Hardness and Kindness, or Rod and Pearl. When and where to use these? Should it always be a method of kindness alone? Or how about our rod of love? Which of these two is it that might bring about God’s will? Is the acid test for all things Christian based upon how well I can receive it, or how well it stands up under God’s word?

For some time on this site there have been attempts to convince the reader of what it is to correctly maintain a Christian forum. Allow me if you will to take another look and see if it is truly God’s will that we never engage in the implications of a person’s character.

“For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.” (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

I have said for some years now since the word is fairly contextual in the treatment of others, we really do need the insight of His guiding Spirit for things that come along in life. As for this forum, I have a hunch there is at work here a refusal to identify evil as though it were evil in itself to do so, such as one who introduces heresy being a deceiver.

For the Church there remains two options; on the one hand we have instruction for those who don’t know how to control sin:

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.” (Matt 7:6)

Then, still again if pearl-possible for those caught in sin:

“Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a mul***ude of sins.” (I Pet 4:8)

We are given instruction of Hardness singular, delivered by the Spirit:

“And He, when He comes, will convict the world” (John 16:8)

We are given instruction of Hardness plural, delivered by the Spirit:

“But if an unbeliever or an inquirer comes in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all, the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you.” (1 Corinthians 14:24)

Who are truly the enemies of a Christian environment? In the treatment of others, we are told to maintain a persistent posture. But I think it is appropriate to correct this along the way:

1.“I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,” (Matthew 5:44)

2.“But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, ,” (Luke 6:27)

3.“Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." (Romans 13:10)

4."Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Galatians 5:14, James 2:8)

If he, your enemy is in need:

5. “On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." (Romans 12:20)

Now the word addresses all instances for friend and enemy alike:

6. "In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 7:12)

No matter where your ministry is, it should at times stand its ground

7. “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good” (Romans 6:21)

8. “, , rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise you.” (***us 2:15)

9. “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men” (***us 2:11)

10. “Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men” (Romans 14:8)

Some may not see this so much of a concern, but I think I have in the past mistakenly applied number 5 throughout all encounters whom differ with me, which I believe to actually work against number 6 after a point. Everything previously mentioned is our target till that which ***ails negatively against 1-thru-5, sometimes rendering our efforts to foolishness.

Do you agree or disagree? Why?

Mike.