Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: still no mormon 'authority.'

Default still no mormon 'authority.'

Joseph smith and ollie cowdery went out into the woods, played "church," ordained and baptized each other into their new religion and we Christians are supposed to believe their little game is 'from God?'

I don't think so!

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    YAWN....... Nobody really cares what you opinion is on the subject.

Except for you. You keep responding. . .

What are you talking about? Mormons have the Royal Priesthood, as you admitted in this thread.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    What are you talking about? Mormons have the Royal Priesthood, as you admitted in this thread.

I clicked over to that linked topic...

First, I have a real problem with the way EVERYONE seems to post on that topic.
    You guys got into the habit of quoting each other without really telling us who is being quoted or who is speaking.
    You guys seem to think that if you put some words in color that this helps?.......it dont!

Now....as for the suggestion that the poster known here CHRISTIAN has "admitted" something about the Mormon "Royal Priesthood"on that linked topic?......well ,show us where?

There are a lot of pages, lots of posts....so Im afraid you are going to need to point to the post number # so that you can back-up your comment about Christian admitting stuff.

What post number?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Now....as for the suggestion that the poster known here CHRISTIAN has "admitted" something about the Mormon "Royal Priesthood"on that linked topic?......well ,show us where?
    In post #2 I pointed out that if Mormons don't have the Royal Priesthood, then the subject is off-topic and should be posted in another forum.
    In post #3 "Christian" confirmed that this is the correct forum to discuss the subject, admitting that Mormons have the Royal Priesthood.

alanmolstad

In post #2 I pointed out that if Mormons don't have the Royal Priesthood, then the subject is off-topic and should be posted in another forum.
    In post #3 "Christian" confirmed that this is the correct forum to discuss the subject, admitting that Mormons have the Royal Priesthood.
    ahh....no...that's just a conclusion you want to draw...

And, truthfully...you really dont got much to support that conclusion.

But on the other hand , if you really want to know what opinion CHRISTIAN has on the topic?, just ask him.

You dont need to try to force it...
    Besides no one is going to trust your opinion if you are so clearly attempting to force that conclusion anyway...
    (And you dont want to come off looking as if doing that correct?)

So if you want to know where CHRISTIAN stands on the issue?, just ask him?

or if you are busy I can ask him?
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-09-2016 at 04:12 PM.

ahh....no...that's just a conclusion you want to draw...

And, truthfully...you really dont got much to support that conclusion.
    If you disagree, feel free to explain why my conclusion doesn't follow.

Default mormon 'authority' is from joe and ollie "playing religion"

Why do you make such COMPLETELY FALSE CLAIMS as you have made here? I have NEVER (not in THAT thread or any other) said that those who believe false gods and false christs have the Royal Priesthood of the REAL Jesus Christ.

So please CEASE with the things YOU KNOW TO BE FALSE and try telling the TRUTH for a change.

YOU KNOW the mormons have no 'authority' from God. They have only MANMADE authority from joey smith's and ollie cowdery's "lets play religion" game over only the suckers who follow their false religion. Nobody else cares about their supposed 'authority. . .' it is NOT FROM GOD. It is only from ollie and joey smith

Default They follow a fake

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    It doesn't take a scholar to see the flaw in Christian's "Royal Priesthood" debacle.

He claimed all one has to do to be part of this "Royal Priesthood" without any other criteria is to profess a belief in Christ.... Mormons profess a belief in Christ, ergo, we are part of this Royal Priesthood with all the authority that Peter had.

I'm guessing Christian didn't think it through very well...

I said NOTHING about 'professing' anything. BELIEF IN THE REAL JESUS CHRIST is not the same thing as believing in the manmade gods and goddesses of joe smith or ollie cowdery (IF ollie ever believed any of it at all).

Mormons follow a false christ and a false prophet. . .ergo you are NOT part of the Royal Priesthood of the REAL Jesus Christ.

alanmolstad

You cant say to someone, "Hey you posted on this topic, therefore you must automatically totally agree with me"and expect me not to laugh at that type of silly conclusion.....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-10-2016 at 11:20 AM.

alanmolstad

Another thing that shows a weakness in your conclusion about what CHRISTIAN believes is the way you avoid asking him directly what he believes...

alanmolstad

Mod edit

The ***le of this topic is "Still no Mormon 'authority.'"

It might mean something to you, it might mean a different thing to me...it might mean a totally different thing to another person.

So both your ideas are just so silly and juvenile .
    ( they actually make me wonder just how old a person is Im dealing with?)

If CHRISTIAN believes he has something important to offer this topic, who are we to say he has no right to do so?
    Just because we think his points of views are a bit different on the topic than our own does not mean that he cant share them.....correct?

If CHRISTIAN believes this is the correct topic to share his views on, (and you asked him about that and he clearly does) More power to him!

You should welcome him to the conversation and look forward to reading his comments.(The Golden Rule type of response)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Why do you make such COMPLETELY FALSE CLAIMS as you have made here?
    Why do you ask questions based on false premises?

I have NEVER (not in THAT thread or any other) said that those who believe false gods and false christs have the Royal Priesthood of the REAL Jesus Christ.
    Of course not! You said that Mormons have the Royal Priesthood of the REAL Jesus Christ.

YOU KNOW the mormons have no 'authority' from God.
    That is a lie.

You cant say to someone, "Hey you posted on this topic, therefore you must automatically totally agree with me"and expect me not to laugh at that type of silly conclusion.....
    Okay, but that's not what I said, is it?

Another thing that shows a weakness in your conclusion about what CHRISTIAN believes is the way you avoid asking him directly what he believes...
    If I ever care what "Christian" believes, I'll ask him.

