Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling evolution "theistic" dosen't make it true.

alanmolstad

I will now move on to the next question you guys failed to answer....

alanmolstad

You next question....

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth"

Now this term "heavens" has many meanings in different context in the Bible.

I was just wondering, could the term "Heavens" be understood to ever be talking about the entire canopy of stars in the night sky?

alanmolstad

and the answer is "yes"

https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/...tewart_151.cfm

At Genesis 1:1 when we read the word "Heavens" it is totally fine to understand that as talking about all the stars...(and by the way, our own sun is a star)

alanmolstad

so what we have now just done, is prove that the bible teaches that god made stars like our own sun as the first things he created in the beginning...

next question:

alanmolstad

3rd Question for you to answer:

In the King James Bible we have the added words always placed within brackets []
    http://genius.com/Holy-bible-kjv-genesis-1-annotated

when you look at Genesis 1:16 in the king James, what words appear in brackets [ ] to show us they were added?

alanmolstad

Genesis 1:16: And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: [he made] the stars also.

so the answer to the 3rd question you guys FAILED to answer is "he made"

so we know that the words "He made" have been added and are not supported by the Hebrew....

Lets just not add them one time and read the verse to see if it actually works better without the added words?

" And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night the stars also.

Suddenly we see that the added words were totally unnecessary!

We see now what the writer was talking about, and its so simple!!!!!

all the verse is saying is that the lesser light would rule over the night and the stars....."also"
    thats word "also" points us back to the to the other thing the lesser light got to rule over....ie 'the night".

so the wording and context of the 4th day is simply about the change in the "AMOUNT" of light seen on the earth....some of the light is said to be "greater" and some is said to be "lesser"

greater and lesser are terms that describe the AMOUNT of light....not their source.

alanmolstad

so on the 4th day of genesis we do not see the creation of the sun, moon and stars at all!!!

all we see is a change in the 'amount" of light seen on the earth....and that is why the Bible does not say that the "sun" or the "moon" was created on the 4th day!

When does the bible tell us when the sun and the moon and all the stars and all the other things like Black holes,and dust clouds and all the things in deep space were created?........Genesis 1:1

"In the beginning God created the Heavens (all stars, all worlds, and our sun too)and the earth"

alanmolstad

you may now go back to sending messages to each other.....

alanmolstad

alanmolstad

notice what he says at the 0:55 point of the video?????

so it seems that I am not the only one within the Christian Church that knows how to open a bible and read Genesis?

If only I could get a few guys around here to follow this example....

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    But what is also true is that because the 7th Day has no ending yet in the bible we cant say for sure how long any day in genesis lasts for us....

*The 7th day has already p***ed. In fact many thousands of years have already p***ed.

You wrote :

We find no anti-evolution arguments in the genesis text.
    and

Nor should we think less that evolution because it cant show us God.

*But then you said this :

Alan does not defend evolution!"

*You Are Defending Evolution Alan. Man Didn't Evolve. He was created in the image of God. Man didn't evolve from primates or anything else like evolution claims. He was made in the image of God.

This might help:

And This:

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    *The 7th day has already p***ed. In fact many thousands of years have already p***ed.

Unless you can point to a verse that shows it has ended (just as you and I can see very clearly that the first 6 days have ended), dont bother telling me that the 7th day ended cuz you are just making that stuff up!

Show me a verse that says, "and there was evening and morning, the 7th day"....

Show that verse to me and you got a case...

But if you cant!
    you got nothing to back that up !....

Nothing but junk you had to make up.

I dont make stuff up.
    You know why I dont make stuff up?...I DONT NEED TO!
    The Bible already supports everything I teach.....everything!

alanmolstad

*You Are Defending Evolution Alan..

nope .

trust me, when I start defending evolution, YOU are going to notice the difference.

Unless you can point to a verse that shows it has ended (just as you and I can see very clearly that the first 6 days have ended), dont bother telling me that the 7th day ended cuz you are just making that stuff up!

Show me a verse that says, "and there was evening and morning, the 7th day"....

Show that verse to me and you got a case...

But if you cant!
    you got nothing to back that up !....

Nothing but junk you had to make up.

I dont make stuff up.
    You know why I dont make stuff up?...I DONT NEED TO!
    The Bible already supports everything I teach.....everything!

Genesis 5:9-11

Enosh lived Ninety Years, and begot Cainan. After he begot Cainan, Enosh lived eight hundred and fifteen Years, and had sons and daughters. So all the Days of Enosh were nine hundred and five Years and he Died.

So we can see that Years have p***ed since creation. Thousands of Years have p***ed since Creation.

Wake Up Alan you are spouting Nonsense.

Macroevolution is Garbage Alan. We didn't Evolve. We were Created by God.

alanmolstad

Genesis 5:9-11

Enosh lived Ninety Years, and begot Cainan. After he begot Cainan, Enosh lived eight hundred and fifteen Years, and had sons and daughters. So all the Days of Enosh were nine hundred and five Years and he Died.

So we can see that Years have p***ed since creation. Thousands of Years have p***ed since Creation.

Wake Up Alan you are spouting Nonsense.
    No ending to the 7th day there....

try again...Im sure you can find it ...(if its there)

remember what you are looking for is the pattern of endings the same writer used for all 6 of the first dys...
    "and there was evening and morning, the 7thday"

if you can find that in any of the Bible....or any verse that teaches that the 7th day of creation rest has ended, then you got a case!

But no verse = no case.

I dont add to the text so you dont get to add to the text too....thems the rules

alanmolstad

Macroevolution is Garbage Alan. We didn't Evolve. We were Created by God.
    again...I dont defend evolution....

Im just saying that evolution and genesis trace back all life to the same single point...the same source

No ending to the 7th day there....

try again...Im sure you can find it ...(if its there)

remember what you are looking for is the pattern of endings the same writer used for all 6 of the first dys...
    "and there was evening and morning, the 7thday"

if you can find that in any of the Bible....or any verse that teaches that the 7th day of creation rest has ended, then you got a case!

But no verse = no case.

I dont add to the text so you dont get to add to the text too....thems the rules

I Gave You A Verse. Years Have P***ed. The Creation Week Has P***ed.

alanmolstad

You postd avideo showing Ken Ham.....

you do know I attended his 8-week cl*** on ORIGINS right?.....that I have heard all his teachings?....that I know all what he has to say?...that nothing that is in your video is new to me?....

8 weeks I sat and listened to him personally......so you really think showing me a video of him now is going to help your argument?

*Your whole argument of the 7th day of Creation not p***ing yet Is Just Plain Ridiculous and Wrong.

alanmolstad

*Your whole argument of the 7th day of Creation not p***ing yet Is Just Plain Ridiculous and Wrong.
    thats just your own opinion...

show me a verse that clearly teaches the 7th day has ended?>>>

why is that so hard for you to do????

alanmolstad

so you can tell me that the 7th day has ended until you are blue in the face.....but unless you can show me a verse that clearly says that, you are going to fail.

it dont matter what you think the bible teaches...Im only interested in what you can prove.

alanmolstad

so on the issue of an ending to the 7th day....

No verse = no case...

no case = FAIL!

I dont add to the Bible,,,,I dont need to.
    the Bible as written supports all I teach.
    The YEC people have to add stuff to the Bible all the time to make it agree with what they want it to say.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 04-08-2016 at 10:33 PM.