Thread: Why is Everyone so oppressed with Mormonism in this Forum LOLZ ?

Default Why is Everyone so oppressed with Mormonism in this Forum LOLZ ?

Seriously Though, It's the only section that seems to get much traffic from both Christians and Mormons on this site.

Typo in ***le, I mean "Obsessed" sorry about that.

Just to be clear, I'm glad you guys(Mormons) are here by the way.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    Seriously Though, It's the only section that seems to get much traffic .
    Jude, I will tell you a story about your observation.

A long,long time ago...
    I also noticed that I only saw new posts on the Mormon topics.
    This is not good news for me personally, as the "Mormon Thing" is not really my bag.

Now dont get me wrong, I have had many chances to deal with Mormons over the years, and I know a few things about the Mormons.
    But the truth be told, Mormonism is just not all that interesting to me personally.

One day I saw an older topic here on the forum, I think it was on the topic of space travel?...or Star Trek?,
    anyway, I wanted to talk about that for a change and so I posted on it a bunch of times.

I got nothing back from anyone.

I had a few forum friends at the time here who were Mormon, and one of them was named "Fig" and he was always fun to talk with and so I wrote a Private Message to Fig and inviting him to buzz over to the NASA topic that I was posting on and join me.

Fig wrote back that he simply was not interested.

Well, I didn't except that answer, and so I wrote back to him again and once again inviting him to join me in a conversation that was for once not based around Smith's teachings.

Fig responded that he was not interested in talking about non-Mormon topics.

So it seems that as dull as I think the "Mormon topic" are, Fig found all of the other topics as dull.

So....so-much for that idea of mine...LOL

Years go by...
    I get used to seeing only people talk on the "Mormon stuff".
    Every post, is always the same ****.....over and over the same people saying the same things to the same other people.....unending.

But I have come to see why this is.....its because this is called the "Walter Martin" website.
    Its in the name, as to the reason why we seem to only talk about Mormon stuff.
    For you have to understand the type of person attracted to a website named in honor of Walter Martin, and the reason they are drawn to this site by Walter' name.

Its all about the personal inner struggle that some people have.
    Its about the challenge that a man of God like Dr Walter martin has placed before certain people...a challenge that *****s at their hearts....it goads them to search for Walter's name on the web...and it channels them to visit this site......to see whom is here?......to see what is going on here?......to check out the posts over the years and see if things that have had on their minds for years are ever talked about here too?

To see if the style Walter Martin had during his ministry is also found here?
    Does Walter's flame burn here?

Thus, that is the reason why the Mormon stuff is about the only things talked about here.
    Its because the people that visit this place are in the middle of something.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 01-28-2016 at 02:47 AM.

Thanks for the responses guys.

alanmolstad

hey its no problem...

I'm glad you asked about this issue...

The lack of other topics besides on the CULTS just is always a given on a site named after the one guy in the history of the church that truly took the battle to the world of the CULTS.

This is a CULT outreach site.
    The Christians that visit this site all seem to have a special heart for outreach to the world of the CULTS...
    We take a lot of inspiration for Walter Martin...for he truly is a Saint of the Christian church.

oh, and never allow yourself to be concerned at all with the lack of posters or other topics.
    We serve and do what we can do in this ministery of outreach...its up to God to bring the increase.

We have a chance here to reach out, one-on-one with members of a CULT , in a manner that you just dont get a chance to see happen on other sites.
    The posts you make here matter.

Many times we try to score religion like its a ball game and count numbers to measure success.
    But the truth is that the founder of our faith at best converted only a handful of truly faithful members...