Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Evolution does not stand up to biblical scrutiny

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Rev 22:15
    15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
    NKJV

And this has to do with evolution, EXACTLY HOW? Are you trying to claim evolution is what John intended when he wrote it?

HOW SAD is your eisegesis?

Evolution is A Lie. Those who promote it practice The Lie.

Why do You Insult Other Christians ?
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Alan, .... No one agrees with you.
    I don't care...

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Now let me take a moment to talk about what I teach the Text in the Bible supports.

I teach that the first thing the Bible lists that god created was the stars and all the other stuff out there in space, INCLUDING our own sun.

i
    if you doubt what Im saying is true?...then just ask me to show you where in the Bible what Im saying is taught.

if you doubt what Im saying is true?...then just ask me to show you where in the Bible what Im saying is taught.
    I did ask you. Where in the bible is it?

I don't care...
    Isn’t this the same dead message that a liberal parasite church wants the benefit of, to creep their way in, not sparing the flock?

After Jesus and the Spirit telling us, ,

“with God, all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26)
    Yet,
    “without faith, it is impossible to please Him” (Hebrews 11:6)

There’s many folks like Alan who have come so far to completely turn everything around for their own detriment.

Today, they’re idea of approaching the Holy Spirit "isn’t likely, and such lack of faith is still pleasing to God

See what I mean, and I emphasize, complete reversal. How nicely it works hand-in-hand with the above quote.

But Alan didn’t recognize that last comment of mine took and led him away like a child. The temptation to devourer was all Alan was concerned with, though most saw his response coming a mile off, proving what I suspected,; it isn't that you "don't care", it is that you hate the thought of the life of Christ as it is taught.

"Do you think that the scripture says in vain, The spirit that dwells in us lusts to envy?" (James 4:5)

Still don’t understand my words Alan? That’s alright, I have plenty who do. And aren't ever seeking and working to shrug the Holy Spirit’s ministry.

We love Him,

We expect from Him

We wait on, and many of us find Him daily,,,,,,,,,what a comfort He is! Amen!

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    I did ask you. Where in the bible is it?
    It's found at Genesis 1:1 (Hint: that's near the front of your Bible)

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

"In the beginning " (Beginning =at the start, before all other things)
    "God" (This is the person doing the action)
    "created" (this is the action taking place)
    "the heavens" ( all the things found in the day/night sky including the sun, the stars, the other worlds , and also the things we don't even know about or have names for yet)
    "and the earth" The earth is introduced into the Genesis story here and it now becomes the center of the Writer's story. Genesis is a story about this Earth, and it told from the stand point as we shall see of a person hovering just over the seas on this earth)

So lets put this all together then and go over what is being taught to us.
    What the Bible is teaching us is this:

The term "beginning" means the start of something, There is no such thing as something having two beginnings, There is no such thing as "One" being the "second first"...LOL
    This fact cant be denied.

That the very first thing the Bible lists as whats God created at the very start of his creation work was the "heavens".

The word "Heavens" can mean a few things in different situations but among the correct meanings found in the Bible for the term "Heavens" is the concept of all the stars and everything else that is found in the night sky.
    This fact cant be denied .

The sun is a star.
    This fact cant be denied .

So the Bible is telling us that the very first thing that God created at the beginning of the creation are the stars like our own sun.

So to conclude,
    You have asked where do I get the teaching that god created the stars like our own sun first (in agreement with what Science teaches by the way)?...The answer is "At Genesis 1:1"

next question?

alanmolstad

PS.....

and Im kinda sure that when I say "I don't care" it pretty much means that I simply don't care about it.

I don't give a darn....I don't have any feelings one way or the other about it...I'm completely indifferent to it...

It's the same when people insult me, for then too I simply don't care.

and I think you have seen clearly that I'm not in the slightest way distracted by it.

alanmolstad

If there are no questions then I would like to deal next with the rest of my teachings as listed on post #223.

I would like to go over each of the listed teachings in more detail

It's found at , , ,

next question?
    Who's question are you answering?

This is the question I still need answered.

As to whomever you intended this for, it is still the same,

Your comment is void from the purpose of the thread.

alanmolstad

[FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4]Who's question are you answering?

If at any point I teach something about the Genesis creation story that you doubt is supported by the Genesis text, just ask me, "Where does it say that?" and I will by happy to show you.

For I believe all that I teach on this or any other topic is fully supported by the bible.

I teach on this or any other topic is fully supported by the bible.
    My, how nice that sounds, to bad your "any" isn't what the Bible means when it says "any".

This is still the question that remains unanswered on this thread, thereby poisoning the purpose of "Biblical Scrutiny".

So, in review, all I got for my question is evasion. Surprise surprise, who would have guessed?

Gueeze! Surely, someone here recognizes a simple question when they see it?

alanmolstad

[FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4]My, how nice that sounds, to bad your "any" .....
    Well I cant tell you what i meant....

Any topic that i have taught on in connection with our main topic of Genesis and what is written in Genesis I would be more than happy to go over again with anyone interested...

