Thread: more thoughts on Joe Smith....

alanmolstad

Default more thoughts on Joe Smith....

I was reading at a website and when I got to this part I decided to post it here on the Walter martin Forum because it so clearly sums up my own views too.
    I took the following quote from -
    http://americablog.com/2014/11/the-m...-polygamy.html

"

So we are left with three possible explanations for why Joseph Smith established polygamy as a principle of the Mormon faith.

The one being offered to us by the Church (an angel made him do it).

The one suggested by the repe***ion of history (young religions — including Judaism and Islam — often adopt polygamy as part of the larger goal: sustainability and growth).

And the one suggested by the biography of the religion’s founder (Joseph Smith was a horny con man).
    "

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I was reading at a website and when I got to this part I decided to post it here on the Walter martin Forum because it so clearly sums up my own views too.
    I took the following quote from -
    http://americablog.com/2014/11/the-m...-polygamy.html

"

So we are left with three possible explanations for why Joseph Smith established polygamy as a principle of the Mormon faith.

The one being offered to us by the Church (an angel made him do it).

The one suggested by the repe***ion of history (young religions — including Judaism and Islam — often adopt polygamy as part of the larger goal: sustainability and growth).

And the one suggested by the biography of the religion’s founder (Joseph Smith was a horny con man).
    "
    None of the above Alan, God commanded it. The Angel wasn't freelancing.

It's nice you can find other friends who share your opinions. But they're still just opinions.