Thread: How Mormons talk to each other about Smith's sexual pursuit of women.

alanmolstad

Default How Mormons talk to each other about Smith's sexual pursuit of women.

I was flipping back and forth in doing reasearch and came to a website that seems to have a lot of Mormon-topic posters talking about the issue of Smith's wives and the way he went after women.

I looked at a bunch of the posts and there are two or three that stand out to me because they remind me of other people who have posted here on the Walter martin forum.

The first post I will bring up was written back by someone by the name of Lilli who wrote the following of Smith back on February 21, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I quote Lilli-
    "...We know that even Joseph must be considered innocent of polygamy until proven guilty of it, and since there is no proof of his ever preaching or practicing polygamy, only the vile hearsay by others, (usually from those who wanted to live polygamy), thus the common sense person cannot believe Joseph was guilty of polygamy. Not even a court of law could find the proof to accuse Joseph of polygamy, why would we? "

and later...

" Anyone who has known a truly righteous man or husband, knows that ‘true’ prophets could never believe in or live polygamy, let alone lie about it.

I don’t understand how Brian can just ignore such numerous constant and proven & published testimony from Joseph Smith and instead believe totally unproven hearsay, from people who usually had every reason to lie, and act like it’s a given that Joseph lived polygamy just because others said he did.

I believe in Christ and that Joseph was a true prophets who told the absolute truth.

Christ & Joseph clearly taught against a man marrying 2 living women, they said it was adultery, why would we ever believe anyone else who taught anti to Christ or Joseph
    ?
    "

When I read this I thought back to the Nice Mormon Lady (NML) who used to post on our forum here all the time.
    She would defend Smith's reputation strongly against the charge that Smith married other women, in any way,shape , or form.
    I remember so many tiopics where the NML would end up in a huge argument with Christians like Jim , and the topics would get so heated that there was always a 50/50chance the topic would be cleared away at any moment due to poor manners by everyone involved.

The Nice Mormon Lady always held the view that there was no proof at all the Smith had other women.
    The Nice Mormon Lady always said that such claims made against Smith's reputation come from anti-Mormons who are predisposed to lie to make Smith look bad.>

This all changed, when one day out of the blue I learned that the Mormon Church had changed it's tune on the topic of Smith's many wives.

Once that news got out, the poor NML seemed to have had the wind taken out of her sails around here.
    I remember she did post one or two more times later, but once people started to bring up Smith's wives she would drop out of the conversation....

Not sure what ever happened to her?....she just stopped turning up here is all I know.

quote taken from :
    http://mormonstories.org/brian-hales...iths-polygamy/
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-09-2016 at 01:07 PM.

MickeyS

Speaking of hearsay....you just posted a "quote" from an unknown source, without citing the website. Lol.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    Speaking of hearsay....you just posted a "quote" from an unknown source, without citing the website. Lol.

One moment.....
    I shall add the address.........

alanmolstad

alanmolstad

My problem sometimes with this forum's site is that you can try to post something, and for some unknown reason it never seems to go right?

I sometimes will try to post something and it never seems to update and take my post.....and that sometimes leads me to click-click a few times and that can end up posting the same comment a bunch of times that i did not mean to post more than once.

alanmolstad

hang on,,,now the darn link is not working for me......

alanmolstad

The last link I just posted above works for me right now...
    But there seems to be some issues with that website ...I noticed that you cant click on things and go anywhere as it seems all the posted links are dead-ends....??

It looks like its a Mormon site at first glance...
    But I think they need to work on their website a bit cuz its not really up and running very good.

MickeyS

Just thought it was funny

alanmolstad

Just thought it was funny
    My wife loves your hair.....

MickeyS

Oh...tell her thanks

alanmolstad

Oh...tell her thanks
    Here is the deal with hair...
    (Oh this might just be ever so slightly "off topic")

Im about 60 year old.
    I got about the same hair, and the same hair cut I had with i was in high school.....
    (yes there was that time I had a perm, but we dont talk about that here)

This is totally normal...
    Most guys my age have the very same hair cut that had in high school...most of us go to the same barber we had back then....

This is the way we are.....
    Nothing wrong about it..
    in fact, if a guy suddenly showed up on the *** site with a totally new hair cut he would be the blunt of jokes for the rest of his freaking life!

we just dont do that...we just dont change our hair.

HOWEVER....girls on the other hand?
    Its totally different.

When I see a girl I knew in high school, and she still has the very same hair style she had back in.....oh...1974?....

It's sad....
    very sad....

very, very sad....

alanmolstad

Oh...tell her thanks
    Here is the deal with hair...
    (Oh this might just be ever so slightly "off topic")

Im about 60 year old.
    I got about the same hair, and the same hair cut I had with i was in high school.....
    (yes there was that time I had a perm, but we dont talk about that here)

This is totally normal...
    Most guys my age have the very same hair cut that had in high school...most of us go to the same barber we had back then....

This is the way we are.....
    Nothing wrong about it..
    in fact, if a guy suddenly showed up on the *** site with a totally new hair cut he would be the blunt of jokes for the rest of his freaking life!

we just dont do that...we just dont change our hair.

HOWEVER....girls on the other hand?
    Its totally different.

When I see a girl I knew in high school, and she still has the very same hair style she had back in.....oh...1974?....

It's sad....
    very sad....

very, very sad....

alanmolstad

I wonder how that Nice Mormon Lady reacted the day the offical teaching of the church was announced to her, and she relized that everything she had said on this forum as she defended Smith against the charge that he slept with other women was not true?

Do Mormons just 'flip" and start teaching the new truth that easy?

Just drop all their efforts to prove "He never did it" and start saying, "So what if he did it?"