Thread: Why should anyone believe a religion that teaches. . .

Default Why should anyone believe a religion that teaches. . .

Imaginary people, places, and events that never existed?
    False gods, that you can become a god yourself, self-aggrandizement?
    Manmade 'priesthoods' that are not from God.
    Manmade 'authority' that is not from God?

ALL based upon the claims of an immoral, dishonest, ungodly criminal who tried to shoot his way out of jail?

Can you 'explain' this?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

ALL based upon the claims of an immoral, dishonest, ungodly criminal who tried to shoot his way out of jail?
    No idea. You should find someone who does and ask them. On the appropriate board, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

Can you 'explain' this?

I can. It is called demonization. Those who embrace demons, believe what demons tell them. All false religions originate from a Satanic source. Joe Smith was the quintessential conman and occultist. He sacrificed animals to appease spirits guarding treasures. And if a person is foolish enough to follow this evil man, they set themselves up for demonic possession. That is the reason they cannot receive truth, because they love a lie.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post

I can. It is called demonization. Those who embrace demons, believe what demons tell them. All false religions originate from a Satanic source. Joe Smith was the quintessential conman and occultist. He sacrificed animals to appease spirits guarding treasures. And if a person is foolish enough to follow this evil man, they set themselves up for demonic possession. That is the reason they cannot receive truth, because they love a lie.
    Your comments remind me of a scripture in the New Testament when, in a parable, someone was judging someone else to be wicked: "Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee," Luke 19:22
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?