Thread: The Mormon Cash Cow - the Book of Mormon

Default The Mormon Cash Cow - the Book of Mormon

How does the Mormon cult draw people into their darkness? The "missionaries," (young indoctrinated kids who hardly know anything about the Bible), tell "investigators" (i.e., patsies) to read the Book of Mormon and to pray about whether or not it is true. Is that the way the God of the Bible tells us to test things? To "pray" about it? What if we aren't Christians? Can truth be discerned by someone without the Holy Spirit? Doesn't the Bible tell us to "test" all things?

Joseph Smith's "Book of Mormon" was most likely copied from two sources, "The View of the Hebrews," and a m****cript written by Solomon Spalding (swiped from the printing office by Joe's sidekick, Sidney Rigdon, who stayed out of the picture until the fraudulent book was published, and then pretended to be converted. Rigdon was mentally deranged, possibly by a fall from his horse, as far as I can tell, and would use any means or method to promulgate his own belief system which is found throughout the Book of Mormon). He even "prophesied" the Book of Mormon coming forth prior to its printing. He was complicit in the fraud - for fraud it was, and Joseph Smith was simply following in the path of his grandfather who peddled a self-published book.

This video gives you a little background to how the Book of Mormon originated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm0Fsi2H3Fo

Now consider this - the Book of Mormon does NOT contain Mormonism. Doesn't mention temple marriage; doesn't mention men becoming gods; IS Trinitarian; doesn't teach that a Christian Church is apostate; doesn't mention baptizing dead people; condemns polygamy; teaches there is ONLY one God............Mormons teach all these evil things, and pretty much ignore what the Book of Mormon presents.

Now, why is the Book of Mormon a cash cow? Because the Mormon cult tells people to "pray" to see if it is true. The BoM basically quotes Biblical Scriptures, and doesn't depart too much from Biblical doctrines, although it is somewhat Sabellian in its view of the godhead. In other words, it "sounds" biblical, and therefore easily deceived folks think it is biblical! And so these gullible and credulous people come to believe in the Book of Mormon, and join the Mormon cult..........at which time they hand over ten percent of t heir income to Salt Lake City - not to mention having to fast and give the money saved by not eating to their local ward. It's a CASH COW!

Don't be deceived and become yet another victim of the conman, Joseph Smith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm0Fsi2H3Fo

Never pray about the truth of the Book of Mormon - it opens you up to evil demonic influence: http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/book-of-mormon.htm
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Never pray about the truth of the Book of Mormon - it opens you up to evil demonic influence:
    And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray. (2 Ne. 32:8)

Note that the Mormon quotes from a false Scripture from their false Book of Mormon. It's like somebody quoting from the book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy to prove that the Christian Science book is true. Immature circular reasoning. Always watch out for what Mormons are posting - the Book of Mormon scriptures they post are from a demonic source (other than those Joe Smith plagiarized from the Bible). They might look biblical, but in the end, the author is NOT God.
    Last edited by Apologette; 03-22-2016 at 02:38 PM.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

alanmolstad

Note that the Mormon quotes from a false Scripture from their false Book of Mormon. It's like somebody quoting from the book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy to prove that the Christian Science book is true. Immature circular reasoning. Always watch out for what Mormons are posting - the Book of Mormon scriptures they post are from a demonic source (other than those Joe Smith plagiarized from the Bible). They might look biblical, but in the end, the author is NOT God.
    AMEN!

Very true....and well said.
    it is very true that its very pointless to quote a work that was just something dreamed up by a guy who was just running around attempting to think of new ways to get in girls pants and into their husband's coin purse.
    One caution however, we should not refer to a guest by just the name "Mormon"....it might be considered rude.

MickeyS

So you both believe that not praying to God is what God would want? Oh my word that is so sad, and scary. What a terrible thing to believe.

Satan, not God, doesn't want you to pray. Satan, not God, wants you to trust in your own understanding and not seek Him for answers. Satan, not God, wants you to believe God will not answer your prayers.

God wants you to pray always, and he will direct your path in ALL things. Not just some things, not just the things that other people will tell you, he wants to help you with ALL things.

If you pray in faith, in the name of Jesus Christ, God will overpower any spirit sent from Satan. God does not want you to fail, He does not want you to stray, He does not want you to be lost. So if you were on the verge of any of those things, and you were to sincerely pray to Him in faith, He would not abandon you to the enemy, ever.

There you have it! According to the Protestant, praying is demonic!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    So you both believe that not praying to God is what God would want? Oh my word that is so sad, and scary. What a terrible thing to believe.

