary work, then all of my years on these forums put together.
    If a forum gets boring, I will leave on my own long before they have the chance to ban me.
    Last edited by theway; 01-27-2016 at 10:40 AM.

No I'm not afraid to admit that he said what an LDS publication said he said. I pointed out that you misquoted him; you then made a false statement based on that misquote.

MickeyS

Like I said..

From time to time over the years I have seen people get it into their heads that because they felt strongly that they were in the right on some issue that this also gave them the right to consider the rules did not apply to them.

I remember a Christian poster on this forum that seemed to belive this.
    He started to post in a manner that was going down a dark path.
    I remember I sent him a few messages on the side in an attempt to go a different direction.

My advice was ignored.

He kept at it and I don't expect anyone was all that shocked to see the word "BANNED" appear on his status.

Much like my question was ignored lol

It's not about my opinion that I have to be right about...there are rules...you don't follow them. It's quite simple.

It's ok though, thank you for further confirming what this forum is really about.
    Last edited by MickeyS; 01-27-2016 at 11:14 AM.

Originally Posted by Christian [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]

8 and
    "A stone of stumbling
    And a rock of offense."
    NKJV

LOL.... There you go again, blaming your errant understanding of the scriptures on God again.

I showed you in my reply #23 how this verse is to be understood; so if you disagree and understand it incorrectly, that is not God's or my fault, nor is it the fault of the majority of your fellow Christians who also disagree with you, it is your fault.

Somewhere I must have missed what you CLAIMED. . .

Perhaps you could REPOST your 'explanation' about how God didn't mean what He said through Peter.

Until then, your argument REMAINS with God, not me. And what I posted remains TRUE.

Mormons STILL have no 'authority' over God's people at all.
    You have not shown that they have ANY AUTHORITY OVER ANYONE ELSE, IN ANY POSTS EVER.

No I'm not afraid to admit that he said what an LDS publication said he said. I pointed out that you misquoted him; you then made a false statement based on that misquote.

You think so? Then please. . .YOU QUOTE HIM CORRECTLY. Do YOU still claim you follow the same Jesus we Christians do?