Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mormons are Sometimes Treated Like Trash by their Cult!

Default Mormons are Sometimes Treated Like Trash by their Cult!

I found this story on another site. It perfectly pictures the evil of Mormonism. Put yourself in the shoes of this poor mother of a dead baby. Consider how Jesus would have reacted - and then consider how this Mormon cult, loveless, disgustingly rigid, treated her:

"This is not a funny story

02/01/2009 - from Anonymous
    This is not a funny story. It is a tragic tale of a church that has turned into a corporation. An organization that had a social contract with its members, then exchanged that contract for arrogance and ignorance.

I am a seventh generation Mormon. My ancestors received their endowments in the Nauvoo temple. My great great grandfathers settled the small town in south central Utah where I grew up. My parents live on a street with our family name on the street sign. My father was born in the house that he lives in now, and has lived there his entire life. My parent's ward meets in a chapel built on a part of my dad's old farm, and has our family name as part of its name. The point is, my parents are as Mormon as they come.

My mother was born to a poor family in Thistle, Utah. She was raised by her aunt in Price, Utah where she was befriended by the local Catholic community. She was never baptized a Mormon or a Catholic, but considered herself to be more Catholic than Mormon until High School. This despite her being a direct descendent of five generations of Mormons.

My dad's father was a Mormon Bishop, in the days when being a Mormon Bishop was a big thing. In the early part of the 20th century, before the church became an international business, a Bishop's calling lasted decades, at least it did for my grandpa. When my parents met and got married, though, my mother was not yet a baptized member of the church. She had attended seminary while going to Springville High School, and was familiar with the doctrines of the church.

In 1956, my mother was baptized in August. In October she gave birth to her second child, a son. By February, it was clear that my brother was not going to live long. He suffered from a degenerative nerve disorder that ultimately would lead to paralysis of the diaphragm and cessation of breathing, if not an earlier demise due to the ***ociated pulmonary issues he would suffer. For young people, 22 and 21 years old, this was disheartening news.

By May, it was clear that their son would not live much longer. The Stake President, aware of the difficulties, contacted my parents and asked if they would like to be sealed in the temple to their son before he died. A touching gesture. Although my mother had only been a baptized member for nine-months, a full three months short of the recommended year, the Stake President and my Grandfather (as bishop), felt that my parents wore worthy to attend the temple, receive their endowments, and be sealed to their children. They were sealed in May. My brother died in July of 1957.

Fast forward to the fall of 2006. My brother would have been turning 50 years old. My parents, now in their 70's have lived a long and difficult life. Eight children, two died in infancy of the same disorder. Two sons served missions, all three married children married in the temple. Lifetime's of service to the church in a wide range of callings. My father's health is failing and he has only been to the chapel that bears his name, built on his old farmland, once. He has never met his current Bishop.

The scene is set... this is a recounting of what happened according to my mother...

Two men in their early thirties come to the front door of the eighty year old farm house. Knock, knock. As my mother, suffering from a broken arm and fractured vertebrae in her back from a fall three months earlier struggles to the door, and welcomes the two men dressed in suits in, they extend their hands for a hand shake.

"Hello Sister. I'm Bishop Blank, and this is my first councilor, Brother Blank. We just wanted to stop in and see you and Brother (name) on this nice Sunday afternoon.

"Come on in, I'm so glad you could stop by."

As the men get seated in the small living room, my mother struggles back into her chair.

"Well, we haven't met before, but I've been meaning to come by and see you."

"Thank you for coming."

"Have you and Brother (name) lived here long?"

"Well, you could say that. (name) was born in this house, and it was built by his father on land that his great grandfather homesteaded, so I guess, as a family, we've been here for almost 150 years."

"Oh, I didn't realize you had been here that long. Oh. Well, you have the same last name as the development across the street, were you related to that family?"

"Well, you could say that to. (name)'s family owned all of the property north of the highway down to where the city has it's facilities. All in all, about 600 acres, when you include the meadows down below. That piece across the road was about 12 acres, and we mostly grew corn or sugar beets on it."

"Oh. I see. Well, the reason we're here is because Salt Lake City has asked us to look into some practices of the church that were not conforming to general church policy."

"Uh, huh, I see."