Satan, not God, doesn't want you to pray. Satan, not God, wants you to trust in your own understanding and not seek Him for answers. Satan, not God, wants you to believe God will not answer your prayers.

God wants you to pray always, and he will direct your path in ALL things. Not just some things, not just the things that other people will tell you, he wants to help you with ALL things.

If you pray in faith, in the name of Jesus Christ, God will overpower any spirit sent from Satan. God does not want you to fail, He does not want you to stray, He does not want you to be lost. So if you were on the verge of any of those things, and you were to sincerely pray to Him in faith, He would not abandon you to the enemy, ever.
    Tell me, do you pray to your "god" to ask him if adultery is right? Or, whether, it's okay to shop lift? The Bible instructs us to test things by God's Word, and to do otherwise is sinful.

Tell me, do you pray to your "god" to ask him if adultery is right? Or, whether, it's okay to shop lift? The Bible instructs us to test things by God's Word, and to do otherwise is sinful.

alanmolstad

Let us pray...

"Oh Lord, whose name is Art and lives in heaven...
    I always have wanted to be part of a religion that had a real pervert as its founder...some guy who really knew how to talk a young girl into doing the nasty.
    And Lord, I have always wanted to join a religion that will allow me to have endless sex in heaven with many other women, and that my wife cant object to this at all,,,even if some of the women Im sleeping with are sisters.
    And Lord, I have always wanted to be part of a religion that would turn a blind eye to the knowledge that someone might be having sex with very underage girls...Im talking little girls just age 14 or so...

So if it is your will that I join such a religion?...please give me no sign at all............................................... ........................................
    .................................................. .................................................. .........................
    .................................................. Thy will be done."

MickeyS

The difference is, you are talking about telling people not to pray regarding their spiritual development and relationship with God.

And it is never sinful to pray to God. Please direct me to a verse that says prayer is a sin. You really believe in a God that would punish you for trying to talk to Him??

That's wrong.

Satan would NEVER encourage anyone to pray to God about ANYTHING, at all. Ever

I will never believe God doesn't want me to pray to Him. Plus, He wants us to test things yes, but then we should pray to ensure what we are doing is inline with His teachings. How else can someone even believe the Bible at all? Because other people say so? Of course they need to know what is and isn't God's Word. How do they do that? They pray.

Satan, on the other hand, can manipulate a human much easier if they are not in communication with God. If they are not in communication with God, they are not in touch with His Spirit. The same Spirit that confirms truths to us. That is why Satan will do anything and manipulate anyone NOT to pray. That's what he wants.
    Last edited by MickeyS; 03-22-2016 at 06:30 PM.

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Let us pray...

I always have wanted to be part of a religion that had a real pervert as its founder...some guy who really knew how to talk a young girl into doing the nasty.
    And Lord, I have always wanted to join a religion that will allow me to have endless sex in heaven with many other women, and that my wife cant object to this at all,,,even if some of the women Im sleeping with are sisters.
    And Lord, I have always wanted to be part of a religion that would turn a blind eye to the knowledge that someone might be having sex with very underage girls...Im talking little girls just age 14 or so...

So if it is your will that I join such a religion?...please give me no sign at all............................................... ........................................
    .................................................. .................................................. .........................
    [When speaking of historical figures] this should be done in a scholarly way--no mocking, contempt, etc

alanmolstad

[When speaking of historical figures] this should be done in a scholarly way--no mocking, contempt, etc
    every word I have ever said about Smith being a dirty old man pervert is true...and you know its true...
    I have posted tons and tons of links,,,most by Walter Martin himself, that backup every word i say about Smith!

You just dont seem to like the fact that I know what Smith was up to...

But Im going to always be sharing what I have learned about Smith to the world.

Smith was a dirty old man,
    I will continue to tell people this all the time,,,,telling people that Smith went after younger and younger girls...having sex with them behind his wife's back.
    He would use every trick in the book to get girls to have sex with him...
    It got so bad that he is even said to have offered a girl who turned him down a fast$5 bucks for sex...

Now if you dont like me talking about Smith that way?..well, there is the door...

No one is forced to read one word I write,
    nor is anyone forced to come to this Christian message Forum to learn about things Mormons would not want you to know...

But if you are here, you got to expect that what you will see is Christians telling everyone about Smith and his sexual conquests and other perversions....

MickeyS

"Doing the nasty" is scholarly?

You deny posting with contempt?

