Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Mormons Worship Hindu gods

Default When Mormons Worship Hindu gods

Several years ago the Hindu Hare Krishna sect built a temple called the Sri Sri Rhada Krishna temple in Sandy Fork, Utah. Interestingly, the Mormons (about 4,000 volunteers apparently) helped the Hindus build the temple and the Mormon cult contributed a considerable amount of money to its building. Knowing that both the Hindus and Mormons are poltheists (believe in many gods), helps one comprehend this bizarre ***ociation of Mormons and Hindus.

But, apparently the ***ociation didn't end there. As this video shot at the temple demonstrates, Mormons in Utah particpate in Hindu celebrations, and bring their kids along:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfZq...53eSkS3ovVT2yP

The Salt Lake Tribune, speaking of this particular Hindu celebration (although it may not be the same one on the video) stated:

"The young Mormons happily chanted "Hare Rama, Hare Krishna," the god the festival celebrates, but the Hindu student says she would be "surprised if those youngsters really knew what the festival was all about."

These kinds of borrowings don't trouble Indra Neelameggham, a Hindu who worships at the Sri Ganesha Temple in South Jordan.

"This festival has no religious significance. There are no prayers or no special services connected with it," she says. "It has evolved in India — particularly in the south — over the years and now is mostly about tourism and marketing — like Christmas or Halloween."

Das does sense spirituality in it, but of a more universal nature.

"We consider that when you chant the name of God, God is personally present," he says. "Even a person who comes for the first time with a less-than-serious at***ude is likely to feel something they just don't feel in other areas." (source: http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?...s-sri.html.csp)

Well folks, if you want to attract demons, and Hindu gods are demons, just start chanting to them, and teach your children to do likewise. How incredibly astray does some Mormon have to be to allow their children to come under such demonic influence. Reminds me of Moloch worship.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Several years ago the Hindu Hare Krishna sect built a temple called the Sri Sri Rhada Krishna temple in Sandy Fork, Utah. Interestingly, the Mormons (about 4,000 volunteers apparently) helped the Hindus build the temple and the Mormon cult contributed a considerable amount of money to its building. Knowing that both the Hindus and Mormons are poltheists (believe in many gods), helps one comprehend this bizarre ***ociation of Mormons and Hindus.

But, apparently the ***ociation didn't end there. As this video shot at the temple demonstrates, Mormons in Utah particpate in Hindu celebrations, and bring their kids along:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfZq...53eSkS3ovVT2yP

The Salt Lake Tribune, speaking of this particular Hindu celebration (although it may not be the same one on the video) stated:

"The young Mormons happily chanted "Hare Rama, Hare Krishna," the god the festival celebrates, but the Hindu student says she would be "surprised if those youngsters really knew what the festival was all about."

These kinds of borrowings don't trouble Indra Neelameggham, a Hindu who worships at the Sri Ganesha Temple in South Jordan.

"This festival has no religious significance. There are no prayers or no special services connected with it," she says. "It has evolved in India — particularly in the south — over the years and now is mostly about tourism and marketing — like Christmas or Halloween."

Das does sense spirituality in it, but of a more universal nature.

"We consider that when you chant the name of God, God is personally present," he says. "Even a person who comes for the first time with a less-than-serious at***ude is likely to feel something they just don't feel in other areas." (source: http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?...s-sri.html.csp)

Well folks, if you want to attract demons, and Hindu gods are demons, just start chanting to them, and teach your children to do likewise. How incredibly astray does some Mormon have to be to allow their children to come under such demonic influence. Reminds me of Moloch worship.
    In the LDS church, the 13th Article of Faith reads: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

I am beginning to realize what a blessing it is to seek after the good in others. So sad when people spend their time trying to find any speck of dirt they kind find with others.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    In the LDS church, the 13th Article of Faith reads: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

I am beginning to realize what a blessing it is to seek after the good in others. So sad when people spend their time trying to find any speck of dirt they kind find with others.
    Seeking the good in others is worshipping false gods? I can't believe you said that? What was the punishment in Israel for idolatry?
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Seeking the good in others is worshipping false gods? I can't believe you said that? What was the punishment in Israel for idolatry?
    Are you asking question or making a statement? Are you stating that seeking the good in others is worshiping a false god?

Luk 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Jhn 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Are you asking question or making a statement? Are you stating that seeking the good in others is worshiping a false god?

Luk 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Jhn 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.
    Participating in a celebration of pagan gods is like going to a high place and worshiping Baal. If that's what you want to do, and teach your children to do, then you are participating in paganism, and trying to justify it by looooooooooooooooooooooooooove. There are consequences for worshiping Baal subs***utes, you'll see.

Participating in a celebration of pagan gods is like going to a high place and worshiping Baal. If that's what you want to do, and teach your children to do, then you are participating in paganism, and trying to justify it by looooooooooooooooooooooooooove. There are consequences for worshiping Baal subs***utes, you'll see.
    Having a Christmas tree is a pagan tradition. Half of what we do is based on pagan tradition. These traditions do not mean we worship pagan gods. My Christmas tree does not mean I do not recognize Christ as the center or Christmas.

