Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When Mormons Worship Hindu gods

Yodas_Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    The tricky part about drawing such lines is that it's easy to become like the Pharisees.

But you could argue that by giving food and clothing to people with beliefs you don't like, you have enabled them to rebuild their church building that you don't like, since that is x hundred dollars that they now don't need to spend on food and clothes. You have freed up their money that they can now use on rebuilding. The end result will be the same, and if hindering their efforts to rebuild their chapel was your goal, you have failed.
    This whole line of reasoning is absurd. TYFYT's

To teach one's children to chant to pagan gods is about as low as it gets according to the Bible. Can we all imagine YHWH's reaction to Jews teachiing their kids in ancient Israel to chant to Moloch? How can Mormons rationalize such evil?

And can we all imagine this: Paul calls together some Christians and their children in Ephesus and says, "hey, guys, let's go down the cobbled road here and help the pagans build a new temple to Zeus. It will show our good will and train our kids to be politically correct and accepting of all forms of worship."
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

To teach one's children to chant to pagan gods is about as low as it gets according to the Bible. Can we all imagine YHWH's reaction to Jews teachiing their kids in ancient Israel to chant to Moloch? How can Mormons rationalize such evil?

And can we all imagine this: Paul calls together some Christians and their children in Ephesus and says, "hey, guys, let's go down the cobbled road here and help the pagans build a new temple to Zeus. It will show our good will and train our kids to be politically correct and accepting of all forms of worship."
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Is there any thing worse than teaching one's children to worship pagan gods?
    Last edited by Apologette; 05-16-2016 at 07:56 AM.

you may be right. some people can do it without even trying
    Hey, Jeff, what's the matter - suspended again. Gee you don't get much posting time on CARM with your snotty comments, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    Well, you seem to think you understand the scriptures very well. So, I am curious of your understanding of these verses:

1Peter 3
    For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
    By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
    Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
    The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
    Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
    Bump---still waiting for the reply.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

I wasn't talking about your children. My comment was more to the description of those who drink heavily--their faces turn red and their noses grow--much like President Clinton, Tip O'Neil and Winston Churchill. I said nothing about alcoholism.

I believe in God as described in the Bible. Quit telling me what I do or not believe. You are so wrong in so many areas and have been doing this for so long and have been corrected on it so many times, you must know you are bearing false witness against another.
    Then why did you ask me if I taught MY children?

Yodas_Prodigy

I have a ***,,, and a real life

Yodas_Prodigy

Start a thread and I will answer...

Yodas_Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    Yes, I believe in a loving Father who doesn't punish His children for ALL of eternity.....those who deserve it, will suffer the pains of hell to fit their sins (as He is a just God and those who deserve it will be punished to fit their crimes, make no mistake, they WILL suffer...they will suffer as Christ suffered for the sins they committed) but ultimately, after those individuals "do their time", they inherit a place. Those who REALLY deserve it will be cast out for eternity....but yeah, it would have to be pretty bad. I understand you don't believe that, but I have a very difficult time believing in a just God who would have such a narrow view of justice, that individuals who did not understand, have opportunity or made mistakes would be cast out into an eternal fiery hell. The same people who perhaps didn't believe in Jesus Christ but were decent people are cast into the same depths as Hitler.
    People want ignore the clear teaching of the Bible. It is self-deception...

John 3:18New King James Version (NKJV)

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Matthew 25:45-46New King James Version (NKJV)

45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘***uredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Yodas_Prodigy

The comparison is that the Jews would not go through Samaria as it was considered dangerous and filthy territory to the Jew. Unlike how evangelicals approach conversion on this site--the starting place for most people is to understand the other's beliefs. Christ, because of who He is, understood the Samaritan woman upon meeting her. Most of us need to take some time to do this. (And he knew her by the spirit---not by what he heard about Samaritans from the Jews.)
    It is a poor comparison. Jesus did not go to the place of worship for the Samaritan Woman. He spoke of the Kingdom, confronted her of her sin, and she became a Christ follower.

As for the evangelicals who come to this forum, they are already well-versed in what you believe. The rub comes when they confront your prophets, apostles, contradictory holy writings, DNA, historical issues, and lack of archeological evidence. It is not a good feeling when you know the LDS religion has serious concerns and you have no good defense. It is far easier to attack the motives of them posters.

MickeyS

Quote Originally Posted by Yodas_Prodigy View Post

John 3:18New King James Version (NKJV)

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Matthew 25:45-46New King James Version (NKJV)

45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘***uredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
    Yes, and being separated from the presence of God for eternity is still a punishment...I am not ignoring the Bible.

That is an absurd line of thinking, but thanks for sharing.
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Is there any thing worse than teaching one's children to worship pagan gods?
    teaching them all kinds of crazy junk about Mormons, causing them to hate Mormons, would seem to qualify as worse.
    From the forum rules: "The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. "

"If you have to resort to making fun of people and their ideas, you have nothing valuable to contribute here."

It is a poor comparison. Jesus did not go to the place of worship for the Samaritan Woman. He spoke of the Kingdom, confronted her of her sin, and she became a Christ follower.

