Thread: Where is the evidence that mormonism is true?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    So you ADMIT that there are mistakes in the bom, but you don't care?
    Hi Christian:

Please go back and reread the posts. My reference--and Hogan's retort-- was to the "mistakes" in the Bible, not the Book of Mormon. And, IMO--as I have already stated--anything man lays his hand to--there will be mistakes found therein, including the Book of Mormon.

so sad that some people have to derail a thread for their own agenda and disrespect the person who started the thread in the first place. such selfish people have no place in public discussions. I will be leaving soon, maybe after a few more posts. I have better things to do than watch my threads be destroyed
    check the new book thread to find my new books

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    so sad that some people have to derail a thread for their own agenda and disrespect the person who started the thread in the first place. such selfish people have no place in public discussions. I will be leaving soon, maybe after a few more posts. I have better things to do than watch my threads be destroyed
    Hi David:

IMO--most people have better things to do than to read straw man retorts. I believe we deserve better, even--real, Biblical truths--and that takes the Biblical scriptures to demonstrate:

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version (KJV)
    16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

One will find that doctrine in the testimony of Christ Himself--and in the LDS church.

But absent in faith alone theology.

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Hi David:

IMO--most people have better things to do than to read straw man retorts. I believe we deserve better, even--real, Biblical truths--and that takes the Biblical scriptures to demonstrate:

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

One will find that doctrine in the testimony of Christ Himself--and in the LDS church.

I do not make strawman arguments. my comments are based upon what my old mormon acquaintances told me, my own research into mormonism and other fact filled investigations. all you have done is olympic style avoidance of everything presented because you are afraid to realize how bad your religious cult is.

all the mormons on here have done the same thing. they have closed their minds to the truth about God, Jesus and their own religious cult. they also fail to discuss like adults as they try to convince everyone they believe the bible when in reality everyone knows you do not. the failure of the resident mormons to post what they actually believe and are taught (even in their temple experience) renders discussion useless because the mormons refuse to be honest and continue to use the bible when the bible is the lesser of all mormon religious works
    check the new book thread to find my new books

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post Hi David:

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    I do not make strawman arguments. my comments are based upon what my old mormon acquaintances told me, ....
    But mine are based on the Biblical scriptures.

Care to engage the above scripture?

all the mormons on here have done the same thing. they have closed their minds to the truth about God, Jesus and their own religious cult. they also fail to discuss like adults as they try to convince everyone they believe the bible when in reality everyone knows you do not. the failure of the resident mormons to post what they actually believe and are taught (even in their temple experience) renders discussion useless because the mormons refuse to be honest and continue to use the bible when the bible is the lesser of all mormon religious works
    That amounts to more straw man retorts. Do you use the Bible?

1 Peter 4:17---King James Version (KJV)
    17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

[QUOTE=dberrie2000;172027]

But mine are based on the Biblical scriptures.
    Care to engage the above scripture?

I've done it before, but you just IGNORED IT. The p***age was spoken BY a Jew, TO a Jew, and BOTH WERE UNDER THE OLD TESTAMENT LAW AT THE TIME.

So you are trying to MISapply scripture, to PRETEND that Christians are still under the OT LAW.

Do you use the Bible?

1 Peter 4:17---King James Version (KJV)
    17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

MORE ignorance by berry. WHAT IS the Gospel of God? Oh yes,
    ACCORDING TO GOD it is. . .

1 Cor 15:1-8
    Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.
    3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. 6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. 7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. 8 Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.
    NKJV

So the Gospel of God is:

Jesus died for our sins according to the scriptures
    that He was buried and
    that He rose on the third day
    and
    that He was SEEN ALIVE by MANY.

NOT ONE WORD about 'additional junk' like 'ordinances' etc
    NOT ONE WORD about other junk

NOT IN CHRIST's Gospel as reflected by the Apostle Paul.

Your heathen cult has not taught you the truth. It constantly perverts the Bible to attempt to 'prove' its own agenda.

That is why your cult PRETENDS that
    Your 'heavenly father' is one of many gods in many universes, and that your 'heavenly father was once a man, but never 'not god.'
    Your 'christ' is a spirit-brother to the demon satan.
    Your 'holy ghost' is another one of many gods

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I've done it before, but you just IGNORED IT. The p***age was spoken BY a Jew, TO a Jew, and BOTH WERE UNDER THE OLD TESTAMENT LAW AT THE TIME.
    Hi Christian:

As Paul stated--if the OT covenant was capable of bringing eternal life--then there would have been no need for the New Testament.

Jesus connected keeping the commandments with eternal life:

And so did the NT writers:

1 John 2:3-4---King James Version (KJV)
    3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

So you are trying to MISapply scripture, to PRETEND that Christians are still under the OT LAW. Do you use the Bible?
    I use it frequently--but that usually resorts in some kind of "out of context" retort:

Revelation 22:14---King James Version (KJV)
    14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Jesus died for our sins according to the scriptures
    Jesus died for the sins of the whole world:

1 John 2:2---King James Version (KJV)
    2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

NOT ONE WORD about 'additional junk' like 'ordinances' etc
    So--you believe the command to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins--is "junk"?

Acts 2:38---King James Version (KJV)
    38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 22:16---King James Version (KJV)
    16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
    Last edited by dberrie2000; 03-31-2017 at 04:31 AM.