Plus there is NO evidence of sex...no proof, nada, none...zip

Third hand stories of propositions handed down through those you admitted yourself are liars and who hold bitter grudges for their own crimes being exposed can hardly be counted as "history". But even if....

....your language is hardly "scholarly"

Hey, I don't make the rules.

MickeyS

No one is forced to read one word I write, nor is anyone forced to come to this Christian message Forum to learn about things Mormons would not want you to
    I didn't make the rules. But going by what you say, I suppose nobody is forced to read anybody's posts so it shouldn't matter.

But those are the rules that you pointed out. I'm not making a big deal, just mentioning it.

There's no rule against mentioning it.

alanmolstad

"Doing the nasty" is scholarly?
    Yes...Smith was truly nasty and that is about the "nicest" word I can think of to describe the revolting ,disgusting and evilness of the actions of Smith...

I can go back and do a copy/paste for anyone that wants to confirm what I say about Smith being a sexual pervert, so that everyone can understand that Im not making a single word up when I talk about the fact that all of Mormonism is based on the invented ideas of a sexual pervert that only came up with his religions ideas to help him get in the pants of women, and into the coin purse their husbands or fathers....

Smith was a truly evil creature...and so needed shooting....

But like I said....I dont make up one single word I have used to describe the filthy actions of Smith with women....

"By degrees it became whispered about that Joseph’s love for his adopted daughter was by no means a paternal affection, and his wife, discovering the fact, at once took measures to place the girl beyond his reach...Since Emma refused decidedly to allow her to remain in her house...my mother offered to take her until she could be sent to her relatives...”

Book of Mormon witness, Oliver Cowdery, felt the relationship was something other than a marriage. He referred to it as “A dirty, nasty, filthy affair...”
    ( http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/02-FannyAlger.htm )
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-22-2016 at 08:12 PM.

alanmolstad

I dont make any of this up.....
    Smith's actions with women were dirty, filthy and......very nasty......

"By degrees it became whispered about that Joseph’s love for his adopted daughter was by no means a paternal affection, and his wife, discovering the fact, at once took measures to place the girl beyond his reach...Since Emma refused decidedly to allow her to remain in her house...my mother offered to take her until she could be sent to her relatives...”

Book of Mormon witness, Oliver Cowdery, felt the relationship was something other than a marriage. He referred to it as “A dirty, nasty, filthy affair...” "

We are talking about the guy lifted so high by his deceived followers....they dont see any of this....they overlook it all...they explain it all away...they consider it all lies told by people who were kicked out and cant be trusted...

No matter what they learn their eyes are blinded....

But the fact is none the less real..
    Mormonism is a idea dreamed up by a sexual pervert to seduce women...

MickeyS

That's because it is lies by people who were kicked out and couldn't be trusted. Period

Don't agree with the polygamy, fine. But all that nasty dirty sex stuff was lies told by a handful of people who were knee deep in their own sins, didn't want to own up or be found out, didn't want to be humiliated (although they were given ample opportunity to discreetly confess and turn away from their behavior, and wouldn't) One was paid handsomely for the "information" he gave to publications, the revenge in destroying the man who revealed his disgusting behavior was the main objective, but the money sweetened the pot. And he made sure to make the details extra juicy, at the lack of any consistency, cohesiveness or credibility. And in the end, two hundred years later, the lack of credible witnesses (many of which recanted or couldn't keep their timelines straight) makes no difference, because those who want to feel good about hating and finding joy in the death of another, will believe absolutely any story that helps them out with that.

Consumed with the spirit of contention that they ignore the warnings of The Lord, even Jesus Christ to "Judge not, lest ye be judged"

Please think of that, anyone who comes along and decides to get caught up in this hysteria, that you're endangering your connection with the Spirit because of 200 year old rumors and tales. And over mutual hate for another instead of love for the Savior. Even if you never believe Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and you don't agree with any of the practices of the early church, don't get caught up in the hate.

Decide whether or not you believe it is really worth it. I know that it is not. I always say it and I'll say it again. Barring the effects of what this toxic atmosphere is creating in my spirit....there is nothing I fear when I stand before God. There really isn't. So there is absolutely nothing you can say to change that.

