Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mormons, Why Do You Believe Such Junk?

Default Mormons, Why Do You Believe Such Junk?

If you are thinking of becoming a Mormon, being approached by a Mormon neighbor to have a "missionary lesson," or have a kid dating a Mormon - get out of that situation as soon as possible. These are some of the more ludicrous things Mormons believe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJjv...TJRmk80Q7kEZmA
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Notice, folks, how the Mormons are unable to address the ludicrous belief system they embrace!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

MickeyS

Nobody watches these videos lol

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    If you are thinking of becoming a Mormon, being approached by a Mormon neighbor to have a "missionary lesson," or have a kid dating a Mormon - get out of that situation as soon as possible. These are some of the more ludicrous things Mormons believe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJjv...TJRmk80Q7kEZmA
    Thanks for posting the video....lot of good information there.

It is just amazing how many views the linked videos we have been posting additional links to here have gotten over the years...I know one I linked to have over 470,000 views!
    But seriously,the numbers don't really mean that much in the plan of God....
    For even if only one person found the link to a video and watched it and came away with new and better understanding of the world of the CULTs its worth the time for us to post the link here.

But still, it is nice to know a few people are viewing the information all the time...

If you want to know what Mormons believe, the best place to go is to a Mormon. There is no reason to be afraid of Mormons. Actually, there is no reason to be afraid of any church. Once we understand that God does love us and he does hear and answer our prayers, we can always turn to him for any question. He is there for us. He wants us to be happy. He wants us to have joy. There is no reason to belittle another's belief. Pure love casteth out all fear.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    If you want to know what Mormons believe, the best place to go is to a Mormon. There is no reason to be afraid of Mormons. Actually, there is no reason to be afraid of any church. Once we understand that God does love us and he does hear and answer our prayers, we can always turn to him for any question. He is there for us. He wants us to be happy. He wants us to have joy. There is no reason to belittle another's belief. Pure love casteth out all fear.
    and pure hate results in the creation of threads like this one

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    But of course a BETTER Place to go is to the official (and supposedly 'authoritative' WRITINGS such as the pgp book of abraham and other junk writings by joe smith.

NOBODY is 'afraid of' mormons. We CHRISTIANS (mormons are cultists, not Christians) go to the BIBLE, the WORD OF GOD, not to joe smith's writings for Truth. Why not go to God's very Own Word?

When the beliefs and teachings of others contradict God and send people to Hell for following false prophets, false christs, and false gods, Jesus attacked those false beliefs, as did Paul and all of the other Apostles.

The REAL God, the God of the BIBLE loves us MUCH MORE than your false gods and their goddess wives do.

John T

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    and pure hate results in the creation of threads like this one
    Since when is telling the truth "hate"?
    Only when someone fails to warn drivers that there is black ice on the top of the hill ahead, can it be called "hatred". I can say that because I once did a 360 on black ice on a bridge, and THAT was scary.

Some Mormons are blithelu oblivious to the fact of black ice because they are wearing their precious garments. those garments will not prevent the tires from loosing traction, and you are on a 3000 pound toboggan going 30 MPH traveling sideways.

It is the one who gets out of his car and flags others down to slow, who is the most loving.

John T

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    Nobody watches these videos lol
    3081 viewers prove your error

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    But of course a BETTER Place to go is to the official (and supposedly 'authoritative' WRITINGS such as the pgp book of abraham and other junk writings by joe smith.

NOBODY is 'afraid of' mormons. We CHRISTIANS (mormons are cultists, not Christians) go to the BIBLE, the WORD OF GOD, not to joe smith's writings for Truth. Why not go to God's very Own Word?

When the beliefs and teachings of others contradict God and send people to Hell for following false prophets, false christs, and false gods, Jesus attacked those false beliefs, as did Paul and all of the other Apostles.

The REAL God, the God of the BIBLE loves us MUCH MORE than your false gods and their goddess wives do.
    I go to scriptures (Bible included) and they teach me:

Matthew 7:1-5

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

and:

Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

John 13:34-35

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

(Please do not try to tell me that you are trying to show me love. Not when you so callously speak to me.)
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

Test all things, hold fast to what it true.

and how do we test things?
    We test them the same way they put the words of Paul to a test...