As for the evangelicals who come to this forum, they are already well-versed in what you believe. The rub comes when they confront your prophets, apostles, contradictory holy writings, DNA, historical issues, and lack of archeological evidence. It is not a good feeling when you know the LDS religion has serious concerns and you have no good defense. It is far easier to attack the motives of them posters.
    Actually, I prefer to speak about what we are taught by revelation and what we learn by scriptures. I see no need to bring any dirt in about any particular member or members. This thread was started as an ad hominen argument against a few. I also don't see a need to worry about "history" per se or science--as christianity has suffered like attacks from many historian and/or scientists. So, that leaves the scriptures and personal revelation. I have great defenses. And as I talk to you, I can see you believe as I do about those who are chosen and use very similar terms and yet do not call it "earning" salvation. Once again--the biggest concern for me about evangelicalism is the hypocritical-ness that they seem to be oblivious to, but I bet you feel you have good defenses against those who do not read the scriptures as you do or against scientist who see you as "uneducated." Yet, you then turn-around and do the same.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

After discussing idol worship with these Mormons who justify it, I'm convinced they are of the same strain of demonic belief held by those who used to sacrifice their children to the evil god Moloch. They will justify anything in order to honor their real god, Joseph Smithl.

Yodas_Prodigy

That is an absurd line of thinking, but thanks for sharing.
    Bwah hahaha...

teaching them all kinds of crazy junk about Mormons, causing them to hate Mormons, would seem to qualify as worse.

I don't teach children to hate Mormons - however, and let me stress this - I tell them they should never date Mormons or go to their events. That's the way kids get sucked into Mormonism, and I've had a great deal of complaints by Christians regarding their children who began to date Mormons. The Lord wasn't kidding when he said not to be unequally yoked. Every time I teach, I do warn the Christians against allowing their children to date Mormons or attend their events - and that is wise counsel.

I don't teach children to hate Mormons - however, and let me stress this - I tell them they should never date Mormons or go to their events. That's the way kids get sucked into Mormonism, and I've had a great deal of complaints by Christians regarding their children who began to date Mormons. The Lord wasn't kidding when he said not to be unequally yoked. Every time I teach, I do warn the Christians against allowing their children to date Mormons or attend their events - and that is wise counsel.

Big Julie: "Actually, I prefer to speak about what we are taught by revelation and what we learn by scriptures. I see no need to bring any dirt in about any particular member or members. This thread was started as an ad hominen argument against a few. I also don't see a need to worry about "history" per se or science--as christianity has suffered like attacks from many historian and/or scientists. So, that leaves the scriptures and personal revelation. I have great defenses. And as I talk to you, I can see you believe as I do about those who are chosen and use very similar terms and yet do not call it "earning" salvation. Once again--the biggest concern for me about evangelicalism is the hypocritical-ness that they seem to be oblivious to, but I bet you feel you have good defenses against those who do not read the scriptures as you do or against scientist who see you as "uneducated." Yet, you then turn-around and do the same."

Would you care to discuss Smith's revelation on polygamy and why it is necessary to exaltation; and then please give us the revelation countering that revelation. Or would you rather like to discuss Brigham Young's revelation that Adam is the only god with whom you will have to do? And then give us t he revelation refuting that. You see, Julie, your "revelations" aren't revelations at all, but simply opinions of fallible Mormon leaders.

Big Julie: "Actually, I prefer to speak about what we are taught by revelation and what we learn by scriptures. I see no need to bring any dirt in about any particular member or members. This thread was started as an ad hominen argument against a few. I also don't see a need to worry about "history" per se or science--as christianity has suffered like attacks from many historian and/or scientists. So, that leaves the scriptures and personal revelation. I have great defenses. And as I talk to you, I can see you believe as I do about those who are chosen and use very similar terms and yet do not call it "earning" salvation. Once again--the biggest concern for me about evangelicalism is the hypocritical-ness that they seem to be oblivious to, but I bet you feel you have good defenses against those who do not read the scriptures as you do or against scientist who see you as "uneducated." Yet, you then turn-around and do the same."

Would you care to discuss Smith's revelation on polygamy and why it is necessary to exaltation; and then please give us the revelation countering that revelation. Or would you rather like to discuss Brigham Young's revelation that Adam is the only god with whom you will have to do? And then give us t he revelation refuting that. You see, Julie, your "revelations" aren't revelations at all, but simply opinions of fallible Mormon leaders.
    Apologette, it would be really nice to feel I could have a heart-to-heart discussion with you about my beliefs. (Btw, thank you for not typing in bold.) The problem is, I feel like first I would need to feel like you would be willing to give up the sensational things you believe about my beliefs and would be willing to listen to what I actually say. You come across as so hateful and vengeful in most of your posts and extremely prejudice against me or those who believe like me already. If you are actually willing to listen and stop making accusations, let em know--we can talk.

Julie you need to have a brain to brain discussion with someone. Protecting Mormonism to the point where you condone pagan idolatry is seriously evil.

MickeyS

Hey, Jeff, what's the matter - suspended again. Gee you don't get much posting time on CARM with your snotty comments, do you?
    Look Catherine, I'll say it again, the person with the username Phoenix, is always around this forum consistently and active. These comments are ridiculously immature.

Julie you need to have a brain to brain discussion with someone. Protecting Mormonism to the point where you condone pagan idolatry is seriously evil.
    Case in point why I don't feel I can have a discussion with you.