Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mormons, Why Do You Believe Such Junk?

teenapenny

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    some antimormons seem to have made anti Mormonism the center of their lives. They might even spend more minutes per day on antimormon sites, demonizing Mormons, then they spend reading their bibles.

That seems pretty sad.

one way to ascertain your priorities is to see how many weeks you can go without attacking the Mormons.
    You ought to try that.

5 weeks maybe?
    Only 2 weeks?
    Less than one week?
    I do not see anyone attacking Mormons. I only see them trying to show that what the Mormons believe is not the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by teenapenny View Post
    I do not see anyone attacking Mormons, they are only trying to show them that what they believe is not the truth.
    Yes, I once had a person tell me that they don't believe in poverty. It was so much easier to just not believe in the suffering of others. Prejudice can do that to people.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by teenapenny View Post
    I do not see anyone attacking Mormons, they are only trying to show them that what they believe is not the truth.

well said....

John T

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    I see no reason to take God out of the equation. I did not see you mention going directly to him. As my signature promotes, it is the Spirit that opens are eyes to be able to understand what we read. It is the Spirit that testifies of truth.

There is one very good reason for taking god out of the picture, Julie:
    Mormo-god is not the God of the Bible, and PLEASE do not play me for a fool. We both know that the god as made clear in D&C is not the same God as revealed in Scriptures alone. the gods of Mormonism are a polytheistic pantheon, and there is only God of the Bible.

Therefore, going to Mormo-god will not get the same results as the God of the Bible.

some antimormons seem to have made anti Mormonism the center of their lives. They might even spend more minutes per day on antimormon sites, demonizing Mormons, then they spend reading their bibles.

That seems pretty sad.

one way to ascertain your priorities is to see how many weeks you can go without attacking the Mormons.
    You ought to try that.

5 weeks maybe?
    Only 2 weeks?
    Less than one week?

Do YOU THINK Paul would have gone 2 weeks without attacking the false doctrines of the pharisees and sadducees?

Sorry, but your request is off-base and anti-Biblical, just like the rest of mormonism.

1 Peter 3:13-17
    13 And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. "And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled." 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. 17 For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
    NKJV

I cannot stop mormons who do evil, but I CAN give a defense for the TRUE Gospel of Christ to those (like you) who follow FALSE christs and FALSE prophets as you do.

I will obey SCRIPTURE rather than to play YOUR little 'go without attacking the mormons' nonsense. Besides, it is not the mormons I attack; it is the FALSE DOCTRINES THEIR FALSE RELIGION TEACHES that I attack. Exposing FALSE RELIGION is part of what we CHRISTIANS do, just as Jesus, Paul, and the rest did.

julie posted:

Originally Posted by Christian [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]
    But of course a BETTER Place to go is to the official (and supposedly 'authoritative' WRITINGS such as the pgp book of abraham and other junk writings by joe smith.

NOBODY is 'afraid of' mormons. We CHRISTIANS (mormons are cultists, not Christians) go to the BIBLE, the WORD OF GOD, not to joe smith's writings for Truth. Why not go to God's very Own Word?

When the beliefs and teachings of others contradict God and send people to Hell for following false prophets, false christs, and false gods, Jesus attacked those false beliefs, as did Paul and all of the other Apostles.

The REAL God, the God of the BIBLE

I go to scriptures (Bible included) and they teach me:

Matthew 7:1-5

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Mormons should practice what they preach. I judge by the WORD OF GOD, the BIBLE, knowing that I WILL BE JUDGED BY THE SAME MEASURE, and I am happy with that.

IF you can find anything I believe that is NOT SCRIPTURAL (according to the BIBLE, not according to joe smith's made-up junk), SHOW ME. If I am out of step with the Bible, I will change. WOULD YOU AGREE TO DO THAT?

and:

Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

I have MANY dear mormon friends whom I love. They are not my enemies (do you consider YOURSELF to be my enemy? I don't), their FALSE BELIEFS are my enemies.

John 13:34-35

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

I love you as my NEIGHBOR, not as a sister in your fake 'spirit-brother-of-satan' 'christ.' I follow the BIBLICAL Jesus Christ instead.

(Please do not try to tell me that you are trying to show me love. Not when you so callously speak to me.)

​Pot, kettle. No need for any response.

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    There is one very good reason for taking god out of the picture, Julie:
    Mormo-god is not the God of the Bible, and PLEASE do not play me for a fool. We both know that the god as made clear in D&C is not the same God as revealed in Scriptures alone. the gods of Mormonism are a polytheistic pantheon, and there is only God of the Bible.

