Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 110

Thread: Suppressed Evidence of Dinosaurs living among men represented through art :

  1. #26
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    with me still?

    If there is anything I have posted that you want me to provide you with support from the text?...just let me know.

    ,I will be more than happy to go over anything I have written.




    What I have attempted to do is point out to you is that there is a difference in how our bodies of flesh got here...and with our being made in the image of God.
    They are two totally different things.

    The flesh of man is not made in the image of God...
    (That is yet another way i disagree with the Mormons )

  2. #27
    MickeyS
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    I wish more people would chime in and share their thoughts even if they disagree.
    These are very interesting finds Jude, I'm not a scientist and haven't studied these things to great lengths, but these are my thoughts.

    I believe the "days" mentioned in Genesis are creative time periods. We have no way of knowing how long each period really was, nor can we ***ume each period was the same duration of time. I believe science is important, but it evolves with man's understanding of the world around him, and with the resources and technology available. So no "facts" are set in stone IMO. New breakthroughs in science cause us to adjust previous hypotheses, and new discoveries (like what you have presented here) cause us to rethink a lot more. In short I don't think we have any way of knowing for sure how old the earth really is.

    I think the "no death" before the Fall is also interesting, but I have to agree with Alan that the Fall only affected man and not animals. If the Fall had affected animal life, that would mean they were also subject to the same terms, which would imply that animals would experience a spiritual death as well as a physical, meaning they sin. Since animals are in fact sinless, this doesn't work. Plus, we were the only beings made in His image. So I believe death in the natural world was possible before Adam & Eve in the Garden.

    That being said....I do not nor ever will believe we evolved from apes. Once again, we were made in His image....whatever you take "image" to mean, it does not include anything other than man. I don't believe in evolution as much as I believe in a form of evolving adaptation in the animal kingdom. Animals have always adapted to new environments and conditions, that's been recorded throughout the history of man. Dinosaurs are definitely interesting, my mom told me something she theorized once that I will not be sharing here lol.

    But finally, I believe that man will never be able to gain complete scientific PROOF of the existence of God. I believe one of the purposes for us coming to earth was to come to Him and believe in Him through faith. It's part of His plan for us. I think science is fantastic (God was the Original Scientist) and it can be used to complement our faith in God and all His creations. I just know that a man without faith would never be able to simply prove God does in fact exist. That would frustrate the Master's Plan.

    Of course there are many things that escape my understanding, and places where science and faith don't appear to come together at all. Thats when I fall back on faith in Him and trust His understanding, and not mans, and look to the day when these things will in fact be revealed and explained to us. So in the end, I don't sweat those things too much.
    Anyway, those are my thoughts.

  3. #28
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Again if anything I have posted looks questionable just ask me for a verse..

  4. #29
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Thanks for the responses everyone.

  5. #30
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    so what this means is that its totally fine to believe that humans evolved.
    That the Text of the bible is written in such a way as to work with Evolution.
    That while the Bible does not "teach" evolution, it does not teach against it...


    thus there is no need for the Christian to be afraid that evolution is against God's plan...

    In fact, what we can decided from reading both Genesis and from learning about the world from science, is that evolution is a "tool" of the Lord's hand....
    and thus evolution is to be respected .

    and considered as holy as sunshine, rain, and the all the things that God has made in this universe...
    I think you would have an argument with Jesus Alan, here is what He said in Matthew 19:4-5," And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? Jesus said God created man and woman at the beginning, male and female fully human from the start. No long procession of sub human creatures dying until Adam finally showed up. What about the hominoid right before Adam that died, the one that was almost fully human do you consider that the death of an animal? It is not totally fine to believe in evolution, it is a tool of the devil not of God.

  6. #31
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    I think you would have an argument with Jesus Alan, here is what He said in Matthew 19:4-5," And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? Jesus said God created man and woman at the beginning, male and female fully human from the start. No long procession of sub human creatures dying until Adam finally showed up. What about the hominoid right before Adam that died, the one that was almost fully human do you consider that the death of an animal? It is not totally fine to believe in evolution, it is a tool of the devil not of God.
    Jesus was talking about marriage.... Jesus was teaching about marriage and divorce.
    But Jesus is also correct in the humans were created from the beginning as males and females...The sexual differences between males and females goes back into evolution's history millions if not billions of years....so i have no problem with that.

    But as for the death that happened for untold billions of years before the sin of Adam?...what of it?...
    Lets look at the story of Genesis to find our answer-,
    Where is mankind taken from?......the answer is that God took the man from where he was created first,(outside the garden) and he brought the man into the protected garden.

