Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
.... they elevated White's (I believe her name was white) writings above scripture n.
I had a close friend back in the late 1970s and early 80s who was a member of the local 7th dayer church.
There was a real war going on inside their church in general at the time, and it got so bad at the church in our little town that the two sides started fighting over control of their building.

There was a push by many within their church to put aside the teachings of White....they recognized that she was very flawed and that it was wrong to use her words to slant the Bible as they did.

But as it worked out, the people in the church that wanted to keep White's words as being the real truth won the battle,and the other people left the churches all over this country to form different branches of 7th dayers that did not follow White.

As it happens, the local 7th dayer church in our town split up...and they had to close their school...and Im not sure who bought the church building, but I know it was to be sold...