Thread: The Untold Story of the Death of Joseph Smith

alanmolstad

Default The Untold Story of the Death of Joseph Smith

alanmolstad

I really enjoyed the part around 7:12

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I really enjoyed the part around 7:12
    Regarding the smuggled revolver, it is extremely obvious he used it for personal protection ONLY. If he obtained it to "break out" of jail, he would have used it before the angry mob arrived. But he didn't, he didn't use it until an ILLEGAL mob of cowards stormed the jail to KILL HIM. Did you think they were extraditing him or moving him to a different jail?

These people went there with MURDER in mind, again, ILLEGALLY...would you stand there and let a bunch of people kill you without trying to defend yourself?

How do you know he wasn't trying to "escape"? He and the others attempted to keep the door closed against the surge of attackers, he was not attempting to get out, he was attempting to keep others from getting in. He didn't even use the pistol until his attackers fired first through the closed door, killing his brother. I would think watching you brother die in front of you would be just cause to want to defend yourself as you would be fully aware at this time that they were there ONLY to kill.

Self defense is not illegal in the eyes of man or God. Seriously, no matter how you paint it, any person with a lick of intelligence knows exactly why he had the revolver. This whole "he tried to shoot his way out of jail" is one of the most preposterous claims there is.

But some people keep touting it as fact. Makes me wonder, are they stupid or do they just not know anything about the incident?

But you were rooting for the murderers because you believe men can take it into their power to illegally be judge and jury of those they don't like. Which is against both mans law and God's law. How do we know this mob broke the law? Because several of the men involved were indicted for murder, some of which fled jurisdiction to avoid prosecution.

Who's the criminal?
    Last edited by MickeyS; 02-17-2016 at 05:26 PM.

You are right as usual, Mickey. The jailer was so convinced of Joseph Smith's peaceful, law-abiding intentions that he would often leave the cell UNLOCKED. If JS intended to "break out," any time before the mob arrived would have been a perfect opportunity to do it....but he didn't because he wanted there to be a legal trial with judge and jury....something the mob did NOT want...