Therefore, going to Mormo-god will not get the same results as the God of the Bible.
    So, what are you saying? That when I pray, God does not hear my prayers? Do you believe that this "Mormon-god", as you call it, is so powerful that you believe it can shut the mouth of God? Do you believe that when I pray, God will not hear and answer me? Are you saying that you think this "Mormon-god" is more powerful than the God of the Bible? (Which I believe is the God I pray to, but as you don't--how exactly do you reconcile your comments?)
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

I love you as my NEIGHBOR, not as a sister in your fake 'spirit-brother-of-satan' 'christ.' I follow the BIBLICAL Jesus Christ instead.
    .[/COLOR]
    Hmmm, this reminds me of the Pharisees asking Christ "who is my neighbor." Surprised that you would bring up something so similar.

alanmolstad

So, what are you saying? That when I pray, God does not hear my prayers? ....
    I cant speak for John, but in my own opinion, you are correct here, in that your god does not hear any of your prayers.

It does not matter how religious you are...
    It does not matter how deeply you pray.
    It does not matter you use all the right words in your prayers.

It does not matter because the god you pray to is just a false idea that a guy named Smith came up with on his own as a means to get in the beds of younger girls as well as into the coin purse of the girl's fathers or husbands..

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I cant speak for John, but in my own opinion, you are correct here, in that your god does not hear any of your prayers.

It does not matter how religious you are...
    It does not matter how deeply you pray.
    It does not matter you use all the right words in your prayers.

It does not matter because the god you pray to is just a false idea that a guy named Smith came up with on his own as a means to get in the beds of younger girls as well as into the coin purse of the girl's fathers or husbands..
    Okay, so what you believe is that when I pray to my Heavenly Father and do so in the name of Jesus Christ having faith that the Holy Spirit will answer, that God does not hear any of my prayers because I prayed and received confirmation that Joseph Smith is a prophet, that the Book of Mormon is true, and that He expects me to follow Jesus Christ?

So, basically---you believe God will ignore me even if I am religious, pray deeply and "use all the right words" because of something you believe about Joseph Smith?

This reminds me of the Christ saying, "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:11.
    Last edited by BigJulie; 04-23-2016 at 09:51 PM.

alanmolstad

Okay, so what you believe is.....
    I often wonder why people do this...

"Do what?" you may ask,

It seems that no matter how clear I make my posted comments-
    that regardless of how I carefully pick each of the words that I use to totally sum up my views-
    so that when anyone reads my words that can get a very clear understanding of what Im saying-
    that regardless of all this effort to make sure nothing I say on this forum leaves anyone in doubt as to what Im talking about-

YET....yet for some reason the very first thing the other person will ALWAYS seem to do is to start their next posted comment with the words- "so what you believe is....."

alanmolstad

that God does not hear any of my prayers because I prayed and received confirmation that Joseph Smith is a .......
    Oh I dont care if you heard Peter,Paul and Marry singing "Jeremiah was a bullfrog".....your personal confirmations are a moot point.

The Mormon god is an invention of a man that was just making up all kinds of stuff to seduce women and young girls,as well as talk their husbands or fathers into slipping him cash.

So you can pray all you want, your prayers are a moot ,

You can receive all the confirmations you want, your gut feelings are moot.

And it really does not matter that you believe and trust your god and try to do your best to worship him according to your traditions, for Im sure that was also very true for the guys talked about at 1 Kings 18:28

The prayers are unheard.
    No matter how hard to believe in your god and no matter how hard your trust your confirmations, its yet just pointless and sad.

alanmolstad

Let me know if you still have any doubt as to what Im saying.....

(Im not sure how more clear I can make my words, but I can try I guess)

Let me know if you still have any doubt as to what Im saying.....

(Im not sure how more clear I can make my words, but I can try I guess)
    Okay, since you seem to get offended by my saying "what you believe is", let me be clear on how I hear your words.

You believe you know my heart, my communications with God AND what he has answered or whether or not he did answer. You know what is right and what is wrong. You know exactly what God means when His prophets writes His words in the scriptures and for that reason, my prayers mean nothing. They are moot.

In short, I should listen to you and not turn to prayer for understanding. You know more. God's ability to teach me is less than you ability to teach me.

In other words, you are the god I should listen to.

Thank you, but no thank you. I let you work out Genesis first.

alanmolstad

You believe you know my heart,

my communications with God

AND what he has answered or whether or not he did answer.

You know what is right and what is wrong.

You know exactly what God means when His prophets writes His words in the scriptures and for that reason,

my prayers mean nothing. They are moot.

)
    Correct.

All..ALL ALL...and I mean all, your prayers to this false god that a known sexual predator dreamed up in order for him to have access to younger girls, are a moot point.

any "feelings" that you interpreted as a "confirmation" are a moot point.

Any of the reasons you can come up with for remaining within the Mormon church are a moot point.

Correct.

