Thread: DrDavidT Introduction Thread

Default DrDavidT Introduction Thread

DrDavidT can you please introduce your self and proclaim exactly what you believe and what your reason for being on this forum is ?

Are you a Christian ? If you are a Christian what denomination ?

Please let us know so we don't make ***umptions.

alanmolstad

This topic is a Rule Violation .

"Do not start threads aimed at a specific board member."

Please have a look at - http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/s...-are-the-rules

This allows every guest the freedom to come to this forum and decide for themselves if they wish to post a comment on something of interest to them, or to not post a comment if they don't feel like it.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 07-30-2016 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post

This allows every guest the freedom to come to this forum and decide for themselves if they wish to post a comment on something of interest to them, or to not post a comment if they don't feel like it.

Where would be a good place to ask that wouldn't be off topic in my threads that he specifically has decided to post in ?

i have reported this thread. Jude is just showing hurt feelings that someone has called him on his inability to provide truthful information to believers
    check the new book thread to find my new books

let it be known that i do not address all of jude's posts. just the ones that interest me or catch my eye. then with only 153 posts to his credit why is he acting like he is the big cheese here?

it is not wrong to not know something but it is wrong to attack a person who does and remain in one's ignorance. jude should be humbling himself and learn something instead of trying to kill the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    let it be known that i do not address all of jude's posts. just the ones that interest me or catch my eye. then with only 153 posts to his credit why is he acting like he is the big cheese here?

it is not wrong to not know something but it is wrong to attack a person who does and remain in one's ignorance. jude should be humbling himself and learn something instead of trying to kill the messenger.

Where would a good place be to ask you these questions ?

Could you maybe make a thread where I can ask you these questions ?

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    Where would a good place be to ask you these questions ?

Could you maybe make a thread where I can ask you these questions ?
    No. If you doubt my faith then you need to reexamine your judgment of others meter.

No. If you doubt my faith then you need to reexamine your judgment of others meter.

I still don't know what your "faith" is. I'm asking you to please let us know what exactly you believe and also where to ask these questions.

alanmolstad

Where would be a good place to ask that wouldn't be off topic in my threads that he specifically has decided to post in ?
    In a setting/topic that is not against the rules that all of us are instructed to maintain so that there is order and good manners.
    Aiming a topic at one guest is clearly listed as not being allowed....

In a setting/topic that is not against the rules that all of us are instructed to maintain so that there is order and good manners.

Ok Got it.... Where would that be exactly ?

alanmolstad

thats your call...

I cant tell you what to post or where...

Im just reminding you that there is a rule against starting a topic that is aimed at a guest here...

To add to that,I can say that over the years I have seen guests try to put other guests on the spot by naming them personally in the ***le of a topic..
    It does not go over well...

Even if the topic is not cleared away and the person who broke the rules is not banned it yet still sets up the next bunch of posts to be needlessly too personal .
    Both people can end up in a spitting match with each other, where they attempt to find out stuff about the other person only to then use against them.

My advice to anyone that notices that another guest seems a bit too interested in them personally is to "Play your cards close to the vest".
    Dont ever feel that you have to answer any question about yourself just because someone asked it.

thats your call...

I cant tell you what to post or where...

Im just reminding you that there is a rule against starting a topic that is aimed at a guest here...

To add to that,I can say that over the years I have seen guests try to put other guests on the spot by naming them personally in the ***le of a topic..
    It does not go over well...

Even if the topic is not cleared away and the person who broke the rules is not banned it yet still sets up the next bunch of posts to be needlessly too personal .
    Both people can end up in a spitting match with each other, where they attempt to find out stuff about the other person only to then use against them.

My advice to anyone that notices that another guest seems a bit too interested in them personally is to "Play your cards close to the vest".
    Dont ever feel that you have to answer any question about yourself just because someone asked it.

I understand everything you're saying.

I am asking specifially where can I ask these questions to find more information that is not against the rules.

it would be a wasted effort as I do not post personal information on the internet. I gave a general description in the biblical archaeology thread and you will have to be content with that little tidbit

it would be a wasted effort as I do not post personal information on the internet. I gave a general description in the biblical archaeology thread and you will have to be content with that little tidbit

How can we have a dialog if you don't participate ?

who says I want to dialog? That is a secular PC term. If you want to know about biblical archaeology, then ask questions about biblical archaeology-- NOT me.

If you want to know about Einstein's fatal flaw in his theory of relativity then ask about that-- NOT me.

alanmolstad

We are not to start topics that are aimed at other guests by name...

But there is no rule against starting a topic aimed at yourself.

You can start a topic that is all about you and you can tell us whatever you want to share with us about yourself.
    If others want to follow your example then later then they can do that if they want .

Perhaps you might find someone interested in this 'dialog" you seek once they know a little more about you...

just saying......

who says I want to dialog? That is a secular PC term. If you want to know about biblical archaeology, then ask questions about biblical archaeology-- NOT me.

No one says you want a dialog. I'm just trying to find out what you are all about and to know your motives for posting.

alanmolstad

No one says you want a dialog. I'm just trying to find out what you are all about and to know your motives for posting.
    I post for the fun of it.

I enjoy thinking about Bible stuff...and digging deep into the things I believe in...

Many times I write on a topic I have not put my thoughts down in words until now..
    So in this way..I use this forum as a way to learn more about what i believe and why....

I dont come hereto learn from others....nordo I suggest anyone come on the internet to seek that kind of help.

But it is a great place to have some fun in a site that is kept safe...

Maybe you should look at the join dates before asking such questions. I was a member here almost a year before you. I do not have to explain my motives to you at all. if you are in error, I will call you on it. Maybe you should learn to be more respectful before falsely accusing people

Maybe you should look at the join dates before asking such questions. I was a member here almost a year before you. I do not have to explain my motives to you at all. if you are in error, I will call you on it. Maybe you should learn to be more respectful before falsely accusing people

we received a friends request but we cannot make the ****on work so the request has not been answered plus because we get little or no support for our ministry work we may be selling or using our computer as collattarol to make ends meet thus we may not be online much longer.

alanmolstad

Its good to keep old topics like this around so that new members understand the problem of aiming a topic by name at a member of the forum.

so the ***le of this topic is wrong, and it should not have been started.
    However if a person want so get to know people there is nothing against naming a topic aimed at yourself,,and you can invite people to share whatever they want to about themselves.

here is a request, and I checked the forum rules and I did not see that this was not allowed-- https://www.gofundme.com/trying-to-avoid-deportation we are hurting in a big way.

please spread the word