Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WHO has more authority than I do

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    LOL.... of course not. We have REAL Authority from God; not some made up "Priesthood of all believers" authority of man like you have.

However, what you failed to note is that the majority of people you accept into your Christian Club, do not believe in this "priesthood of all believers" either. Like us, they concider it a heresy.

Do YOU consider that the most of the mormons who don't believe bringum young was a prophet of God or that the utah mormons are from God at all are wrong just because YOUR group is 'unpopular?' Do YOU think God operates a 'popularity contest?'

You have no EVIDENCE to offer that says that CHRISTIANS consider 1 Peter 2:7-10 to be heresy. In other words, like joseph smith and his peepstone, you are talking through your hat!

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    In other words, like joseph smith and his peepstone, you are talking through your hat!

LOL...good one!

wrong way posted:

Originally Posted by Christian [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]
    Do YOU consider that the most of the mormons who don't believe bringum young was a prophet of God or that the utah mormons are from God at all are wrong just because YOUR group is 'unpopular?' Do YOU think God operates a 'popularity contest?'

Well, it looks like you finally realized what I was saying was true; that your belief in "A Priesthood of all believers" was not a "Christian" view, but it belongs as a heretical minority viewpoint, else, you wouldn't have felt the need to revisit my post.

What a JOKE! Christians have believed the "royal priesthood" p***age from the beginning. Do you ALWAYS FEEL THE NEED TO RATIONALIZE SO WILDLY?????

However, complaining about Brigham Young and popularity contests, will not provide a solution to the conflicting beliefs you hold.

The beliefs I hold are the beliefs historical Christianity has held for about 2,000 years now. Joey smith invented his NEW belief system.

Originally Posted by Christian
    You have no EVIDENCE to offer that says that CHRISTIANS consider 1 Peter 2:7-10 to be heresy. In other words, like joseph smith and his peepstone, you are talking through your hat!

LOL... So this is how you deal with your cognitive dissonance... Is by creating a strawman and claiming I said something I did not say or write.

No 'cognitive dissonance' or 'strawman.' I did not claim you said or wrote anything at all. More WILD RATIONALIZATION by you, of course. We CHRISTIANS simply accept 1 Peter 2:7-10 AS IT IS WRITTEN. Your 'talking through your hat' of course is an idiom that apparently you can't connect with your peepstone gazer because you have been so brainwashed.

In fact, I made sure that I said it was YOUR interpretation of 1Peter 2:9 that Christians believed to be heretical...

I don't 'interpret' it. I just read it as it is WRITTEN. You have not demonstrated that Christians believed it to be heretical, and I have no reason to believe your brainwashed speculation that they did.

But whatever helps you sleep at night....

GOD gives me peaceful sleep, thank you. You ought to try going with HIM.

Default STILL NOBODY with more authority

to act for God or speak for God than EVERY CHRISTIAN EVERYWHERE, ALL are members of Christ's ROYAL PRIESTHOOD.

alanmolstad

the veil is torn....
    There now is no secret place that we are kept from entering.
    We all now have the ability to enter in where before only one person went once a year.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-03-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Default Knocks the wind out of their sails. . .

Keep telling yourself that.... Maybe someday somebody will believe you.
    Of course they would have to be Bible illiterate, such as yourself.

Since I am a believer (biblically literate or not), I STILL FIT THE ONES THE FOLLOWING P***AGE IS ADDRESSED TO:

1 Peter 2:7-10
    7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,
    "The stone which the builders rejected
    Has become the chief cornerstone,"
    8 and
    "A stone of stumbling
    And a rock of offense."
    They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
    9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
    NKJV

You can 'spin your tales' until you get dizzy and fall down, yet you CANNOT DENY THE TRUTH THAT GOD GAVE ALL OF US CHRISTIANS (men AND women) WHO BELIEVE HIS ROYAL PRIESTHOOD; including the right to speak and act for HIM.

So call us names like 'illiterate' and 'stupid' and 'ignorant' if you wish. We are simply GOD'S HOLY PEOPLE.

So why whine about it? Does that take the wind out of your mormon 'priesthood's' sails?
    Last edited by Christian; 02-21-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Keep telling yourself that.... Maybe someday somebody will believe you.
    Of course they would have to be Bible illiterate, such as yourself.

