Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling evolution "theistic" dosen't make it true.

Repeat is so tiresome

Repeat is so tiresome

Fifth attempt, Where is my comment?

Sorry if I don’t understand your refusal to come to the table openly.

How would I do what we all request if I were you? Sure, glad you asked, be glad to show you.

Per Disciple’s post # 215

Oh, sorry I missed those. But man, that is quite a bit to ask isn’t it? I mean, I got to guard my convictions you know? People can say just about anything, but I’ll tell you what, how about if I just say for now, I’ll try harder at discussion, okay?
    I’m not trying to put words in your mouth, we have just committed ourselves to too many circles. Would this be acceptable dialog?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    Fifth attempt, Where is my comment?

Sorry if I don’t understand your refusal to come to the table openly.

How would I do what we all request if I were you? Sure, glad you asked, be glad to show you.

Per Disciple’s post # 215

I’m not trying to put words in your mouth, we have just committed ourselves to too many circles. Would this be acceptable dialog?
    I have no idea what you are attempting to say?...

I do not understand much of anything you post on the forum.

alanmolstad

You seem unable to post sentences that I can read and understand.

Your posts to me read like a stringing together of dissociated words, picked at random.

alanmolstad

Moving on-

I believe later today I would like to share my thoughts on the following teachings that I find in my Bible...

Animals died before the sin of Adam.
    All life, both human and animals life is from the same single source.
    The single source for all life, is the earth itself.

Please let me know if you would like to see the scripture reference that supports each of these teachings?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    You seem unable to post sentences that I can read and understand.

Your posts to me read like a stringing together of dissociated words, picked at random.
    No problem,

Can you define the difference between promotion and discussion?

alanmolstad

No problem,

Can you define the difference between promotion and discussion?
    well..I guess i could look it up, if you demand my definition be totally correct...

But off hand I would say that on a message forum such as this you find that the posts are a mix of many forms of interactions.

I cant speak for others and what they may be doing, But I can share what i come here to accomplish.

I like to write.
    I like to write on things I believe are true and supported by the Bible.
    I like to dig into why I believe the things that I believe.
    Many times there is a topic going that I might have a general feeling about, yet have never bothered to put my thoughts down in a written form.
    So this forum allows me a chance to really see what I believe, to really find out how strongly I think about some topics.

Im not at all interested in showing up here to learn anything from other people.

But if asked, I do enjoy showing others what I believe and why, ...

Some of the things you will note about my writings is that I tend to not post on a topic that I have not done research on.
    I dont post a lot of comments on the Mormon section.
    I dont post things Im not well-schooled in and have a history dealing with.
    This allows me to only post comments that are things that are true....and able to be put to the test.

If I post that I think that the Mormon Smith was a dirty old man, its because i think I can back that up.

I invite people to regard my views with suspicion,and to question the things I say the bible teaches.
    I only ask that they put my views to the same test that they put the teachings of Paul to.

Now what am I here to promote?......Im here to promote truth.
    I support the idea that a Bible student can open his bible and read the words as they appear and find the same truth that I claim.
    I push people all the time to put down their fancy YEC textbooks, and read the Bible to see what it really says, and not just depend on a textbook to tell them what it means.

I am not at all interested in any discussion that cast doubt on the right and need Bible students have to dig into the story of genesis as deeply as I do in the search for truth.

Im not at all interested in any discussion where the idea is being promoted that we should not call into question many YEC teachings that lack support in the text.

Im not at all interested in any discussion that might suggest some topics are "off-limits" for Christians to question.

when I quote a Bible verse and say "it teaches that animals and humans share a source", I expect the person that might disagree with me to open their Bible and share a verse too.
    Im not at all interested the posts of people that simply keep saying, "Evolution is of the devil"...as if that personal opinion of their's mattered to anyone at all...

so in other words....If Im able to quote Genesis to prove my ideas, you better be able to quote genesis to prove yours in response, or I have little time to all that other personal ****.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 04-15-2016 at 07:49 AM.

alanmolstad

One time I was in a small group Bible setting, and I was sharing what the Bible taught as to the fact that there is no end to the 7th day, and that God made the sun before the 4th day etc, and the teacher of this little cl*** was dumbfounded at what i was saying.

He kept saying, I was not taking the Bible story literal....

So I cut thought his fog by asking him the same question I asked here (and never got an answr to by the way)
    I asked him, "The Young Earthers claim that the Bible teaches that God created the light before there was a sun, but what does the bible literally say in black and white was the very first thing God created "In the beginning"?

I loved his response,for he thought about my question for a moment, then considered what the Bible said...and then shrugged and said,
    ""Heavens", but you cant that that literal"
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 04-15-2016 at 08:49 AM.

alanmolstad

Take for instance a heated discussion I had with a poster on this site on another issue who I later found out Alan was much in agreement with and not mine.

The topic and intricacies are irrelevant but curiously enough, while Alan wasn’t in the discussion I have reason to believe he was contributing much care that day.
    what topic was that?

what did I say?

How was I in error?

Let me guess...I was promoting the Golden Rule again?
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 04-15-2016 at 09:32 AM.

alanmolstad

Animals died before the sin of Adam.There is nothing in the bible that says animals could not die before the sin of Adam.
    it's that simple.

