Thread: Just Another Cult

Default Just Another Cult

We shouldn’t be surprised at false brethren approving of evolution, there have been elements attempting to distract the Church since the times of the Apostles themselves.

“But it was because of the false brethren, , to bring us into bondage.” (Galatians 2:4)
    Just as I and others have shown on this subject recently thru out the thread “Calling evolution "theistic" dosen't make it true”, , evolution departs from the faith.

“Now the Spirit manifestly saith, that in the last times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to spirits of error” (I Timothy 4:1)
    Sorry (for those who may be new and frustrated with some of our speech), the above reflects the failure of successfully finding God’s specific will for one’s life, such as when Christians living in the Spirit maintains accurate vigilance, fervent faith and the discovery of peace all at once.

As it is written,

“without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6)
    But I was dumb to his will and would have transferred this to my own design, into my own choice, , BIG MISTAKE!!!!

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD.” (Isaiah 55:8)
    But I was pretty much blind to convolute every scripture I saw and susceptible to even consider evolution if the opportunity arose. I used to walk dumb, blind and ears shut to the truth. The type who would be a sitting duck for such contempt against the fuller precepts handed down to us.

But I found mercy even while in that dumb state. And I’m thinking by no accident, but through praying family members till God made away for me to “get knowledge”.

My goodness, to think I could have made a career as one of the stupidest bible handlers (if convinced I was Christian) on earth. In effect are telling their fawning admirers,

“Yes, yes, the Gospels and Epistles are important, but ignore that for now”

How utterly blind to the fact of this lie that is erected, OR, how utterly despicable for them to secretly rise up within Christianity while using it as a front to proselytize lost souls to said error

But as I asked a poster the other day, what if I didn’t have enough scripture to “light my path”, what would have been my shield to ward off evil then? I believe the prayers of the saints are what we have as defense. And not just for the newer convert, but praying for all just as the Lord said to if we are His:

“My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it." (Luke 8:21)

"Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." (Luke 11:28)

Mike.

So True, And when you realize that the first people to even come up with these ideas were evil men it all starts to make sense.

To say that evolution is compatible with scripture or that evolution had a role in creation is adding to God’s word, which is of course unnecessary and dangerous.

“I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.” Rev 22:18-19

“He that adds to the word of God draws down upon himself all the plagues written in this book; and he who takes any thing away from it cuts himself off from all the promises and privileges of it. This sanction is like a flaming sword, to guard the canon of the scripture from profane hands. Such a fence as this God set about the law (Deut. 4:2), and the whole Old Testament (Mal. 4:4), and now in the most solemn manner about the whole Bible, ***uring us that it is a book of the most sacred nature, divine authority, and of the last importance, and therefore the peculiar care of the great God”
    Matthew Henry’s Commentary on Rev. 22:18-19