My point was--if someone wants their children to understand and see another culture, this is not paganism. This is education. It does not harm us to help others. The Taliban and other groups think that their way of "saving" themselves is to kill off anyone who does not think like them. Learning about others and being accepting does not mean rejecting your own beliefs.

Having a Christmas tree is a pagan tradition. Half of what we do is based on pagan tradition. These traditions do not mean we worship pagan gods. My Christmas tree does not mean I do not recognize Christ as the center or Christmas.

My point was--if someone wants their children to understand and see another culture, this is not paganism. This is education. It does not harm us to help others. The Taliban and other groups think that their way of "saving" themselves is to kill off anyone who does not think like them. Learning about others and being accepting does not mean rejecting your own beliefs.
    Christians don't chant to a Christmas tree, which is not a pagan god. Look, there's no excuse for the blatant disobedience to God's warning not to worship false idols........I cannot believe that anybody who has read any of the Bible would try to defend Krishna worship. I can only believe that somehow in your own mind you are able to reconcile idol worshp and Mormonism - and I'm not shocked. Mormonism is a form of idolatry.

Shame!

Christians don't chant to a Christmas tree, which is not a pagan god. Look, there's no excuse for the blatant disobedience to God's warning not to worship false idols........I cannot believe that anybody who has read any of the Bible would try to defend Krishna worship. I can only believe that somehow in your own mind you are able to reconcile idol worshp and Mormonism - and I'm not shocked. Mormonism is a form of idolatry.

Shame!
    I am not defending chanting to a false god, I am defending teaching our children about the culture and religious beliefs of others.

Your accusation is the equivalent of watching someone sing "O Tannenbaum" and then accusing them of worshiping their Christmas tree. You're really stretching here to find the mote in another's eye.

I am not defending chanting to a false god, I am defending teaching our children about the culture and religious beliefs of others.

Your accusation is the equivalent of watching someone sing "O Tannenbaum" and then accusing them of worshiping their Christmas tree. You're really stretching here to find the mote in another's eye.

How obtuse! The children were chanting to false gods along with their parents. Is that how you "teach" them. Is there nothing whatsoever that the cult does that you will not tolerate? I taught my children to recognize false teachers, teachings, and cults - I have no speck in my eye in that regard my dear!

How obtuse! The children were chanting to false gods along with their parents. Is that how you "teach" them. Is there nothing whatsoever that the cult does that you will not tolerate? I taught my children to recognize false teachers, teachings, and cults - I have no speck in my eye in that regard my dear!
    Did you also teach them that drinking too much alcohol can change the way your face looks? Or that typing in all bold comes across as screaming

Yodas_Prodigy

I don't think Apologette is trying to speak horribly about people. I think the poster is trying to show a serious weakness in the LDS religion. In the Bible, we are taught to worship one God and not to give place to any other god.

"You shall have no other gods before me."

To help the Hindus out in building their worship center is to give credence to their religion and their gods. There are better ways to be neighborly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post
    I don't think Apologette is trying to speak horribly about people. I think the poster is trying to show a serious weakness in the LDS religion. In the Bible, we are taught to worship one God and not to give place to any other god.

"You shall have no other gods before me."

To help the Hindus out in building their worship center is to give credence to their religion and their gods. There are better ways to be neighborly.
    We believe this as well. Helping another is not to show "credence to their religion" just as Christ talking to the Samaritan women at the well did not make her a Jew.

Did you also teach them that drinking too much alcohol can change the way your face looks? Or that typing in all bold comes across as screaming
    My children have no problems with alcohol - unlike many Mormons who I know who are addicted because they had no cultural understanding of the use of alcohol. What ethnic group has the least problem with alcohol? It's Jews. They learn to use it properly within their culture. When a Mormon starts using it, he has no cultural boundaries, and many become terrible drunks. The worst drunk I encountered working was a Mormon.

However, we don't teach our children to worship false gods unless we want them to be guilty of flagrantly sinning against God.....but, since Mormons don't believe in the Biblical God anyway, I can see why it is so easy for them to lapse into idol worship and teach their children to do likewise.

My children have no problems with alcohol - unlike many Mormons who I know who are addicted because they had no cultural understanding of the use of alcohol. What ethnic group has the least problem with alcohol? It's Jews. They learn to use it properly within their culture. When a Mormon starts using it, he has no cultural boundaries, and many become terrible drunks. The worst drunk I encountered working was a Mormon.

However, we don't teach our children to worship false gods unless we want them to be guilty of flagrantly sinning against God.....but, since Mormons don't believe in the Biblical God anyway, I can see why it is so easy for them to lapse into idol worship and teach their children to do likewise.
    I wasn't talking about your children. My comment was more to the description of those who drink heavily--their faces turn red and their noses grow--much like President Clinton, Tip O'Neil and Winston Churchill. I said nothing about alcoholism.

