Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
For the sake of the lone stragglers who come to this occasionally visited board...

The Trinity Doctrine is gleaned from scripture. All of it. And it is not hard to understand. Once we do the math properly. My repeated example is the math we do when we consider another trinity (a family of three).

One family, three individuals who are the one family. Each is equally and 100% family. The only difference is when we refer to the family specifically we are comfortable with calling the family and it. With God we are not so comfortable calling God it so we call God he or him or his.

Each individual is a living intelligent person. I am not saying we should call them it. But like a family, the personhood is in the members therein not in the family unit itself. Part of what screws up people's ability to grasp the triune nature of the one God is the compound unity which can only mean that the personhood is of the individuals within the unity of the Godhead not the unity (Godhead) itself.

"I am family..." One family member speaking as a member or as the representative of the family itself...
The Trinity is much closer than a mere family.. God is not three being but one Being in three Persons.. God showed me this explanation and it serves me well.. I hope it help you as well..

The God created the Universe as space. Like all His other creations it reflects Him..
Space in the unity of three dimensions.. Height, Width, and Breadth.. Each one is infinite in it's nature. Being infinite Height contains all space.. Width , and Breadth also being infinite each contain every point that can exist.. Yet these three dimensions unit together into space..

Ok, God is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each is infinite and therefore are the fullness of God. The Father is God all the God there is or ever can be. The Son and the Holy Spirit are individually God. Each all the God there is or ever can be. But these three Persons are the one true God.. Can you see the truth in this? When I was a new Christian The Holy Spirit gave me this explanation and it has served my infinite mind well in it's attempt to understand the Infinite.. IHS jim