All..ALL ALL...and I mean all, your prayers to this false god that a known sexual predator dreamed up in order for him to have access to younger girls, are a moot point.

any "feelings" that you interpreted as a "confirmation" are a moot point.

Any of the reasons you can come up with for remaining within the Mormon church are a moot point.
    Yes, and ban all Muslims. Anything else you want to add to the conversation? Maybe Hispanics are rapists (another Trumpism)?

While you may see yourself as being the "god" I should listen to--as I said, no thank you.

John T

So, what are you saying? That when I pray, God does not hear my prayers?
    Maybe god, or Mormo god will hear your prayers, but the God of the Bible will not

Do you believe that this "Mormon-god", as you call it, is so powerful that you believe it can shut the mouth of God?
    There is no other god other than the God of the Bible, and there are so many verses to prove that, I will only quote one verse

Deuteronomy 5: 6 “‘I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

7 “‘You shall have no other gods before me.

8 “‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 9 You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 10 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Do you believe that when I pray, God will not hear and answer me? Are you saying that you think this "Mormon-god" is more powerful than the God of the Bible? (Which I believe is the God I pray to, but as you don't--how exactly do you reconcile your comments?)
    Whatever you believe is really irrelevant if it fails to conform to what God in the Bible has revealed. THAT is the litmus test of truth, and it has nothing to do with a belly ache.

John T

Yes, and ban all Muslims. Anything else you want to add to the conversation? Maybe Hispanics are rapists (another Trumpism)?

While you may see yourself as being the "god" I should listen to--as I said, no thank you.
    Your sputtering anger is noted. However please do not direct it at Alan; for he is merely the messenger, who is repeating what the God of the Bible wrote in the Bible, His Word.

Your sputtering anger is noted. However please do not direct it at Alan; for he is merely the messenger, who is repeating what the God of the Bible wrote in the Bible, His Word.
    There is no anger here--only a deep sigh because Alan has judgement for so many. And Alan is not repeating the God of the Bible because God tells us to pray and have faith in Him.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

or another version:

James 1: 5-6 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.

Maybe god, or Mormo god will hear your prayers, but the God of the Bible will not
    Who do you believe this "Mormo god" is? And why do you believe God will not hear my prayers?

T
    here is no other god other than the God of the Bible, and there are so many verses to prove that, I will only quote one verse

Deuteronomy 5: 6 “‘I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

7 “‘You shall have no other gods before me.

8 “‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 9 You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 10 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.
    I believe in the God you speak of whom said "You shall have no other gods before me." Who also said shortly thereafter:

"For the LORD your God [is] God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward"

I do not put any other god before him. (Not even Alan )

Whatever you believe is really irrelevant if it fails to conform to what God in the Bible has revealed. THAT is the litmus test of truth, and it has nothing to do with a belly ache.
    But I do believe in what the God of the Bible reveals--and he opens my eyes to it through the spirit, through prayer.

No belly-ache, but a burning, a still small voice--that when I live by, I see the truth of it. This is why my signature reads:

Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Because this is the one truth that seems to be denied on this site over and over again. That when the God opens the scriptures to us, we recognize it in our hearts or as these disciples described, their hearts "burn[ed] within [them].

Who do you believe this "Mormo god" is? And why do you believe God will not hear my prayers?

cause John didn't give God permission to hear anyone's prayers except those who John personally approves

and John doesn't like Mormons.
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

Oh I dont care if you heard Peter,Paul and Marry singing "Jeremiah was a bullfrog".....
    It would more likely be Three Dog Night who you'd hear singing that song
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

alanmolstad

Yes, and ban all Muslims. .
    ???

Ban?...Ban from where?...here?...
    We dont ban people from being lost,

and Im not sure how Trump got dragged into this, as I have not said anything about politics..?

But as for Mormons,they are without hope for they worship a god that Smith just invented so that he could have better results chase tail.
    Therefor the prayers of a Mormon are a moot point.
    The god that Smith invented so he could get into the beds of young girls that trusted him, is not a real god at all, rather its a false god that cant save, nor hear prayers...

alanmolstad

It would more likely be Three Dog Night who you'd hear singing that song
    still would not matter....

???

Ban?...Ban from where?...here?...
    We dont ban people from being lost,

and Im not sure how Trump got dragged into this, as I have not said anything about politics..?

But as for Mormons,they are without hope for they worship a god that Smith just invented so that he could have better results chase tail.
    Therefor the prayers of a Mormon are a moot point.
    The god that Smith invented so he could get into the beds of young girls that trusted him, is not a real god at all, rather its a false god that cant save, nor hear prayers...
    I am just looking at your view of Mormons in light of your political view.

And you are so hung up on your perceived view of Joseph Smith, I can only conclude some projection.

Interesting to me that you do not believe God hears or answers the prayers of Mormons. *sigh*