Since GOD said it. . .IT IS TRUE. CHRISTIANS EVERYWHERE believe what GOD says.

You STILL have not shown any lacking in my understanding of this p***age:

7 Therefore, to you who believe (Yep, that would include me, along with EVERY CHRISTIAN EVERYWHERE ), He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,
    8 and
    "A stone of stumbling
    And a rock of offense."
    9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people (yep, that includes me along with EVERY CHRISTIAN EVERYWHERE), that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
    NKJV

Now WHAT WORDS IN THAT P***AGE have you confused? WHICH ONES DO YOU DISAGREE WITH?

Since GOD said it. . .IT IS TRUE. CHRISTIANS EVERYWHERE believe what GOD says.

You STILL have not shown any lacking in my understanding of this p***age:

7 Therefore, to you who believe (Yep, that would include me, along with EVERY CHRISTIAN EVERYWHERE ), He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,
    8 and
    "A stone of stumbling
    And a rock of offense."
    9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people (yep, that includes me along with EVERY CHRISTIAN EVERYWHERE), that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
    NKJV

Now WHAT WORDS IN THAT P***AGE have you confused? WHICH ONES DO YOU DISAGREE WITH?
    You stated "you CANNOT DENY THE TRUTH THAT GOD GAVE ALL OF US CHRISTIANS (men AND women) WHO BELIEVE HIS ROYAL PRIESTHOOD; including the right to speak and act for HIM."

But scripture states: For God is not a God of confusion.." 1 Cor 14:33

If you were all his priesthood and all have the "right" to speak and act FOR HIM--then there would, in no way, be so many difference beliefs surrounding things such as woman in the priesthood, baptism, the second coming, etc.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Default text out of context is pretext, someone once said.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    You stated "you CANNOT DENY THE TRUTH THAT GOD GAVE ALL OF US CHRISTIANS (men AND women) WHO BELIEVE HIS ROYAL PRIESTHOOD; including the right to speak and act for HIM."

But scripture states: For God is not a God of confusion.." 1 Cor 14:33

If you were all his priesthood and all have the "right" to speak and act FOR HIM--then there would, in no way, be so many difference beliefs surrounding things such as woman in the priesthood, baptism, the second coming, etc.
    You mean like the mormon different beliefs such as polygamy/no polygamy, who should own the Temple Lot, etc? The 150+ different 'mormon' groups?

The Bible also states:

Judas went and hanged himself
    and
    go thou and do likewise
    and
    hurry, do not tarry.

You can snatch ALL SORTS of phrases OUT OF THE CONTEXT IN WHICH THEY WERE WRITTEN and 'force them' into your own private mouldy mold to say whatever you want.

Of course 1 Corinthians 14:33 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DIFFERING CHURCH DOCTRINES, now does it?

Try again, julie. But next time, TRY to find something that might agree with you in the BIBLE.

You mean like the mormon different beliefs such as polygamy/no polygamy, who should own the Temple Lot, etc? The 150+ different 'mormon' groups?

The Bible also states:

Judas went and hanged himself
    and
    go thou and do likewise
    and
    hurry, do not tarry.

You can snatch ALL SORTS of phrases OUT OF THE CONTEXT IN WHICH THEY WERE WRITTEN and 'force them' into your own private mouldy mold to say whatever you want.

Of course 1 Corinthians 14:33 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DIFFERING CHURCH DOCTRINES, now does it?

Try again, julie. But next time, TRY to find something that might agree with you in the BIBLE.
    You stated: "WHO BELIEVE HIS ROYAL PRIESTHOOD; including the right to speak and act for HIM."

The examples you gave, I can tell you that when God has a prophet, he can make changes--such as when he to kill all the Midianites, but then tells us not to kill. As he leads his prophets, he lets him know what he wants.

As to the 150+ Mormon churches---I would love for you to make a list of them, I can think of only a few break offs, although, I am sure you can find a list somewhere.

But here is my main point--in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, if you do not believe in the priesthood keys of the prophet and follow what is revealed to him, you are either not a member or are excommunicated. In this way, there are not many points of differing doctrine, but rather one clear, straight and narrow way to follow Christ.

What about your differing doctrines--do you acknowledge that you are right and they are wrong--or do you try to say that all can speak and act for God, yet all be different?
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?