Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling evolution "theistic" dosen't make it true.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    So all the DAYS of Enosh were nine hundred and five Years and he Died.

Genesis 5:11
    You struggle so....LOL

nope,,,you have to find a verse that says just the same as for the other 6 days...

"and there was evening and there was morning, the 7th day"

You find that verse yet?

perhaps if you watched a ken ham video it might help?

How about reading on a YEC website, perhaps they got the verse there?

I have an old Magic 8-Ball left over from when I was a kid, would you like to ask it where that verse is?

You find the verse and you got a case..

no verse = no case
    No case = Fail!

alanmolstad

what verse clearly tells us that 1st day is ended already?.....

Genesis 1:5 And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

alanmolstad

what verse clearly tells us that 2nd day is ended already?.....
    Genesis 1:8 And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

alanmolstad

how about the 3rd day?

is there a verse in the bible that makes it very clear that the 3rd day has ended already?...

alanmolstad

Gen 1:13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

alanmolstad

and the 4th?
    the 5th?
    the 6th?

alanmolstad

is there a very clear ending verse for the 4th day, just like there was for the 1st and the 2nd and the 3rd?.....yes.

is there any way to miss this verse?...no.

do we have to '***ume"the 4th day has ended or can we know its ending by looking at a verse that is in the same pattern used to teach the other days have ended?....we dont have to guess or ***ume anything.

what about the 5th day?________

alanmolstad

And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

alanmolstad

so for each of the first 6 days of the creation week there are very clear endings given to us by the writer of genesis?....yes

Each days ends the very same way?......yes

No changes?......nope

Every day ends the same way with the same wordings?.....yes

So its a clear pattern that is being followed by the writer of genesis to make sure we understand when each day ended?....yes, that is very clear to the reader

alanmolstad

so we have very clear proof that each of the 6 days have endings?.....yes.

and the 7th day has no ending in the story?......nope

and there is no verse in the Genesis story that says the same wording that was used for the 6 days to describe the ending of the 7th day?......nope

is there a verse in the Old test that says "and there was evening and morning the 7th day"?.........no

and there is no such wording in the whole of the Bible about the 7th day ending?.....no

alanmolstad

So this very carefull pattern that is used by the writer of Genesis to inform us that the first 6 days have already ended, was not used to talk about the 7th day?......that is true.

So while we have clear endings for 6 days, there is no such carefull ending for the 7th day?.....that is true

and there is no way to thus prove the 7th day has ended, if you are looking for the same pattern used for the first 6 days?....that is true, there is no such listed ending to the 7th day at any point in the Bible.

well.....is there any verse in the Bible that says God has "finished" he 7th day of rest?.......no

So God is still resting from his work of creation?.....yes

But one day the Bible does say god shall return to more work of creation?.....yes!

so the bible does teach that the 7th day of the creation rest does end in the future?.....yes

so the 7th day is not forever?.....no, the 7th day will end in the future according to the scriptures that speak of a new heaven and a new earth.

so we are in the 7th day?......yes

alanmolstad

So this very carefull pattern that is used by the writer of Genesis to inform us that the first 6 days have already ended, was not used to talk about the 7th day?......that is true.

So while we have clear endings for 6 days, there is no such carefull ending for the 7th day?.....that is true

and there is no way to thus prove the 7th day has ended, if you are looking for the same pattern used for the first 6 days?....that is true, there is no such listed ending to the 7th day at any point in the Bible.

well.....is there any verse in the Bible that says God has "finished" he 7th day of rest?.......no

So God is still resting from his work of creation?.....yes

But one day the Bible does say god shall return to more work of creation?.....yes!

so the bible does teach that the 7th day of the creation rest does end in the future?.....yes

so the 7th day is not forever?.....no, the 7th day will end in the future according to the scriptures that speak of a new heaven and a new earth.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post

that's all Im saying....

Spamming of Nonsense Posts doesn't make your opinions correct. It just makes your post count higher.

alanmolstad

that's all Im saying....

so...in the future the 7th day will have an"evening and morning, the 7th day"?.......I think so.....based on the pattern the Bible makes use of, i would expect that when the ending to the 7th day has arrived to then see it appear in the word of god in the same wording as found in genesis.

soone day you expect a Bible will have "and there was evening and morning, the 7th day"?.....yes...in keeping with the Bible's own way of wording when days of creation end...