The Bible does not teach that animals die due to the sin of Adam...well, except for the animals like sheep and doves that die due to being killed as a sacrifice.

All life, both human and animals life is from the same single source.
    The single source for all life, is the earth itself.

In evolution we trace back all life to the very starting point we find that the first building blocks of life are made of the earth itself.
    So in a very real way, we are a part of the earth that has come to life.

The book of Genesis agrees with evolution on this matter.
    In the Bible we find that all animal and all humans share a common source.
    That source is said to be this earth itself too.

So when you trace back evolution to the starting point, the place you get to is where we also start in genesis.

alanmolstad

So to sum up:

theistic-evolution works fine next to the teachings of the bible and the teaching of science.

I believe that theistic evolution has a lot of merit, that it reflects the world around us, and represents a concept that works hand-in-hand with the story of genesis.

This is why we dont have to worry that Genesis does not teach evolution,
    Nor do we have to worry that evolution has no place for God's hand.

alanmolstad

>>>>>>>as I have said...OVER AND OVER.....

I can remember many times when Dr Walter Martin was asked a question about Genesis or evolution, Walter would always give his answer in such a way as to always allow for the vast age of the earth required by evolution.

As I also said many times, Im not really sure if Walter actually believed in evolution,but i do know that he made a special point each time he answers such questions on the story of Genesis that he would make sure everyone understood that there is nothing in the Bible that says the earth could not be millions of years old...

Im glad to see that the current Bible Answer Man also has taken a stand against the teaching of the Young Earth gang....

bump...........

Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and Whoever Loves and Practices A Lie.

Revelation 22:14-15

alanmolstad

And YEC is that lie...

And YEC is that lie...

Repent Alan.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    Repent Alan.
    Say there guy...did you happen to catch the fact that I posted more than enough support for my post about the current BIBLE ANSWER MAN?

alanmolstad

I tend to only post things I have plenty of support for.

That fact must come as a bit of a disoppointment for some of you guys .

alanmolstad

I tend to only post things I have plenty of support for.

That fact must come as a bit of a disoppointment for some of you guys .

Say there guy...did you happen to catch the fact that I posted more than enough support for my post about the current BIBLE ANSWER MAN?

It's not a big deal that you don't support YEC. That's fine.

My Protest is against you supporting Evolution and more specifically Macroevolution.

alanmolstad

My Protest is against you supporting Evolution and more specifically Macroevolution.
    I will have to back up here and check..it seemed at the time it was a big deal to someone...

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Once again Alan is zealous without correct knowledge.
    .........[/B]
    I think I more that proved that I have a lot more knowledge of the position of the Bible Answer Man (both the original and the current) on this issue, than Disciple give me credit for.

alanmolstad

I don't try to teach evolution...
    and so I don't defend evolution as well...

Im simply saying that evolution as taught by science works hand in hand with the story of genesis.

I also teach that if you stick to the words found in Genesis, that you will NOT FIND any anti-evolution arguments in the text at all !

I really dont care if a person believes in evolution or not...its not a finished science and so I just dont think thats as big of a deal as believing in a Young Earth.

its the YEC teachings that I believe are very, very harmful to the church.

I fight them where i can....

I know a lot of the flaws with the YEC teachings, I I bring them up....Thats why the YEC believers dont like it when I speak up, because they know if they were to take me on with the Bible that have not got a chance.

They dont have any ammo...
    There is nothing in the bible to support the YEC teachings...
    All there is to back up the YEC are the YEC textbooks...

Here is another little flaw in the YEC teachings- They dont come up with any new stuff.
    All the many hundreds and hundreds of books, and websites are all just quoting the same stuff over and over....they may put new words to things, but its all the same stuff just re-marketed by people to look fresh but its all just based on the word of Henry Morris.

and Morris was in error.

alanmolstad

I remember once I was posting on Genesis on a different message forum, and i was asked, (demanded) by the Mod to be in a debate...a real official debate with the forum's main YEC teacher.

I really did not want to, but they said I could not post anymore on any topic unless i agreed.

They did a lotof little pro-mos for the debate and they had a ton of rules I had to follow.

When the debate started I told the guy I was not there to teach or defend evolution, but I was going to center my side of the debate on what the Bible says.

Lets just say that did not go over well.

It seems that all the stuff the YEC guy was ready to attack me with had to deal with evolution.
    He wanted me to defend evolution....
    No, he NEEDED me to defend evolution!

It was right then I learned that the YEC argument is not based on the Bible, its not pro-Bible....what it is is Anti-evolution.

I also learned that if I did not offer a defense of evolution then the YEC person is left high and dry....they dont have anything to share..

All they got are Anti-evolution arguments, they dont have any knowledge of the Bible, they have never really dealt with the genesis text apart from their YEC textbooks.
    When I asked the starting question I always asked, "What does the Bible literally say God created first In The Beginning?", it started a huge fight ....the guy I was debating simply was never going to allow me to talk about the Bible...He knew full well that if I was allowed to talk about what the bible said, that I would show that YEC teachings are a house of cards that is easy to tip over.

When I would get called to visit home fellowships and give my little talk on Genesis, I would run into the same arguments, from the same books most every time...YEC teachings are a cancer within the Bible of Christ...and I deal with it the same way I still do...With the Scriptures!

Hopefully The Lord Jesus Christ will have mercy on you for promoting this heretical lie.