Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution does not stand up to biblical scrutiny

May God grant me repentance for over-displaying love’s trampled pearls?

“But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels.” (II Tim 2:23)

I would have been better off listening to God in the first place,

Like He said, sometimes, no matter what you say to some people, “, , they will not be persuaded.” (Luke 16:31)

Why do we listen to other verses on this topic, because we love God..

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching.” (John 14:23-24)

Anyone who loves God has entered a new phase in life, and become aware of what the flesh likes to do,

“You were taught, , to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires.” (Ephesians 4:22)

“By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.” (1 John 3:8-10)

To say we practice righteousness, and say we love our brother is not enough, we must abide by and be known by those traits to avoid living in hypocrisy before God. And we don’t willingly fall prey to things held in question by many Christians,

“My son, do not walk in the way with them; hold back your foot from their paths.” (Proverbs 1:15)

“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door” (Luke 13:24-27)

To turn from contemplating the advice of Christians is entirely foolhardy and dangerous,

“Those who trust their own insight are foolish, but anyone who walks in wisdom is safe.” (Proverbs 28:26)

“To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. “ (Proverbs 8:13)

“We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.” (John 9:31)

If we abide by His will, there will not be a pattern of un-willingness to discuss all ***ociated points of instruction concerning that will. A person who tells you to avoid discussion from the word expressing strong reasoning for, OR against any topic is a deceiver.

Again, if a person avoids scriptures that safeguard the race we run in Christ, that person is a deceiver!

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Quote by Thomas Paine;
    “To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture. Enjoy, sir, your insensibility of feeling and reflecting. It is the prerogative of animals.”
    Right on, and hello Disciple!

I was sorry to learn Mr Paine didn't enjoy the fruits of his brilliance upon p***ing from this life.

One of his closest friends, Mr B. Franklin I think abandoned him much too soon.

alanmolstad

still ducking my question eh MichaellS ?....

alanmolstad

the key teaching of the YEC cult is the idea that God created a "light" way before he created a source for that light to come from.
    This forced the YEC teachers to come up with all kinds of reasons for the light to be.
    All these reasons have no known way that science can support them, nor do we see their so-called "source-less light"in our world today.

So right off the bat the too-trusting Bible student is forced into a corner that demands that they either deny the world of science, or deny the bible.

However, there is good news!

I bring good news to the Bible students of the world, for Im here to say that if you just go back and read the text of the bible, and believe it as written, then you dont need to abandon science or your faith.

You can believe that science is doing a fine *** at learning truths about early Earth history, and you can have faith that we live in a world totally created by a loving God.

alanmolstad

the teaching I bring only requires that the Bible student read and trust the bible as written.

An example: when the Bible tells us at Genesis 1:1 that god created the "Heavens" first in the beginning, we are to read it and believe it as written.

We dont need to twist some other false teaching into the verse..

The verse reads just fine...

If anyone reading this would like more information on what Im teaching here, just send me a private Message and I will be very happy to answer any questions about how the Story of Genesis works well with the teachings of Evolution.

Pick One:

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    the Story of Genesis works well with the teachings of Evolution.
    OR

I do not defend evolution, nor do I teach it...

OR

You can't have both Alan.
    Last edited by jude1:3; 08-12-2016 at 11:39 PM.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

alanmolstad

Young earth creationism is a wrong teaching and is evil.
    You can't serve God and serve the devil

Yep, confusing enough for me, all confusion seeping from the annals of support for evolution. I wouldn't be surprised that it isn't just a seeping from, what often goes un-noticed is the dependency on a certain amount of confusion. And what we now have going on is the difference between the deceitful desires vs those who inspect as God expects from His people.