"Yes, well, we noticed in the records that you had not been a member for a full year before you received your endowments. This would have been counter to church policy at the time. Because the proper procedures were not followed, your endowments and sealing may not be valid. The church is asking for us to look into these situations and make a recommendation as to whether you should go to the temple again and redo the ordinances."

"Well, I don't understand. I realize that I hadn't been a member for a full year, but President (Blank) came to us and asked us if we would like to go..."

"Yes, sometimes church leaders overstepped protocol and that has lead to some problems with the records, so..."

"I don't see how (name) and I could possibly go to the temple. He can barely get up to go to the kitchen without needing to stop and rest. His heart is so weak right now, we just take life day to day..."

"Yes, Sister (name), but the Lord would want you to have everything in order. If an ordinance is not done properly, it will not be recognized in heaven."

"Are you saying that you know how the Lord views my sealing to my children and my husband? Are you saying that 50 years after the fact you can second-guess the motivations of our Stake President? Wasn't he called of God then? "

(My mother is feisty!)

"Well, Sister (blank), it isn't like that. God's house is a house of order..."

"It sure is! We were sealed by a Sealer in the temple. He had the authority. I went there with my dying baby to be sealed, and we were sealed. You cannot change that."

"We certainly can. The church in Salt Lake has asked us to review all of these situations and make a recommendation. We would like to know the facts around why you were allowed to go to the temple before the one year had p***ed."

"Look, I don't know you, and you don't know me. I'm not telling you my personal business. Just because you come in here and say you are my Bishop doesn't give you the right to tell me that I am not sealed to my children. You live three houses down the street from me, have lived there for four years, have been my Bishop for two of those, and you have never even stopped to say hello. When my husband had a heart-attack, you didn't send anyone, you didn't call, we didn't even have a note from our home teachers. You and Brother (blank) can just go back to Salt Lake and tell them that they better send someone with more authority than you to tell me that the Lord isn't going to let me into heaven to see my babies when I die."

The two men, shocked, get up to leave. My parents don't move to let them out.

In almost a year, they haven't returned. As far as I know, my parents are still considered to be sealed for time and all eternity.

Me? I'm going straight to hell."
    (source: http://www.salamandersociety.com/foyer/bishophell/)

You decide, folks, if the cult didn't treat these poor parents in an evil and diabolical manner.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

bump! Mormons need to learn from those who have gone through the mill!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

But Mormons are frequently treated like trash by anti-Mormons!

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    But Mormons are frequently treated like trash by anti-Mormons!

from now on we should not make use of that term anymore...

You may use the term "Christian" or "follower of Christ" etc, ....but 'anti-Mormon" is against the rules...

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    from now on we should not make use of that term anymore...

You may use the term "Christian" or "follower of Christ" etc, ....but 'anti-Mormon" is against the rules...
    I don't understand, you're against Mormons...so you're "anti" Mormon by definition. It fits much better than calling the LDS church a cult, because by definition the LDS church is a religion. I don't understand your definitions. Why do you find anti-Mormon deragatory, I thought you were proud of that? I'm not at al kidding. Very confusing.

But I'm glad you made that distinction that it's "Christians" and not Christians. Because yes, "Christians" treat Mormons like dirt FAR more often than other Mormons do. Thanks for pointing that out.

So I guess I don't understand the purpose of this thread. Is she giving these Mormons an "atta boy" since she severely dislikes Mormons herself?? Because I haven't seen this person treat ANY Mormon anywhere near as good as those she portrays in this story.

VERY confusing. Can someone explain this to me???

For the record, I'm NOT attacking, I am observing. If I'm incorrect, please point out one time that she has been kind to one member of the LDS church and I will adjust my statement accordingly.

alanmolstad

Anti Mormon is not allowed and due to the very poor manners of a few guests I have decided to no longer overlook their name calling.

Thus you may refer to me as a Christian or as a follower of Christ.

MickeyS

Anti Mormon is not allowed and due to the very poor manners of a few guests I have decided to no longer overlook their name calling.

Thus you may refer to me as a Christian or as a follower of Christ.
    It's ok, I'll stick to "Christian".
    Last edited by MickeyS; 04-01-2016 at 05:37 AM.

alanmolstad

Anti ....is no longer going to be tolerated.