I believe in God as described in the Bible. Quit telling me what I do or not believe. You are so wrong in so many areas and have been doing this for so long and have been corrected on it so many times, you must know you are bearing false witness against another.

Yodas_Prodigy

We believe this as well. Helping another is not to show "credence to their religion" just as Christ talking to the Samaritan women at the well did not make her a Jew.
    The LDS in this story were helping Hindus make a place of worship, Correct?

The Samaritan woman example is an apples and oranges attempt. Jesus led the Samaritan woman to a right relationship with YHWH... He converted her... He did not leave her in he lostness...

I don't think Apologette is trying to speak horribly about people.
    you may be right. some people can do it without even trying
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

and they have helped baptists repair their place of worship, too. was that a sin? do the Mormons need to repent of Having too much charity?

the bible says that charity is greater than both faith and hope. imagine how awesome this world would be, if everyone had a lot more of it.
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

Yodas_Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    and they have helped baptists repair their place of worship, too. was that a sin? do the Mormons need to repent of Having too much charity?
    I think if I were a strict biblical religious person, yes, even helping the Baptists would be wrong.

Charity is fine when it comes to feeding, clothing, protecting, and medicating those in need. It is not fine when it comes to helping someone worship false gods.

MickeyS

I'm sorry, did you just say abstinence only is a poor way to teach your children against harmful behavior and substances??

Did you teach your children to practice sexual abstinence before getting married, or did you sit them down and tell them all their options like Planned Parenthood does so they can have a "cultural understanding" of sex in our society?

If you taught your children abstinence only....did they turn out to be sexual degenerates when they were adults because they had no understanding of sex in their formative years?

Really?? Wow...that's solid logic there...

But hey, as long as you knew a drunk who happened to be Mormon....you're the expert...

MickeyS

I think if I were a strict biblical religious person, yes, even helping the Baptists would be wrong.

Charity is fine when it comes to feeding, clothing, protecting, and medicating those in need. It is not fine when it comes to helping someone worship false gods.
    No offense to you at all, but I find it frustrating that Mormons are painted as being highly intolerant of the beliefs of others...and now we're too tolerant.

It truly seems this is a perfect example of how no matter what we do, someone will use it to "prove" we are unGodly.

Interesting.

Yodas_Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    No offense to you at all, but I find it frustrating that Mormons are painted as being highly intolerant of the beliefs of others...and now we're too tolerant.

It truly seems this is a perfect example of how no matter what we do, someone will use it to "prove" we are unGodly.

Interesting.
    I have never thought of LDS as being intolerant. I find you guys to be too tolerant. In the LDS pattern, everyone goes to Heaven but a few bad apples.

The Samaritan woman example is an apples and oranges attempt. Jesus led the Samaritan woman to a right relationship with YHWH... He converted her... He did not leave her in he lostness...
    The comparison is that the Jews would not go through Samaria as it was considered dangerous and filthy territory to the Jew. Unlike how evangelicals approach conversion on this site--the starting place for most people is to understand the other's beliefs. Christ, because of who He is, understood the Samaritan woman upon meeting her. Most of us need to take some time to do this. (And he knew her by the spirit---not by what he heard about Samaritans from the Jews.)

I have never thought of LDS as being intolerant. I find you guys to be too tolerant. In the LDS pattern, everyone goes to Heaven but a few bad apples.
    Well, you seem to think you understand the scriptures very well. So, I am curious of your understanding of these verses:

1Peter 3
    For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
    By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
    Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
    The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
    Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

MickeyS

Yes, I believe in a loving Father who doesn't punish His children for ALL of eternity.....those who deserve it, will suffer the pains of hell to fit their sins (as He is a just God and those who deserve it will be punished to fit their crimes, make no mistake, they WILL suffer...they will suffer as Christ suffered for the sins they committed) but ultimately, after those individuals "do their time", they inherit a place. Those who REALLY deserve it will be cast out for eternity....but yeah, it would have to be pretty bad. I understand you don't believe that, but I have a very difficult time believing in a just God who would have such a narrow view of justice, that individuals who did not understand, have opportunity or made mistakes would be cast out into an eternal fiery hell. The same people who perhaps didn't believe in Jesus Christ but were decent people are cast into the same depths as Hitler.

Plus, from what you seem to believe about salvation....most people are just destined to hell anyway and it doesn't matter. Eternal Hell....forever. Why would God create some people, have them live their lives and then cast them into hell simply because they weren't "chosen"? Again, I'm not entirely positive that's what you believe, but it seems that way from what you've said. So please correct me if I'm wrong.

The tricky part about drawing such lines is that it's easy to become like the Pharisees.

But you could argue that by giving food and clothing to people with beliefs you don't like, you have enabled them to rebuild their church building that you don't like, since that is x hundred dollars that they now don't need to spend on food and clothes. You have freed up their money that they can now use on rebuilding. The end result will be the same, and if hindering their efforts to rebuild their chapel was your goal, you have failed.