Both ideas are silly....
    No they're not. If Mormons don't have the Royal Priesthood, then "Christian"'s boasting about his supposed authority has no place in the Mormonism forum because there is no connection to Mormonism. If you feel there is a connection, feel free to enlighten me.

alanmolstad

Okay, but that's not what I said, is it?
    Im afraid so.....
    Check post #8

this is why I think your conclusion is so laughable....and I would not be surprised that someone points out that your conclusion is clearly misrepresenting another guest's views....

No one has the right to say in effect, "Only people that agree with "position A" can post on this topic and as you posted on the topic it therefore must mean you agree with position "A"

Now so that you truly understand what Im saying, I will go over this for you:
    First I will quote you -
    "In post #2 I pointed out that if Mormons don't have the Royal Priesthood, then the subject is off-topic and should be posted in another forum.
    "

In the upper line of your quote you state that "if Mormons don't have the Royal Priesthood, then the subject is off-topic and should be posted in another forum."
    I look at that quote and ask, "Says who?"

I mean, face the facts of life guy....a check of any topic on this whole forum shows you that topics tend to go wandering all over the map...and that even a few that do stay tight to the single topic do have to allow some wiggle-room for different points of view.

Now lets look at the ***le of this topic - it says - "Still no mormon 'authority.'
    From this ***le that is given for this conversation we can expect different views on the subject of "Mormon Authority"....
    So we should expect to find some people posting comments who do support Mormon Authority, and some people that do not.

I dont believe Mormons have any real authority, or any calling from God, or any (let me quote this) , any " Royal Priesthood".

Thus I believe I am posting my anti-Royal Priesthood views here on this topic correctly.

The subject here is dealing with the idea that the Mormons don't have any authority, and Im in agreement with the ***le statement to that effect.

the truth is....when you look at the ***le of this topic, "still no mormon 'authority.'" it actually looks more like the people that disagree with that and do believe that Mormons have authority are the ones who are actually stepping outside the given ***le's topic.....

But like I said, even if felt the pro-Mormon Authority side of the question should not post on a clearly Anti-authority topic, I would not try to stop them!

AND.....and I would not try to ***ume that because Erundur posted on a clearly "Anti-mormon Authority" topic that must mean he admits the Mormons have no authority.

I would not do that, nor post that, as it would be wrong to knowingly misrepresent your views like that....
    (the Golden Rule again)

So lets not do that again...ok?

alanmolstad

No they're not. If Mormons don't have the Royal Priesthood, then "Christian"'s boasting about his supposed authority has no place in the Mormonism forum because there is no connection to Mormonism. If you feel there is a connection, feel free to enlighten me.
    A guest might have all kinds of different views on many things that might come up in a conversation about the lack of Mormon authority.

Thus we should not stand in the way of a guest feeling free to come to this topic called "still no mormon 'authority.'

and posting whatever they feel inspired to post.

We should not criticize a guest's right to post here because from the given ***le still no mormon 'authority.'and the common manner this forum does tend to have conversations evolve, we should welcome and expect all kinds a different points of view on the topic.

Therefor your conclusion that just because a person posted on this topic it has to mean they have to agree with you on it........

...........is..........

.......silly.

alanmolstad

If I ever care what "Christian" believes, I'll ask him.

well watch this then...
    Im going to ask him about the topic...

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

Mormons follow a false christ and a false prophet. . .ergo you are NOT part of the Royal Priesthood of the REAL Jesus Christ.

Christian, would you please tell us all your views on the topic here dealing with the lack of any Mormon Authority?

Feel free to build on this subject and talk about any of the things that might come up when dealing with this topic, or even ones slightly related ( or "connected") to it....

Im afraid so.....
    Check post #8
    I'm afraid not. In post #8 I reasoned:

If Mormons don't have the Royal Priesthood, then this is the wrong forum to talk about it.
    But this is not the wrong forum to talk about it.
    Therefore, Mormons have the Royal Priesthood.

I said nothing about automatically totally agreeing with me. You are misrepresenting what I said--let's not do that again...ok?

A guest might have all kinds of different views on many things that might come up in a conversation about the lack of Mormon authority.

Thus we should not stand in the way of a guest feeling free to come to this topic called "still no mormon 'authority.'

and posting whatever they feel inspired to post.
    Should we stand in the way of someone pointing out that the guest has taken inconsistent positions on the topic?

Therefor your conclusion that just because a person posted on this topic it has to mean they have to agree with you on it........
    Except I didn't conclude that, now did I?

alanmolstad

I'm afraid not. In post #8 I reasoned:

If Mormons don't have the Royal Priesthood, then this is the wrong forum to talk about it.

who says?
    Mormons dont have any Royal priesthood, and this is a great topic to talk about that on....

The topic here is what again?.......what isit?

The topic here is - [B]"still no mormon 'authority.'[/B]
    So really anything dealing with the fact that there is no type of Mormon authority is fair game here...

Thus if I decide to only talk about the lack of any type of real authority including a "royal priesthood" this is a good place to begin that conversation...

case-closed

alanmolstad

Should we stand in the way of someone pointing out that the guest has taken inconsistent positions on the topic?

?
    see post #18.....

if you want to know what Christian thinks, ask Christian what he thinks.

In the same way....
    If you want to know what I think of all the claims of Mormon authority, just ask....

alanmolstad

?
    see post #18.....

if you want to know what Christian thinks, ask Christian what he thinks.

In the same way....
    If you want to know what I think of all the claims of Mormon authority, just ask....