I am still a searcher who wants to know truth, for I don’t know as I ought. Somebody help me gain truth from all this bickering. What? Oh thank God for the Apostle Paul,

“God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.” (1 Corinthians 14:33)

Are you ready ladies and gentlemen? Let the hordes of tradition seekers come and sneer and take my life if need be if that is the sum total within their heart, it cannot touch the faith of those who follow the righteous, Jesus Christ.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    [FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4]Yep,...]
    nope...you don't get to play until you answer your Genesis 1:1 question

nope...you don't get to play until you answer your Genesis 1:1 question
    My goodness how accurate you are, it is no fun at all to fellowship with others at your expense. But that’s alright, I didn’t expect it to be too noticeable even when someone verbalizes it for you. It’s just that same self-induced cage you’ve subjected yourself to, and a supreme shame to this ENTIRE THREAD!

alanmolstad

for those of you just joining us,I have asked MichaellS a question about Genesis 1:1

The question is this:
    "What does the Bible say at Genesis 1:1 is the very first thing God created "In the beginning?"

Now you may be asking yourself, "That seems like a very easy to answer question out of the text, so whats the deal?...why does not MichaellS answer it?"
    And you are correct it is a very easy question to answer as to answer it you simply quote the text as written. God did not hide the truth kids...

But the reluctance to answer this question is not based out of confusion as to what the answer is, rather any person that believes the Young Earth Creationism (YEC) sack of lies will look at this question and worry that if they answer it truthfully they totally undercut their own words and teachings on this matter.

You see kids, the Bible even at the very start,even at Genesis 1:1 undercuts the whole set of YEC teachings! and the teachers of YEC recognize this danger to their views if they attempt answering my question.

But I will pose this question to them to openly show the YEC teachings to be what they are...."chicken"...they are afraid to deal honestly with what the Text of the Bible says at Genesis 1:1, so they run from it and attempt to change the topic and flee from being caught unable to answer even the first verse of the Bible.

And its just not MichaellS here that is unable to answer my Genesis 1:1 question.

The high and mighty of the YEC teachers have also failed to be able to give me any answer to my question.
    (Thats right kids, Im talking about Mr Ken Ham himself was asked this same question by me, in-person, during his 8-week ORIGINS cl*** that I attended)

So that is why I dont ever expect a average believer in the cult of the YEC teachings to answer my question....

They only have their YEC videos and websites to get all their teachings from, and the best they are able to manage when dealing with my question is to all just dodge the question the same way MichaellS does here, the same way Ken Ham did in front of me personally.

YEC is not a teaching that is based out of the Bible, and thats why when you go after a person that trusts in the YEC teachings with a Bible question they flee from it ....
    They cant handle any Bible-based questions as that would require they find a bible-based answer....

and there are no Bible-based answers in YEC..

and never were....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 08-13-2016 at 07:03 AM.

There you go at the same blather, denying the Christ (by denying His words) is a serious affair. Don’t be deceived.

blath·er
    verb
    1. talk long-windedly without making very much sense.

Why won’t I deal with your question? Not for the reason you conclude, the real reason for me went the other way long ago. The real reason I won’t deal with your question rest solely on this reason that has nothing to do with YEC teaching at all. It has to do with the MORE IMPORTANT REASON.

What is more important to Alan is obvious. But I’m not interested in,

somewhat important,
    kind of important,
    pretty important,
    very important,
    or m***ively important

Alan’s view of importance here isn’t among any of these. Alan wishes to drop everything pertaining to following the Christ on this subject for the top priority, the young earth teaching. Everything included referencing the Bible dealing with this very thing which amounts to following the Christ, Alan willingly dissed on over and over.

Is the reader willing to drop all other related p***ages for a mentality in bondage to any number of confusing entries of evolution? The reader is likely no child to be so foolish, but knows and understands, better to trust in the Lord, than one’s own insights. That is done by bringing it into the light of exposure.

This exposure has throughout this thread riddle with ambiguous responses from Alan’s inability to answer clearly. That is the results of nurturing one’s own insights not based in the entire will of God found in the entire word of God.