You are promoting Heresy Alan.

The Bible says that Days, Months and Years have All P***ed since creation.

That's what the Text Says.

alanmolstad

You are promoting Heresy Alan.

s.
    that junk is just your personal opinion,,,a moot point with me...
    Do you really think i care about your personal opinions?....

im only interested in the Bible verse that you seem unable to find for me....

alanmolstad

so the word "day" can mean an unlimited amount of time?.....yes

and it can mean an unlimited/unknown amount of time in the story of genesis?......Yes

alanmolstad

But what about the YEC teachers that teach their students that the word "day' in genesis always must mean just 24 hours?.......they lie.

alanmolstad

so the YEC teachers that force an ending to the 7th day of Genesis are guilty of adding to the Word of God, as warned about in the book of Revelation?.........YES!!!!

alanmolstad

what was the only question you asked Mr Ken ham during your 8-week origins Bible cl***?.........I asked Ken at one point what was the first thing the Bible lists God created "In the beginning"?

what does the bible say is the first thing god created?.....the heavens

and the term "heavens" is the correct word to describe all the stars and our own sun?........yes, it is the single best word the writer on genesis could use to discribe the whole universe of stars and our own sun too.

alanmolstad

In the story of genesis, the order of the rise of lifeis said to be by some people to be different than what evolution teaches?......yes that is true

and so it may be true that the bible lists the order of life in a way that is different than what modern evolution lists the order of life?......Im not sure what current evolution teachers have as a listing in order, but the listing of the order in genesis is a moot point

the listing in genesis of the order of life is a moot point?.....yes

why can that be?......the answer is to remember that just because the bible talks about things happening in the land on one day does not mean that other things were not also happening at the same time , and in other places...

So what is listed in the bible is just what the writer wanted to list?...yes, it dos not mean for a second that the things listed were the only things going on at the time...

alanmolstad

so the listed order of life in genesis is a "moot point"?.....yes, in the context of thinking thats all that was going on its a moot point.

give me an example from the text to show what you mean?.....yes, just look at genesis 1; 11, 12 and 13 for example of what im saying.
    In that section of the story we are reading about things happening on the land.
    But this does not mean that nothing else was happening on the land too....
    The verse only lists what the writer wanted to list there....we cant think that 'thats all there was going on"

so when at genesis 1:11 it talks about things going on on the land, other things could also be going on?....yes...its not meant to be the full, complete list.

other things could be going on on the land?.....yes

and in the water?.....yes

and in the heavens?......yes

Evolution and genesis walk hand-in-hand.

Nothing about that is against Evolution...

Evolution is a natural law that god created..

But what is also true is that because the 7th Day has no ending yet in the bible

Alan does not defend evolution!

then dont ask me to pay any attention to you...I mean, why should I?

I dont make stuff up.
    You know why I dont make stuff up?...I DONT NEED TO!
    The Bible already supports everything I teach.....everything!

so we are in the 7th day?......yes that's all Im saying....

Double_facepalm-2.jpg

So all the DAYS of Enosh were nine hundred and five years; and he died.

alanmolstad

Double_facepalm-2.jpg

So all the DAYS of Enosh were nine hundred and five years; and he died.

So in Genesis the word "Day"can have an unknown amount of time it is talking about?.....Yes, many times we see the word "day"listed and we are not sure how long of time we are dealing with... It's kinda like saying to my kids, "Well back in my DAY things were different"....My use of the word "DAY" is singular its true,but Im not saying that things were different for just 24 hours...LOL

or like when the Bible talks about the "day of the Lord"... or "In that day..."..we are not talking about 24 hrs and then things go back to the way they were.

or like when a store says its open 6 "days"a week, we are not to understand it will only be open for the next 6 24 hour days, and then close forever...

so as we see, there is nothing in the Bible, in the story of genesis, or in real life that says the word "day" means only 24 hours....

Last edited by alanmolstad; 04-09-2016 at 03:41 AM.