But Im not at all interested in other diversions*...

And that the trouble is it not?...for I have seen over and over the the YEC teachers/websites/ and books seem to want to go off on tangents rather that confronting what the Bible says.

Oh how the YEC teachers love to get the conversation dragged down into endless debates over evolution and over DNA and over things like micro-this and Macro-that...
    But what you notice is that when a guy only wants to talk about what the bible says?...then all you get is pointless attacks and sidetracked.
    I saw the same with Ken Ham in person.

If a guy wants to ask a question about what the Bible says was the "First thing listed that god created in the beginning?"...all you get is the answer, "Well that might be what the Bible says, but it means something else"...and then they always go off on a pointless tangent that has nothing to do with Genesis 1:1.
    (An example:To ask questions that are not part of the Genesis text but are only based on their own personal views in an aim to side-track the discussion, ie,"Evolution is evil,why do you insult Christians by teaching evil?")

But Im only interested in reading what the Bible says...

Thats why i like to stick to only what is written about the creation in the Bible, and I dont allow myself to get dragged into endless debates over evolution.....

Nor do i allow myself to get dragged into arguments over personal matters best left off the open forum.

If a person whats to know some type of person question, best ask that in a "private message".

So sticking to the main point of our topic on Genesis, I shall now go on to talk about some things people might not have caught when they read the story.

The key to understanding why the earth is said to be in Darkness after the creation of the "heavens" (The sun and stars) we need to just look at *** 38 for our answer.

At *** 38 we see the bible talking about the same point in history that Genesis is dealing with.

At *** 38 we also see the reason why the Earth is said to be in "darkness"in Genesis...

The reason is given as thick clouds that god wrapped the early earth in.

Its that simple....

it was due to thick clouds.

* I totally ignore all smart-mouth junk that gets tossed my way that can only be a gateway to a lot of personal bickering and pointlessness.

Thus when a guy posts to me something like "Alan evolution is evil,why do you insult Christians and teach what is evil?" I just write that poster off as acting like a silly child and continue on without them as if they don't matter.

Because they dont matter, they are not part of my discussion.

I also dont give a darn if some poster whines that "Alan ignores my questions"if I also consider the guy's questions to be nothing but yet another silly sidetrack attempt.

Now about every night I get a lot of Personal Messages from people who drop by this website, see my posts,and want to know more about what Im saying.
    I try to answer such questions as best I can,while always sticking close to the text we see before us in Genesis at all times.

I also think its funny,yet disappointingly common to see how some people are so frustrated at not being able to out-debate me on the topic of Genesis, they they write to the Forum MODs in an effort to get them to come to their rescue.

My advice to such people?.....read your Bible more, then maybe you wont feel so helpless all the time
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 09-15-2016 at 05:24 AM.

“But Im only interested in reading what the Bible says”

“Because they dont matter, they are not part of my discussion.”
    Maybe you should have thought about that before walking into a thread bearing the ***le of “Biblical scrutiny”

It’s time to shed childishness and take responsibility man, answer the question directly

A narrow mind might attempting to convince himself he is in the right by staying narrow may think he’s right, , but with the effort you give to shudder God’s word from us proves it is not!

“Now about every night I get a lot of Personal Messages from people who drop by this website, see my posts,and want to know more about what Im saying.”
    Then they are right there with you ignoring the will of God brought to everyone from our wording.

The evasion continues.

What about the silence concerning God's will concerning this? Why do you continue to ignore them? Hello? It God's word, not man's as you like to think.

alanmolstad

answer the question directly

If anyone has a question about anything I have taught on the Genesis creation story, just ask and I will be happy to return to the issue and address it.

Now building on what I have been teaching on above...today I will talk about the 4th day,and the idea some in the YEC cult believe about it.

many YEC teachers will try to say that god did not make the stars until the 4th day.
    This idea goes totally against what science teaches us about the creation of the universe.
    The YEC teachings therefore run counter to modern science and this is why many of the best and brightest within the Christian church are being driven out due to the way some YEC teachers will attack such Christians as being "against the Bible" .

Well Im here to set the record straight!

The fact is, the Bible does not teach that God made the stars on the 4th day!

Yes, I know in your Bible it might "say" that, but what you will learn if you dig into this issue is that the idea that God also made the stars on the 4th day was added to the text and does not actually appear in the oldest Hebrew scriptures.>

To check on this, all you have to do is look at the text for the 4th day in a King James Version of the Bible.

The King James make use of little study helps that allow the student to see what words were added to the text...
    Some king James will put words in brackets [] or will write the added words in italic

By checking in the King James you will clearly see that the words teaching that God also made the stars on the 4td Day was added.

This is just a cold hard fact....The Bible does not say that God also made the stars on the 4th day at all !

and.....when you remove the added words,the Bible's original sentence at that point reads so much more better.
    The text is simply saying at that point that the "lessor light" will rule over the night and the stars also.

This fact cant be denied!

This fact cant be denied!
    Can a man brag against God's will?

Cherry pick my comment all you want to your own peril.

