Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Evolution does not stand up to biblical scrutiny

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Where did the earth come from?
    Genesis 1:1....

In the beginning = before anything else...at the very start...the 1st thing

God= the who, the person doing the what.

created = the action, the work, the "what" that happening

the heavens = stars, but not just the stars, but this term is also correct to talk about all the galaxies and worlds and black holes, and dust, and comets, and all the other stuff....this is listed as being the first thing that is created in this universe, and the single correct word in the Bible to talk about all this stuff up there, is "the heavens"

and the earth = listed 2nd it becomes the center of the rest of the story. The book of Genesis is about a book of this earth,,,its an earth-centered story....It may also be interesting to note that science tells us that worlds such as our earth are actually created out of the left-overs of other dying stars,,,and it is interesting that the earth is listed after the heavens in the genesis account as well.

That is where the Bible says the earth is from at Genesis 1:1

alanmolstad

next question?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Genesis 1:1....

In the beginning = before anything else...at the very start...the 1st thing

God= the who, the person doing the what.

created = the action, the work, the "what" that happening

the heavens = stars, but not just the stars, but this term is also correct to talk about all the galaxies and worlds and black holes, and dust, and comets, and all the other stuff....this is listed as being the first thing that is created in this universe, and the single correct word in the Bible to talk about all this stuff up there, is "the heavens"

and the earth = listed 2nd it becomes the center of the rest of the story. The book of Genesis is about a book of this earth,,,its an earth-centered story....It may also be interesting to note that science tells us that worlds such as our earth are actually created out of the left-overs of other dying stars,,,and it is interesting that the earth is listed after the heavens in the genesis account as well.

That is where the Bible says the earth is from at Genesis 1:1
    It was on this matter of what the Bible says God created first that i raised my only question with Ken Ham.

Back at that time (I have no idea what he teaches now) Ken pushed the idea that God created a "light' first even before he created a known source for that light.

I totally rejected that idea...

I find Ken's idea about that runs counter to the text of the Bible.

I also found that the people that try to defend that false teaching always end up needing to invent their own new ideas and all sorts of new ways to twist things to make the bible fit with their views.

I just read Gen 1:1 and say, "Amen"

My way is simpler and correct.