My religion is "Christian "
    Deal with it...

MickeyS

My religion is "Christian "
    I know, that's what I said.

John T

That is also against the rules at CARM. If you type in "anti" anything, you will get an auto censor posting ****
    It was getting to be a curse word, and when I did self edits in bbold red of the terms slung at Christians, I used this phrase in bold red "Edited by Johnt for N-word equivalent" that got the attention of some big people there!

John T

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    But Mormons are frequently treated like trash by Edited by Johnt for N-word equivalent
    Only you are responsible for what you post. It is rather foolish to say to another poster, "See what you made me do?"

John T

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    I found this story on another site. It perfectly pictures the evil of Mormonism. Put yourself in the shoes of this poor mother of a dead baby. Consider how Jesus would have reacted - and then consider how this Mormon cult, loveless, disgustingly rigid, treated her:

"This is not a funny story

02/01/2009 - from Anonymous
    Because it is so old,
    because there is no reference to any person, state or ward
    anyone who makes a comment about anything contained therein is foolish

alanmolstad

we had a Mormon poster just within the last month or so, that had a hard time remembering his manners....what was his name again..?
    Remember the way he was acting?

Yes, I remember now too...LOL

I know I had him on my IGNORE LIST due to bad manners in the past.
    But I think he felt that he still could get away with anything and calling people all kinds of names and making the normal Mormon-type personal attacks against Christians.

Whatever happened to him?

Prove it by highlighting where it says posters aren't allowed to use the word "anti-Mormon" from the site's official rules. Here they are, and I will underline the ones that I have seen you break in the past.

"Here are the rules.
    Violating these will get your account suspended. The following counts as unacceptable behavior on this board:
    Disrespectful references to God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit as defined by biblical and historic Christianity;
    Foul language: cursing, swearing, taking the Lord's name in vain.
    Personal character attacks on board members.
    Posting of indecent material, text or images.
    Multiple usernames. One username per poster.
    Misrepresenting yourself as someone else on the board.
    Filling up the board with large amounts of pasted material (this includes large pictures).
    Posting the same message on multiple boards.
    Posting material on behalf of someone who has been banned.
    Prior to being banned you will receive ONE warning, unless the offense is grievous in my opinion, then you will be banned immediately.

Additional Rules: Please do not refer to a member by any name other than his or her username. Mocking someone's ideas or beliefs is baiting. Pejorative terms like "liar" or "lying" in reference to other members will be considered personal attacks.

Historical individuals may be categorized as liars as long as primary source citations are used. All quotations must include the complete citation. This is a copyright issue. Do not start threads aimed at a specific board member. Your signature should not include any insulting comments made either by you or another board member, and do not carry over arguments from other boards to the WM Board.

Once banned, you will not be allowed back on the board for a minimum of two weeks.

Any rudeness to the moderator will result in an immediate ban of one week (or more).
    You may argue your case respectfully in an email.

If you cannot agree to keep the above rules, please do not enter the board.

Thank you.

(Rules updated 4/07/12)

alanmolstad

ok.....

You might want to write this down

ok.....

You might want to write this down
    I already DID write the rules down

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Prove it by highlighting where it says posters aren't allowed to use the word "anti-Mormon"

1 - goto the Home screen of the Walter Martin forum, where it lists all the different sections of the forum.

2 - drop down to the section ***les "Kingdom of the CULTS"

3 - drop down the the section ***les "Mormonism (LDS)"

4 - click on the Mormonism ***le

5 - Now on your screen you will see many ***le of topics.

6 - look at the top of the listed topics for the one listed as being a "Sticky:", meaning that it is an important topic that is kept at the top of the list to show it's importance for the guest.

7 - Look for the "sticky" that has the ***le " Derogatory Terms"

8 - click on the Sticky ***led " Derogatory Terms"

9 - Look for the first post that is by "Jill" who is the daughter of Walter Martin and who owns this message forum.

10 - read the following "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. This applies to terms like "anti-Mormon" and "Circuit Mormon".
    Effective immediately, members who use derogatory terms will be warned once, and the second time they will be banned indefinitely without warning. A third infraction will result in a long term account suspension. "

you are welcome.