We test them by opening our Bible and reading the Scripture to see if what is being said is true?

alanmolstad

We test them by opening our Bible and reading the Scripture to see if what is being said is true?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post

I do test all things. I do read scriptures. I test them by reading scriptures AND by praying. I listen for the Holy Ghost to bear witness to me of truth. Then I live that truth and experience the fruits.

alanmolstad

his promise is that if we search for him, we will find him.

MickeyS

And as I've already revealed in another thread....how many different interpretations and commentary is available out there to "test" the truth of the Bible? You yourself admit to not agreeing with a lot of what Christian commentators say about precious truths yet they're reading the SAME BIBLE you are.

How do you know who's right?? Are you stating YOU'RE right, and THEY'RE wrong? Actually, you have. But how do you KNOW that you're right? They opened their Bible and read the scripture too, they're non-Mormon Christians....but yet there are many differing views on one little chapter from the very beginning that literally paved the way for the definition of man's nature AND God's very Plan. Kind of important, don't you think?

All because of MEN's interpretation of what's said, and MEN's ***umptions as to what's NOT said.

I read scripture, I read commentary.... THEN, If I have questions about GOD's Word....I go to the source. Why wouldn't I??

MickeyS

his promise is that if we search for him, we will find him.
    EXACTLY

What better way to seek Him out then by keeping a personal relationship with Him??

How do you not pray??

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    EXACTLY

What better way to seek Him out then by keeping a personal relationship with Him??

How do you not pray??
    oh you and I can pray for stuff all we want...

But in the end, the results of all our searching have to be in full agreement with the Scriptures.

this is why when Paul came to a church and taught his message, the good people would put Paul's teaching to the testof Scripture.

Now I would guess many people had prayer too while they opened their Bibles and read,as Im sue what they were reading in their Bible was a challenge to how things were being taught by people that did not know what they were teaching...

But the final judge of Paul's teaching came when people opened up their bible and read what it said to see if what Paul was saying was in full agreement with god's word?

Had the people seen Paul's teachings were different?..then they would have been very correct to reject pauls teachings.

But because Paul's teachings were in agreement with the Word of god that they already had, it was believed.

alanmolstad

is it ever wrong to pray?....

the answer is, that it depends on the situation...the context.

its like....if your 6 year old child is seen out in the backyard with some of his friends,and suddenly you see that they have a box of matches?.....is that a moment you should say to yourself..."Rather than jumping to conclusions, perhaps I should first go into my prayer room and pray about matters?"

in such a situation, spending some quality alone time in prayer with your Lord, is about the LAST THING you should be doing....

Another situation:
    You are a married wife of a great husband,but one day you are at work and suddenly see a new man that just hired and he is really looking good to your eyes....but you know it would be wrong to have a relationship with him,,,yet you feel this new man might be your 'soul mate".....should you pray about cheating on your husband and allow your feelings of what God wants you to do be the final judge?

The problem is the feelings come and go....

You can be totally convinced of something in your heart...that your feelings are telling you clearly what god's will is for your life...and be totally off the wall in error.

feelings are....feelings...
    They are not based on anything but themselves....or what you had for lunch earlier.

but the thing that is not subject to the ever-changing results we get from our feelings is the word of god.

the word stays constant.

That is why when someone prays for an answer to some question, the answer they feel they get from their Lord, has to agree with the Scriptures, or it should be rejected.

So....if a person wants to join a new religion...and they pray and pray about it, it really dont mean squat if the answers they get after their many prayers are at odds with the Scriptures.

if the religion you are praying about is at odds with the Bible?....then your prayers and the answers you believe you receive dont mean squat.

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Since when is telling the truth "hate"?
    Since when is telling untruths about people you hate, love?
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    3081 viewers prove your error
    How do you get 3081 out of 143?? And the 143 only resulted because there are comments being made, it does not at all mean anyone has actually watched the video. Then look at the threads that only have video and no comments, they gross maybe a dozen or so (and again this does not prove anyone's actually watching the video)...so no, I don't believe anyone here is watching these videos, hence nobody is responding to Apologette's baiting.