    Was life like for the humans inside the garden the same as what life was like to humans outside the garden?....The answer is, we dont know how to answer that question.
    But what we can know for sure is the the term "garden" teaches us that there is a very real difference between how things were inside the garden,compared to how things were outside it.

    We know this because the very term "garden" teaches us this....




    Now the reason the Young Earth Teachers go off the rails and dont know how to understand Earth's history is that they don't know the Bible.
    The Young Earth teachers dont understand how God could make "light" first without making a star like our sun to be the source for that light yet?????

    They don't understand how there could be any light when the bible says that god did not make the sun until the 4th day?
    What is the answer?.....The answer is that God made stars like our sun first!

    What about the 4th day, does not the Bible say that God made the sun on the 4th day?......The answer is that the Bible does not actually say that God made the "sun"on the 4th day at all !



    So what does the Bible teach as to the creation of stars like our sun?.....The answer is that God created stars like our sun first as it is written "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth..."


    So the use of the term "Heavens"in Gen 1:1is talking about our sun being created first?......The answer is that the term "Heavens" can be talking about all the things in space,,,not only stars like our own Sun, but also all the other things like other worlds and black holes and things that we dont even have names for yet and are as yet unknown!


    So the Bible is in agreement with the order of things in outer-space?......The answer is YES!


    So the "light" that is created at the beginning of the Genesis story was just the resultof the stars that God made like our own sun at Genesis 1:1?......The answer is YES!


    So there is no need to invent the concept of a "sourceless light' just to answer the question "Where did the light come from?"......the answer is that God made the stars like our own sun forst, and from that moment we have a very normal source for all the light talked about in the rest of the Genesis story.



    But is the "light" that is talked about in the verse that says "Let there be light" from the very same source as the light talked about on the 4th day?.......The answer is that the light is all the same light, the Light at the start of the Genesis story is from the sun just as all the light talked about on the 4th day is all from the same sun, all the light talked about in Genesis is from stars like our own sun.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-15-2016 at 06:56 AM.

  7. #32
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Jesus was talking about marriage.... Jesus was teaching about marriage and divorce.
    But Jesus is also correct in the humans were created from the beginning as males and females...The sexual differences between males and females goes back into evolution's history millions if not billions of years....so i have no problem with that.

    But as for the death that happened for untold billions of years before the sin of Adam?...what of it?...
    Lets look at the story of Genesis to find our answer-,
    Where is mankind taken from?......the answer is that God took the man from where he was created first,(outside the garden) and he brought the man into the protected garden.

    Was life like for the humans inside the garden the same as what life was like to humans outside the garden?....The answer is, we dont know how to answer that question.
    But what we can know for sure is the the term "garden" teaches us that there is a very real difference between how things were inside the garden,compared to how things were outside it.

    We know this because the very term "garden" teaches us this....




    Now the reason the Young Earth Teachers go off the rails and dont know how to understand Earth's history is that they don't know the Bible.
    The Young Earth teachers dont understand how God could make "light" first without making a star like our sun to be the source for that light yet?????

    They don't understand how there could be any light when the bible says that god did not make the sun until the 4th day?
    What is the answer?.....The answer is that God made stars like our sun first!

    What about the 4th day, does not the Bible say that God made the sun on the 4th day?......The answer is that the Bible does not actually say that God made the "sun"on the 4th day at all !



    So what does the Bible teach as to the creation of stars like our sun?.....The answer is that God created stars like our sun first as it is written "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth..."


    So the use of the term "Heavens"in Gen 1:1is talking about our sun being created first?......The answer is that the term "Heavens" can be talking about all the things in space,,,not only stars like our own Sun, but also all the other things like other worlds and black holes and things that we dont even have names for yet and are as yet unknown!


    So the Bible is in agreement with the order of things in outer-space?......The answer is YES!


    So the "light" that is created at the beginning of the Genesis story was just the resultof the stars that God made like our own sun at Genesis 1:1?......The answer is YES!


    So there is no need to invent the concept of a "sourceless light' just to answer the question "Where did the light come from?"......the answer is that God made the stars like our own sun forst, and from that moment we have a very normal source for all the light talked about in the rest of the Genesis story.



    But is the "light" that is talked about in the verse that says "Let there be light" from the very same source as the light talked about on the 4th day?.......The answer is that the light is all the same light, the Light at the start of the Genesis story is from the sun just as all the light talked about on the 4th day is all from the same sun, all the light talked about in Genesis is from stars like our own sun.
    Sorry Alan, evolution is a theory that has not and cannot be proven and to say it can be put along side scripture is incorrect. Let God be true and every man a liar.

