Thread: Why Our Family Left The Mormon Church

alanmolstad

Default Why Our Family Left The Mormon Church

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    LOL... I remember this video...
    This guy is not that bright (Biblically and Spiritually speaking) I could show you every error he makes point by point. However, there is no need... The whole problem with his new faith occurs in the first sentence of his video.
    "Our FAMILY has determined that Mormonism no longer reflects OUR beliefs."

It's the same olde I, I, I, I, I, I, I,.... testamony of almost all exMormons who are now AntiMormons.
    It all about them... There's never a mention about what the Holy Ghost revealed to them. I'm sure somewhere in there he'll end up blaming it all on God, but it will alway be after-the-fact when they are looking for justification of their sins.
    Actually he does briefly mention something about the Holy Ghost. He states that when they left the church, they had their names completely removed, so according to him by church standards, he would no longer have the gift of the Holy Ghost.

But then he says that he still feels the Holy Ghost, alluding that the Holy Ghost still guides him.

Does anyone else see the problem with this?? He's not saying he never felt the Spirit when he was a member, he still feels the SAME Spirit. He is claiming that the Holy Ghost which testified to him that the church is true, now testifies that it is not.

Since that is literally impossible, he clearly does not know what the Spirit feels like, so he is continuing a pattern of doing things simply because of what other people say. So, you are absolutely right. They have never sought out or listened to the Spirit.

The existence of God, His Son, His Plan and His Church is NEVER going to be proven by words alone. Just as science is never going to be able to definitively prove the existence of God. God would never allow that because believing in Him and following Him is about FAITH. Faith can only be proven to you by the Holy Ghost. Thats why it is absolutely necessary to build and maintain a PERSONAL testimony of the Gospel. Not to believe something simply because somebody built a strong case to "prove" it to be "true".

This family never developed a strong personal testimony. Sadly, like many Mormons, they most likely lived their lives because of what they were told was right, and because they heard these things from parents, teachers and other people they trusted, they believed these things to be true and left it at that. It's spiritual laziness, not wanting to bother finding out for themselves, it's just too much work to hone the ability to recognize the Spirit. If you're doing everything you're supposed to, it shouldn't matter, right?

When it comes to your testimony and your spiritual development, even if if you receive your information from the most trusted sources, and that info is 100% accurate, you STILL need to take it to the Lord. You STILL need to be able to seek confirmation from the Spirit so it becomes a part of you. You absolutely need to know what it means to you and how it fits in your PERSONAL spiritual journey. And you need to be able to identify the Spirit when it speaks to you.

But as far as this family is concerned, all it will take is for them to keep "researching" "truths" and eventually they may come to conclusion that God was created by man and the Bible is a work of fiction. They may become Muslim...who knows? As long as they are open to man's reasonings only, they could completely talk themselves out of their spirituality all together. Sad really, because while they never taught their daughter about identifying the Spirit and building her testimony, they have no problem taking the time to "teach" her about how to believe what you find on the Internet.

yes....sad
    Last edited by MickeyS; 02-16-2016 at 09:32 PM.