Alan attempts to throw attention away from God’s will stating that the whole thing is that man has the problem here that keeps getting in the way.

Let’s see now, what could possibly go wrong avoiding God’s will as we presented?

Furthermore, what could possibly be wrong with desperately trying to cover one’s tracks while running away from that presentation?

Now just so it is clear who goes on record for teaching the WHOLE councel of God.

“For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.” (Acts 20:27)

What teaching would poor misguided souls lean to; snippet interpretation, or “all the counsel”?

Now it can correctly be asked in this thread:

If anyone has a question about anything I have taught on the Genesis creation story, just ask and I will be happy to return to the issue and address it.

Not some snippet-mister who refuses to defend the position from, lookout – “BIBLICAL SCRUTINY”.

He loves to run a piece with you till it gets too hot in the kitchen, then its “head for tall gr***, I can’t take it anymore”, WAAAAAAAAAH!

Does anyone not love the word of God anymore? Does not anyone believe in it’s IITimothy 3:16 profitability anymore?

What happened to the friendlier aids of the lexicon, cross-reference and concordance? Do we now pick and choose what p***ages permit open exposure to other p***ages. That sir is the true “hand-in-hand, when you find God spoke through holy men of God by the Holy Spirit.

No proper student of Bible study even think of contravening II Peter 1:20 for any portion of scripture. Alan sees no problem there.

Stubbornness shows up upon the doorstep of opportunity to lure away from all such sound teaching tools. Disgusting, don’t you think, to stray from the ***ertion pointed out from God’s word?

Yeah yeah, it’s back to your unsubstantiated Genesis perversion. Oh sorry, formula to you, perversion to those you upset.

Gonna fix that right up again with your Genesis trumpet? Ain’t nobody gonna cause Alan to lose composure over other reason or scripture.

Com’n Alan, you’re the epitome of Bible-soundness, what is the danger of mis-handling the scriptures? Better yet, tell us, what are the dangers of false teaching?

Can you even say these words that you refuse. Say them one at a time, ,

False Teaching

Private Interpretation

God’s Will

Each one of those are directly related to each other. Now it’s plain you want to maintain you are showing God’s will in Genesis and no more. But we know why you don’t say that, because you can’t explain why Genesis ONLY. Because that just isn’t how it works, which everyone is aware.

So to make it easy on you since you are so easily upset that I intrude with the additionals, ,

Why Genesis only?

alanmolstad

you know....if you take away all the personal stuff above...not much is left.

I'm just saying....

not much is left. I'm just saying....
    Would you mind telling me something new concerning your view of God's will?

It’s called God’s will.

Learn it,

Love it,

Live it.

Aka, Christianity.

Go ahead, say it, it won't hurt!!!!!

alanmolstad

Would you mind telling me something new concerning your view of God's will?
    as it is connected to the creation story as recorded in Genesis?

ok.....Ummm....

I do believe that the writer of the Genesis account has clearly made a very big deal about the way he wrote such clear and easy to find endings to the first 6 days of the creation week...and that fact points us to the other clear intention we see in the writer's mind as to this lack of any ending in the Genesis story to the 7th day!

I believe this was no accident!
    ...I dont believe that this lack of any ending to the 7th day in any part of the whole bible is an accident!...
    I believe it is only due to the direct inspiration of the Lord (His "will").

Now to many Bible students this fact is unknown to them,,,and thus our duty to stand up and teach the next generation what the Bible says so that truth can be p***ed on to them...

If you had a verse in Genesis that you wanted me to look at?...or if there is anything I have taught on concerning genesis?...then I can check out that verse or that post

alanmolstad

Genesis 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

This is where the earth's water came from that is talked about at the start of the Genesis story .....

This also is why I believe that the earth was created as a dead and DRY world ...much as science also teaches...

If you had a verse in Genesis that you wanted me to look at?...or if there is anything I have taught on concerning genesis?...then I can check out that verse or that post
    You're forgetting something. So can Jude1:3 and Disciple.

But when someone wishes to prop themselves against others, why not just come out and say it - you don't interest yourself with other Christians?

alanmolstad

You're forgetting something. So can Jude1:3 and Disciple.

But when someone wishes to prop themselves against others, why not just come out and say it - you don't interest yourself with other Christians?
    Like I said....I write on this topic only because it is of interest to me...

I like to dig deeper into what I believe because in many cases I have yet to take the time to put down in writing what I believe,and it really helps a person to be able to organize heartfelt feelings in such a manner that allows them to be recorded in written form.

But, as to some guests to this site and my views of them?......lets just say that Im always open to review anything I have written here to them, but I sometimes feel like I'm the only adult in the room at times....

I like to dig deeper into what I believe because in many cases I have yet to take the time to put down in writing what I believe,

I sometimes feel like I'm the only adult in the room at times....
    I got news, rudeness is no sign of maturity.

Neither is running away from God’s will a sign of depth.

Can’t quite force the truth out can you, but tell me it isn’t so, ,

You are concerned for God’s will shown by biblical scrutiny.