I know you could care less what I think, but just so you and anyone who reads this knows when I decide to take a break again (one day I'll learn and not come back, I don't believe anyone investigating the church comes here anyway) Your words your mockeries, your hate, and the lies you continue to believe don't worry me or bother me one bit. Your infectious negative spirit....does

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
    3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
    4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
    5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
    6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
    7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
    8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
    (New Testament, 1*John, 1 John 4)

Please realize what spirits are of God. How we can know God. And it's not through hate. And it's not through ignoring our Father in Heaven. Any spirit that will lead you away from Him, is not of Him. Those are the spirits of contention, the spirit of anger, the spirit of contempt. These are not of God and will only grow stronger if we do not communicate with our Father on a DAILY basis. Pray always, acknowledge Him in all you do and seek His counsel in all things.
    Last edited by MickeyS; 03-22-2016 at 11:46 PM.

alanmolstad

when I call the actions of Smith as being "nasty".....was I quoting a Christian source?

Thats kinda a question that in the future people might want to ask before they ask me "Who said that?"

See, heres the deal with a lot of the early Mormon history.
    There clearly were a lot of Mormon men that were true believers in Smith and his visions, yet when they saw the way he was running around having sex with even married women of his own followers that he sent out of town, they started to wake up and smell the coffee.

In the end.....this will lead to some attempting to raise their concerns with Smith's sexual behavior with other Mormons.
    This leads a few brave men to attempt to come out with a newspaper, and that leads to the attack of Smith and his men against the office of the newspaper...and that leads to his arrest...and that leads to Smith getting shot dead.

so all this trouble...
    all this pain ...
    all this death....
    all of it stems from the one simple fact of life when it comes down to what Smith was really like as a person...

and that is?..............Smith could not keep it in his pants.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-23-2016 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    There you have it! According to the Protestant, praying is demonic!
    You bet that asking God whether lies are truth is demonic!

That's because it is lies by people who were kicked out and couldn't be trusted. Period

Don't agree with the polygamy, fine. But all that nasty dirty sex stuff was lies told by a handful of people who were knee deep in their own sins, didn't want to own up or be found out, didn't want to be humiliated (although they were given ample opportunity to discreetly confess and turn away from their behavior, and wouldn't) One was paid handsomely for the "information" he gave to publications, the revenge in destroying the man who revealed his disgusting behavior was the main objective, but the money sweetened the pot. And he made sure to make the details extra juicy, at the lack of any consistency, cohesiveness or credibility. And in the end, two hundred years later, the lack of credible witnesses (many of which recanted or couldn't keep their timelines straight) makes no difference, because those who want to feel good about hating and finding joy in the death of another, will believe absolutely any story that helps them out with that.

Consumed with the spirit of contention that they ignore the warnings of The Lord, even Jesus Christ to "Judge not, lest ye be judged"

Please think of that, anyone who comes along and decides to get caught up in this hysteria, that you're endangering your connection with the Spirit because of 200 year old rumors and tales. And over mutual hate for another instead of love for the Savior. Even if you never believe Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and you don't agree with any of the practices of the early church, don't get caught up in the hate.

Decide whether or not you believe it is really worth it. I know that it is not. I always say it and I'll say it again. Barring the effects of what this toxic atmosphere is creating in my spirit....there is nothing I fear when I stand before God. There really isn't. So there is absolutely nothing you can say to change that.

I know you could care less what I think, but just so you and anyone who reads this knows when I decide to take a break again (one day I'll learn and not come back, I don't believe anyone investigating the church comes here anyway) Your words your mockeries, your hate, and the lies you continue to believe don't worry me or bother me one bit. Your infectious negative spirit....does

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
    3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
    4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
    5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
    6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
    7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
    8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
    (New Testament, 1*John, 1 John 4)

Please realize what spirits are of God. How we can know God. And it's not through hate. And it's not through ignoring our Father in Heaven. Any spirit that will lead you away from Him, is not of Him. Those are the spirits of contention, the spirit of anger, the spirit of contempt. These are not of God and will only grow stronger if we do not communicate with our Father on a DAILY basis. Pray always, acknowledge Him in all you do and seek His counsel in all things.
    You have been so indoctrinated that you can't see the tree for the forest, or visa versa! Smith was a molester of young women......doesn't that bother you?

Adam and eves kids committed incest...doesn't that bother YOU???

It saddens me to see people so negative based on things in which they have no experience.

But I can bare the truth that God does hear and answers are prayers. He is okay that we take everything to him in prayer. He wants us to pray. He asks us to pray without ceasing. He asks us to come unto him. The scriptures do lead us to truth, and that truth is to turn to God for guidance. I know this is true.

We should never be afraid to pray. "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Let us pray...

"Additional Rules: Mocking someone's ideas or beliefs is baiting."