Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
First.....there is no hint that early man was bigger than us...heck due to our diets we are growing bigger each generation....

Next, I am of the point of view that the great numbers we see listed for the age of people back in Bible days, is a simple mis-reading of how people have done counting in the past...

I believe that we will find that the reason some people are listed as livine to a great age is that an error was made in how to list different counting systems...a modern example of whjat i think is going on is if I told you that Im selling something on Ebay, and list the price in both American and in Canadian dollars....only to have someone later report my listing by adding-up the American dollars to the Canadian dollars.....and saying Im asking for something at this wild price.

I learned of this idea back when I was in Bible school and we were ***igned a study of the numbers used in the Old test, and I started to read some of the works by leading translators...

It turns out that the idea that the age numbers are a error due to wronging translated two or more different listings of how people count over the ages and how that has changed, has been widely talked about in higher Christian schools of translation...and is a topic that translators do debate.
Wouldn't you then have to question all the counting we see in the Old Testament record? Size of armies, numbers of people in various tribes, quan***ies of gold and silver and other riches, numbers of animals sacrificed on holy day's etc.?