Conclusion, resistant insight vs the word of God (all). The reader will most likely choose the safe choice.

alanmolstad

for those of you just joining us,I have asked MichaellS a question about Genesis 1:1

The question is this:
    "What does the Bible say at Genesis 1:1 is the very first thing God created "In the beginning?"

Now that we have seen the question asked again and again,and we have watched the many people flee from answering it out of fear of undercutting their position,we should now take a moment to answer this question abut what is being taught at Genesis 1:1

So lets ask the question once again, and then answer it!

QUESTION : At Genesis 1:1 what does the bible say is the first thing god created "In the beginning"?

ANSWER:"In the beginning,God created the Heavens and the earth"

There, that was not so hard now was it?

But to back this idea up the person new to this topic might ask me for more information to counter the lies told by the teachers of YEC...so I will do a search now and give you a link to more reading on this matter...

Stay Tuned!

alanmolstad

"Genesis 1:1

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

Volumes have been written about the first verse of Genesis. There are a two main interpretations of what this verse really means. Some say that the verse is a summary of the rest of the Genesis creation account. Others say that the verse represents the first creative act of God. How can we tell which interpretation is correct?
    Day 1

The answer is really quite simple - keep reading! Reading Genesis 1:1 or any other Bible verse outside its context is one of the worst things that a person can do.2 When we look at Genesis 1:2,3 we see that it begins with the conjunction "and." This fact immediately tells us that Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 are part of one continuous thought. Remove the period at the end of Genesis 1:1 and read it as originally intended:

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was formless and void...

Holman QuickSource Guide to Understanding CreationThe conjunction at the beginning of Genesis 1:2 tells us that Genesis 1:1 is not a summary of the creation account! This verse is a factual statement of what God did at the beginning of the first day. There are other context clues that tell us that this is not a summary statement. If we continue reading the Genesis creation account, we come to the real summary at the end (Genesis 2:1).4 It would be superfluous to have a second summary at the beginning. As we continue to read Genesis one, we will notice how succinct the creation account really is.

So, we conclude that the text claims that God created the heavens and earth on the first day. What do the heavens consist of? Stars, galaxies, etc. So, we know that God created, at minimum, the stars and the earth. Actually, the Hebrew phrase translated "heaven and earth" refer to the entire created universe. Some people claim that God created the earth first and that the rest of the heavenly bodies were created later. However, we are led to contemplate why God said that He created the "heavens and the earth." To accept this interpretation, we would have to say that God created "nothing" and the earth. If God had only created the earth, the Genesis 1:1 would have said, "In the beginning God created the earth." So, we can safely say that God created the entire heavens and earth at the beginning of the first creation day."

http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth/genesis1.html

Young earth creationism is a wrong teaching and is evil.
    You can't serve God and serve the devil

Last edited by jude1:3; 08-14-2016 at 01:47 AM.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

alanmolstad

So, we conclude that the text claims that God created the heavens and earth on the first day. What do the heavens consist of? Stars, galaxies, etc. So, we know that God created, at minimum, the stars and the earth.

Actually, the Hebrew phrase translated "heaven and earth" refer to the entire created universe.

Some people claim that God created the earth first and that the rest of the heavenly bodies were created later.

However, we are led to contemplate why God said that He created the "heavens and the earth."

To accept this interpretation, we would have to say that God created "nothing" and the earth.

If God had only created the earth, the Genesis 1:1 would have said, "In the beginning God created the earth."

So, we can safely say that God created the entire heavens and earth at the beginning of the first creation day."

I think the above quote is the most close to the very same things I have been saying all this time!

Great minds do think alike I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    Woe. Our resident evolutionists will either confirm or deny this with the following response.

But the pattern to avoid this danger is stunning. We shouldn't marvel when someone falls into this, only do as the Lord instructed. As in previous statements.

Double-woe! Did you see that J-3? While it is not confirmation, for an evolutionist to bail upon the released information of demonic ties is definitely a red-flag!!!