MickeyS

its like....if your 6 year old child is seen out in the backyard with some of his friends,and suddenly you see that they have a box of matches?.....is that a moment you should say to yourself..."Rather than jumping to conclusions, perhaps I should first go into my prayer room and pray about matters?"

in such a situation, spending some quality alone time in prayer with your Lord, is about the LAST THING you should be doing....

Another situation:
    You are a married wife of a great husband,but one day you are at work and suddenly see a new man that just hired and he is really looking good to your eyes....but you know it would be wrong to have a relationship with him,,,yet you feel this new man might be your 'soul mate".....should you pray about cheating on your husband and allow your feelings of what God wants you to do be the final judge?

The problem is the feelings come and go....

You can be totally convinced of something in your heart...that your feelings are telling you clearly what god's will is for your life...and be totally off the wall in error.

feelings are....feelings...
    They are not based on anything but themselves....or what you had for lunch earlier.

but the thing that is not subject to the ever-changing results we get from our feelings is the word of god.

the word stays constant.

That is why when someone prays for an answer to some question, the answer they feel they get from their Lord, has to agree with the Scriptures, or it should be rejected.

So....if a person wants to join a new religion...and they pray and pray about it, it really dont mean squat if the answers they get after their many prayers are at odds with the Scriptures.

if the religion you are praying about is at odds with the Bible?....then your prayers and the answers you believe you receive dont mean squat.
    First of all - It is never WRONG to pray. Will you have your prayers answered if they are for selfish prideful or lazy reasons....no. But to say it's sometimes WRONG to talk to your Father is a dangerous teaching. Only one being wants you to not talk to Him, and it's NOT God, Christ OR the Holy Ghost.

Second of all - nobody said or even implied you should simply pray for answers to everything. Of course you should use your brain and knowledge to work things out before taking it to Him in prayer.

Third - again - who's translation of Gods Word is the truth? We discussed before in Genesis alone that you don't agree with what most all other Christian commentary says about the events that transpired in The Garden. Including what you yourself learned in Bible school. Are you then the final word on what really happened? How do you know that?? With so many different commentary from other Christians alone, it's quite obvious the Bible is not completely cut and dry or there would never be any question in anything. Why would you even need to go to Bible school to understand anything? What is the point of that if simply reading the words gives you all the information you need?

God wants us to build faith in Him AND He wants us to build a relationship WITH Him. God doesn't want us to just read words on a page to get to know Him and then not talk to Him about it. God also doesn't want us to rely completely on our own understanding of something.

Honestly....why should anyone simply believe the Bible at strictly at face value? It is the Word of God, BUT was written by MAN. You personally did not witness God, Jesus OR even Paul say any of these words, yet you are relying completely upon somebodyelse's transcription of these words. Why?? Because someone else told you to? It must be, because you don't take it to God in prayer so HE didn't tell you it was right. Yes, feelings are feelings and you believe words on a page from your personal feelings about what another person told you. When you are not believing your OWN personal feelings about it.

So you claim you rely solely on another MAN's transcription of God's Word handed down for thousands of years by other MEN. How do you know there are absolutely NO errors in man's translations of the Bible through all these years? If you did not ask God, you DON'T know. These words were not WRITTEN by God Himself.

You cannot have the things you learn about God confirmed to you BY HIM if you do not talk to Him. Period

You have to talk to Him.

alanmolstad

Bible not the word of God eh?...

Suddenly just how far off the rails the Mormons are becomes very clear..

MickeyS

Bible not the word of God eh?...

Suddenly just how far off the rails the Mormons are becomes very clear..
    When did I say the Bible WASN'T the Word of God??

I can't think of a single reason why one should ever not pray. If the answer is in the scriptures, God will point that out as an answer to prayer.

alanmolstad

There comes a time when I have to admit "they are too far gone".
    I am not interested in any future conversations with anyone who holds so poor a view of God's Word.

Talk to someone else from now on ok?
    I just don't have any desire to deal with such people.