Thanks. The sticky you quoted was made in 2009.
    KEVIN'S list of the rules was updated in 2012.

But I did notice this statement by Jill:

"10 - "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

That makes me want to take another look at certain peoples' posts--ones that seem to be using derogatory terms that insult, belittle, or treat a group called "Mormons" with contempt.

Jill goes on to say that

"Effective immediately, members who use derogatory terms will be warned once, and the second time they will be banned indefinitely without warning. A third infraction will result in a long term account suspension. "

Again, thanks for pointing out the standards of behavior that Jill expects of posters who are criticizing LDS beliefs or doctrines or leaders. I am grateful.

I also noticed what Jill said in her 2010 clarification:

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."
    Last edited by Phoenix; 04-01-2016 at 11:44 AM.

alanmolstad

Im glad to help new people learn what goes around here...and what does not go.

and as we see...calling someone an "anti-Mormon" is a serious issue and is only going to get a person in trouble.

Now Im sure some people will disagree with this fact...and they will say they have a right to call people such things regardless of what I have now pointed out to them.

If that is the path they want to walk?..then all I can say is...."Dont get too comfortable, you are not likely going to last long around here"

But most people are not looking for trouble, and when they learn what is expected here to show other guests good manners, they have no problem adapting and marching in step with the rest of the forum....the Golden Rule helps a lot there.

But some people do come here looking only for ways to get around the rules...they are always seeking to find out how much they can get away with.

We had a Mormon guy here within the last month or two who unfortunately felt that way...
    ("had" is the key word in that sentence)

thanks for the additional info. i do have additional questions: as you may know, Donald trump said this week that abortion is a bad thing, and he seemed to imply that there should be laws against abortion. And as you may know, there are groups of people who believe the same thing--that most abortions are an evil that should be opposed and outlawed. These groups work tirelessly in their opposition to abortion. They use some pretty harsh terms to describe what abortion is ("abortion is murder," etc.) and to describe the people who do abortions ("they're monsters"), or who support abortion, or who support keeping it legal, etc.

So my question is: is it wrong to refer to Donald trump and these other people who are against abortion, opposed to abortion, and who say a lot of bad things about abortion and its followers, as being anti-abortion? Should the people who zealously oppose abortion feel insulted if others refer to them as anti-abortion? What if those people were actually okay with being called anti-abortion protestors, or anti-abortion Christians---would that be weird for them to be proud of the term?

Thanks.

alanmolstad

thanks for the additional info. i do have additional questions: as you may know, Donald trump said this week that abortion is a bad thing, and he seemed to imply that there should be laws against abortion. And as you may know, there are groups of people who believe the same thing--that most abortions are an evil that should be opposed and outlawed. These groups work tirelessly in their opposition to abortion. They use some pretty harsh terms to describe what abortion is ("abortion is murder," etc.) and to describe the people who do abortions ("they're monsters"), or who support abortion, or who support keeping it legal, etc.

So my question is: is it wrong to refer to Donald trump and these other people who are against abortion, opposed to abortion, and who say a lot of bad things about abortion and its followers, as being anti-abortion? Should the people who zealously oppose abortion feel insulted if others refer to them as anti-abortion? What if those people were actually okay with being called anti-abortion protestors, or anti-abortion Christians---would that be weird for them to be proud of the term?

Thanks.
    found this post by accident !
    for some unknown reason this post does not pop-up in my "Whats New"section???

alanmolstad

is it wrong to refer to Donald trump and these other people who are against abortion, opposed to abortion, and who say a lot of bad things about abortion and its followers, as being anti-abortion? .

You mean the people that are "Pro-Life" and prefer to be called "pro-Life"?

as for what to call Trump?....
    I think you will be calling him "Mr President" very soon....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 04-01-2016 at 02:11 PM.

found this post by accident !
    for some unknown reason this post does not pop-up in my "Whats New"section???
    That's okay. might be a server glitch or something like that

I agree that many of the people who fight against abortion and against those who spread it, prefer to be called pro-life.

But I think many don't mind being referred to as being anti-abortion. Is it really a derogatory insult to call them anti-abortion?
    Last edited by Phoenix; 04-01-2016 at 03:40 PM.

alanmolstad

Probably...