“A man deserves a second chance, but keep an eye on him.” – J. Wayne

Alan ran away from the thread.

Back in October of 2013, Ravi Zacharias, chief editor of Walter Martin’s book, Kingdom of the Cults said the greatest lie facing today’s culture is in fact, “The Death of Truth and the Decline of Culture”.

The death of truth is to turn from the bible, this much we know; and the decline of culture is when we replace that turn with tradition, which Jesus condemned.

Ravi continued,

“Evolution cannot be a theory of ultimate origins, it’s operation presupposes the existence of certain en***ies with specific potential behaviors and an environment of some specific kind that operates upon those en***ies in some specifically ordered fashion. The type of structure found in evolution did not itself come through evolution.”

We have responded with the truth to support this over the course of many post here. And it works hand-in-hand with Ravi’s comment that’s worth repeating I think, “Evolution cannot be a theory of ultimate origins”.

Those of us who have become accustom to the scriptures can see why he said that for a host of reasons. Unfortunately for those who don’t have that type of grounding will find it difficult to weigh from two opposing views. To those who aren’t that well equipped in the word will see this as just another argument of opinion. But if they are following close, will see, those here who oppose evolution don’t let ourselves fall prey to imagination contrary to God’s truth. That leads to more and more confusion.

But I do have another certain confusion here, and it does not stop with those espousing a faith in Jesus while holding on to evolution doing everything they can to avoid the all-encomp***ing truth, my misunderstanding continues over this web-site bearing the Christian apologist’s name (Walter Martin) and permit themselves (owner/moderator) to host the demonic teaching of evolution? I say host, as in allowing it to permeate with no regard to the scriptures that just corrected it. That serves as a breach of honor to the will of God.

This just doesn’t make sense how after this teaching is solidly crushed by the truth, yet is allowed the welcome mat is wrong and leads one to question the spiritual condition at the helm. Is Walter Martin Forums today wanting to establish a new precedence? Is it wanting to now be known as a bible discussion board of moral relativist’s, seeking personal ambitions over the most important reason of the Christian faith? Even their own editor of Kingdom of the Cults would avoid being kept from publicly announcing aspects of His truth, a personal relationship with Jesus while condoning evolution. He would find it, impossible!

“Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching.” (John 14:24) - Jesus

It's just what people do. So if we don’t listen, how can we obey, and if we don’t obey, how can we love, and if we don’t love Him, we go to hell.

"If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus, he is to be accursed. Maranathat." (I Corinthians 16:22)

There’s your cult.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    Alan ran away from the thread.
    I had car problems in Fargo today...so I was not really in the mood for posting here.

I am however still looking to see if my Genesis 1:1 question has been answered yet?

alanmolstad

the key teaching of the YEC cult is the idea that God created a "light" way before he created a source for that light to come from.
    This forced the YEC teachers to come up with all kinds of reasons for the light to be.
    All these reasons have no known way that science can support them, nor do we see their so-called "source-less light"in our world today.

So right off the bat the too-trusting Bible student is forced into a corner that demands that they either deny the world of science, or deny the bible.

However, there is good news!

I bring good news to the Bible students of the world, for Im here to say that if you just go back and read the text of the bible, and believe it as written, then you dont need to abandon science or your faith.

You can believe that science is doing a fine *** at learning truths about early Earth history, and you can have faith that we live in a world totally created by a loving God.

I had car problems in Fargo today...so I was not really in the mood for posting here.

I'm glad you're back in the thread.

alanmolstad

I always ask people that if I ever say anything on this topic that they dont think I have support for in the Bible, they should ask me to list the bible verse that teaches what im saying?

I always ask people that if I ever say anything on this topic that they dont think I have support for in the Bible, they should ask me to list the bible verse that teaches what im saying?

You have been given several verses from the Bible from other posters that you have chosen to ignore.