  8. #33
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Sorry Alan, evolution is a theory that has not and cannot be proven and to say it can be put along side scripture is incorrect. Let God be true and every man a liar.
    again.....if you have any questions about something I have posted on this topic, or would like me to backup something I have said with a bible verse?...just ask.

    I believe all the points I have raised are taken right out of the Bible's text and can be proved.

    Im also going to be posting a lot more on this topic today as i dig deeper into the errors of the Young Earth Teachers and comparing them to what the bible teaches.

    feel free at any time to stop me and ask "Where is that in the Bible?"should you see something posted you call into question...

  9. #34
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    I believe the "days" mentioned in Genesis are creative time periods. We have no way of knowing how long each period really was, nor can we ***ume each period was the same duration of time.
    .
    Today I plan to deal with the issue of the "Days" of the Genesis story....and you will see that you are correct, there is no real way to know the length of time each day is talking about....

  10. #35
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Today I plan to deal with the issue of the "Days" of the Genesis story....and you will see that you are correct, there is no real way to know the length of time each day is talking about....


    Can I ask you a favor ? Can you please start a new thread in the Creationism/Evolutionism section ? The reason I ask is because this particular thread is about Archaeology and dinosaurs in Anceint Art. The thread is kind of getting derailed a little bit.

  11. #36
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Sounds good

  12. #37
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Sounds good


    Thanks Alan.

  13. #38
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    .....and thats how you kill a topic kids.....

  14. #39
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default


  15. #40

  16. #41

  17. #42

  18. #43

  19. #44
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Now I attended a 8-week ORIGINS cl*** back in the 1990s as taught personally by Mr Ken Ham, and at that time he was clearly dropping the reference in his cl*** to any arguments based on finding human and Dino footprints.

    I believe this is because it was known even back then to Creationist teachers at that time that the so-called "proof" was suspected to be a total hoax.

    As far as I know, modern YEC textbooks have dropped most if not all references to this hoax.

    There may be some older YEC videos still being p***ed around, as well as there might be new YEC websites that are still using the same stock footage by the guys who promoted this hoax, but thankfully most YEC textbooks and websites that are updated do not make any listing of this hoax.

    I actually remember when this argument first came forth and I think it was a Christian mag called CHRISTIANITY TODAY that sent a editor down who also happens to be a hunter to have a look what was going on?

    What he later wrote about finding was a Bible Sunday school cl*** doing the work on the tracks!
    What the students told the writer is that they were instructed by their Bible teacher to remove any stone with picks that did not look like a human footprint.

    The students were observed placing their own feet into the tracks, and then feeling what stone they should chip away to end up with a more human-looking print.


    So in the end, the Writer decided that the whole idea is a hoax.

    as far as I can tell, they have now been able to actually name the type Dino that made the tracks that later were misidentified as human....

  20. #45
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Alan, all four links you provided are from liberal, Godless, publications and with immoral advertisements. Do these sources
    walk hand in hand with scriptures? Why would you use such sources unless you agree with them?

  21. #46
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    step one....if you cant stand the news...blame the messenger....

  22. #47
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Now I dont really find a lot of blame against the YEC believers I run into on the web for getting sucked-in by the old fake YEC story about the "found footprints"....However I do find fault in these people not bothering to listen to the evidence when it is later shown to be a complete fake story.

    con-men like the Mormon Smith, as well as others in history have one thing in common with each other. That thing is that all con-men understand that if you tell a person what they wanted to hear, you dont have to have all that much proof behind what you are saying.

    The people back in the 60s and 70 that had books they were selling that were about UFOs and Bigfoot, sold them to people that "wanted to believe"....so they did not have to have all that great of proof to yet be believed by the people that really wanted to believe.

    Its the same with the Dino/human footprint story.
    The story was a hoax told to the church by men who understand that they did not have to have a lot of proof to yet be totally believed by some people, because some people really wanted to believe no matter what!



    thats why this story spread in the 1970sand got so much attention.
    People wanted to believe.

    and if you want to believe that much, then it dont really matter how fake the proof is, you will believe it no matter what.

  23. #48
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Alan you are sinning by pushing the demonic lie of Macroevolution.

  24. #49
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    step one....if you cant stand the news...blame the messenger....
    Hi Alan,

    My last comment has nothing to do with whether the stories are true or false, people can believe whatever they want.
    I'm saying sources like you linked to shine a bad light on you. I tell you because of the love we should have for one another.

  25. #50
    Senior Member jude1:3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    481

    Default

    This Thread is Not about YEC . It Is About Suppressed Evidence of Dinosaurs living among men.

    Please post YEC/Evolution responses in the Creationism vs Evolution section. Please.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •