Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 251 to 272 of 272

Thread: Where is the evidence that mormonism is true?

  1. #251
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post

    And where is the evidence that God uses an occultist, a witch like Joseph Smith was, who even sacrificed animals to appease spirits in his treasure hunting days, to restore anything. Smith restored something, alright, but it sure wasn't Christianity. He restored paganism, and Mormonism is a monument to it.
    As I stated, sensationalism at its best.

    I believe in God the Eternal Father and in His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ-who lived for us and then died on the cross--who is risen and lives. And because he lives, I will live again.

    I know that Christ taught that he died for us, so we can return to our Father and His Father. He taught us to love one another and to treat each other well. He taught us to look for the best in others and turn to Him for support and answers to our questions and concerns.

    So Apologette, for all of your bolding and putting things in red and persuasive language and derogatory remarks about my beliefs, you are not God. I will continue to turn to prayer and to the scriptures for understanding.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

  2. #252
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    Your argument fails on several accounts. First we have the ten commandments and we can read what they say. We do not have to have the stone tablets. Second, the Mormons claim to have the actual stones Smith used, yet they cannot demonstrate that they actually work like Smith claims. Third, if we had the actual stone tablets and produced them, the writings would have to match the words God gave Moses BUT we do not claim we have the tablets, we claim and produce the actual 10 commandments which are far more important than the actual stone tablets written on by God.

    Fourth, the Mormons do not have the golden tablets thus they cannot produce the source for the book of Mormon or any Mormon scripture nor show how the stones translated the p***ages Smith supposedly translated. In other words, the Mormons have nothing to hang their faith upon. Fifth, your accusation is misdirected and false and not worth re****ing as you use it to distract from the fact that you believe something without real evidence showing it is true. All you are doing is following Smith's 'take my word for it' mandate.

    Either the Ten Commandments were nailed to the Cross with Christ, or you will be destroyed for lighting a fire on the Sabbath. Smith has already been destroyed for adultery.

    http://www.bible.ca/7-Col2-14-16.htm
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

  3. #253
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post

    Either the Ten Commandments were nailed to the Cross with Christ, or you will be destroyed for lighting a fire on the Sabbath. Smith has already been destroyed for adultery.

    http://www.bible.ca/7-Col2-14-16.htm
    So your response to my testimony of Jesus Christ is to post some strange propaganda about Joseph Smith? Okay.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

  4. #254
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,165

    Default She ADMITS that spirit-babies of smith are false.

    julie posted:

    I believe in God the Eternal Father

    Which one? Krishna? One of many men-turned-into-godlets (invented by joseph smith, of course)?
    NOT the ONLY REAL GOD THE FATHER, THE ONE OF THE BIBLE that the mormon church denies. . .

    and in His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ-who lived for us and then died on the cross--who is risen and lives. And because he lives, I will live again.

    So you ADMIT that joseph smith's 'father of spirits baby-making sex god and goddesses' are FALSE, and that Jesus is the ONLY fathered Son by HIS FATHER anywhere? Interesting how you can compartmentalize such contradictions within smith's religious teachings.

    I know that Christ taught that he died for us, so we can return to our Father and His Father. He taught us to love one another and to treat each other well. He taught us to look for the best in others and turn to Him for support and answers to our questions and concerns.

    Just remember what the REAL Jesus told us:

    Matt 24:24-25
    For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
    NKJ

    YOUR false demon, the 'spirit-brother-of-satan-christ' and YOUR false prophet will get you nowhere but to hell, if you follow them.

    I <snipped> your personal slanders to Apologette. I have nothing to post to you about them.

  5. #255
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

    Which one? Krishna? One of many men-turned-into-godlets (invented by joseph smith, of course)?
    No, not one invented by Joseph Smith, but the one in whom Joseph Smith received revelation. I believe in God the Eternal Father, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; the one that Christ refers to as His Father and our Father and His God an our God.
    So you ADMIT that joseph smith's 'father of spirits baby-making sex god and goddesses' are FALSE, and that Jesus is the ONLY fathered Son by HIS FATHER anywhere? Interesting how you can compartmentalize such contradictions within smith's religious teachings.
    I do not believe in the god you refer to that Walter Martin fabricates about my beliefs falsely and sensationalizes (which made him a lot of money), but the one that Joseph Smith teaches about truthfully which he died for.


    For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
    Yes, a false prophet who leads people astray teaching them falsehoods, we have many of those. You can know them by their fruits--they cause hatred toward others, and strife. I see them regularly even today.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

  6. #256
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    477

    Default

    I believe in God the Eternal Father, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; the one that Christ refers to as His Father and our Father and His God an our God.
    How can you when that God did not have Lucifer as a child. Lucifer was a rebellious angel not a god. The God of Abraham is vastly different from the Mormon god.

    I do not believe in the god you refer to that Walter Martin fabricates about my beliefs falsely and sensationalizes (which made him a lot of money), but the one that Joseph Smith teaches about truthfully which he died for.
    Maybe you should compare the God of the Bible with the Mormon claims about their god. No where does God of the Bible make the claims Mormons make about him.Nor do any ancient mss. make the claims Mormons make about God of the Bible.
    magazine is still running, location as changed. contact us for the internet address

  7. #257
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    How can you when that God did not have Lucifer as a child. Lucifer was a rebellious angel not a god. The God of Abraham is vastly different from the Mormon god.
    What??? I agree that Lucifer was an rebellious angel and not a god.


    Maybe you should compare the God of the Bible with the Mormon claims about their god. No where does God of the Bible make the claims Mormons make about him.Nor do any ancient mss. make the claims Mormons make about God of the Bible.
    Actually, if you read the Bible, you will find that everything we teach about God can be found in the Bible. However, the idea of the trinity is no where found in the Bible.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

  8. #258
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    477

    Default

    [QUOTE=BigJulie;172600]
    What??? I agree that Lucifer was an rebellious angel and not a god.




    Actually, if you read the Bible, you will find that everything we teach about God can be found in the Bible. However, the idea of the trinity is no where found in the Bible.
    Actually that is not true. Maybe you should try again.
    magazine is still running, location as changed. contact us for the internet address

  9. #259
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    477

    Default

    What They Believe- Mormonism

    The Mormon Church or their real name, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, makes many claims. One such claim is that they are Christian, well on this page you will see for yourself how untrue this claim is, as their beliefs vary very greatly from what is taught in the Bible. The source for this material is taken from http://www.carm.org/lds/mormon_beliefs.htm with little to no changes made to their work:

    1. Book of Mormon

    1. The book of Mormon is more correct than the Bible, (History of the Church, 4:461.)

    2. Devil, the
    1. The Devil was born as a spirit after Jesus "in the morning of pre-existence," (Mormon Doctrine, page 192.)
    2. Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers and we were all born as siblings in heaven to them both, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163.)

    3. God

    1. God used to be a man on another planet, Mormon Doctrine, p. 321. Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, Vol 5, pp. 613-614; Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, Vol 2, p. 345, Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 333.)
    2. "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as mans..." (D&C 130:22).

    4. God, becoming a god

    1. After you become a good Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god, (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pages 345-347, 354.)
    2. "Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them," (DC 132:20).

    5. God, many gods

    1. There are many gods, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163.)
    2. "And they (the Gods) said: Let there be light: and there was light (Book of Abraham 4:3)

    6. God, mother goddess

    1. There is a mother god, (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 443.)
    2. God is married to his goddess wife and has spirit children, (Mormon Doctrine p. 516.)

    7. God, Trinity

    1. The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. "That these three are separate individuals, physically distinct from each other, is demonstrated by the accepted records of divine dealings with man." (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 35.)

    8. Heaven

    1. There are three levels of heaven: telestial, terrestrial, and celestial, Mormon Doctrine, p. 348.

    9. Holy Ghost, the

    1. The Holy Ghost is a male personage, A Marvelous Work and a Wonder, (Le Grand Richards, Salt Lake City, 1956, page 118; Journal of Discourses, Vol. 5, page 179.)

    10. Jesus

    1. "Therefore we know that both the Father and the Son are in form and stature perfect men; each of them possesses a tangible body . . . of flesh and bones." (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 38).
    2. "The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood - was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers." (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 8: p. 115).
    3. "Elohim is literally the Father of the spirit of Jesus Christ and also of the body in which Jesus Christ performed His mission in the flesh ..." (First Presidency and Council of the Twelve, 1916, God the Father, compiled by Gordon Allred, pg. 150).

    11. Joseph Smith

    1. If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration, there would be no salvation. There is no salvation [the context is the full gospel including exaltation to Godhood] outside the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (Mormon Doctrine, p. 670.)

    12. Pre-existence

    1. We were first begotten as spirit children in heaven and then born naturally on earth, (Journal of Discourse, Vol. 4, p. 218.)
    2. The first spirit to be born in heaven was Jesus, (Mormon Doctrine, page 129.)
    3. The Devil was born as a spirit after Jesus "in the morning of pre-existence," (Mormon Doctrine, page 192.)

    13. Salvation

    1. "One of the most fallacious doctrines originated by Satan and propounded by man is that man is saved alone by the grace of God; that belief in Jesus Christ alone is all that is needed for salvation." (Miracle of Forgiveness, Spencer W. Kimball, p. 206.)
    2. A plan of salvation was needed for the people of earth so Jesus offered a plan to the Father and Satan offered a plan to the father but Jesus' plan was accepted. In effect the Devil wanted to be the Savior of all Mankind and to "deny men their agency and to dethrone god." (Mormon Doctrine, page 193; Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, page 8.)
    3. Jesus' sacrifice was not able to cleanse us from all our sins, (murder and repeated adultery are exceptions), (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 3, p. 247, 1856.)
    4. Good works are necessary for salvation, Articles of Faith, p. 92.)
    5. There is no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith as a prophet of God, (Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, p. 188.)
    6. "The first effect [of the atonement] is to secure to all mankind alike, exemption from the penalty of the fall, thus providing a plan of General Salvation. The second effect is to open a way for Individual Salvation whereby mankind may secure remission of personal sins (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 78-79.)
    7. "As these sins are the result of individual acts it is just that forgiveness for them should be conditioned on individual compliance with prescribed requirements -- 'obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.'" (Articles of Faith p. 79).
    8. "This grace is an enabling power that allows men and women to lay hold on eternal life and exaltation after they have expended their own best efforts" (LDS Bible Dictionary, p. 697).
    9. "We know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do," (2 Nephi 25:23).

    14. Trinity, the

    1. The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. "That these three are separate individuals, physically distinct from each other, is demonstrated by the accepted records of divine dealings with man." (Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 35.)
    It is almost impossible to get an objective or third party opinion on basic Mormon beliefs because of the flood of Mormon websites that appear when one searches. One has to be careful in their pursuit of research that they do not get confused and pick a site they think is NOT Mormon when it really is.

    http://dakotascba.com/Comparitive-Religions.php

    as you can see, none of that is in the Bible
    magazine is still running, location as changed. contact us for the internet address

  10. #260
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    DavidT: I am not going to reply with quote on this whole thing because it is too big.

    Here are the only scriptures you posted in it: (I am going to skip the rest because they are taken either from sources we do not deem as doctrine or not understood in full context. This is something that true researchers do not do.) All these points are also backed in the Bible.

    "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as mans..." (D&C 130:22).
    Agreed--no argument. Jesus Christ also has a body of flesh and bones. God the Father is the express image of the Jesus Christ and not a duplicate of the Holy Ghost. ( Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high )

    "Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them," (DC 132:20)."
    Agreed, notice "gods" with a little "g". This does not mean we are "God the Father", but it does mean that he gives us eternal life and power. (Mat 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.)

    "And they (the Gods) said: Let there be light: and there was light (Book of Abraham 4:3).
    The term "God" or elohiym in Hebrew means "gods". This was interpreted as written. Hebrew has no upper or lower case, but there are 5 letters with different forms.

    "We know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do," (2 Nephi 25:23).--
    do you notice on this one you do not complete the verse? This is the one verse that non-Mormons like to extrapolate what it means...and always get it wrong.

    I've read books like this, from poor researchers--you think they are making a point, only later to find out that they did sloppy work because it would be popular to raise people's fears and thus make money from it. *sigh*
    Last edited by BigJulie; 04-06-2017 at 02:10 PM.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

  11. #261
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,165

    Default STILL NO EVIDENCE for the TEXT of the bom

    Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    The Book of Mormon is full of witnesses to the things which were written in the text--just as the Bible is. All translations go through a "correction" process. Most translations are composed of varying texts from one another.


    Let's see now. . .didn't joey smith claim the bom was 'the most perfect' of all?

    Didn't joey smith supposedly GET HIS SUPPOSED TRANSLATION DIRECTLY FROM GOD? Did GOD GOOF?

    Yes, we KNOW you want to try to debunk the Bible, but your bom trash does not compare.

    NOT ONE WITNESS to the TEXT of the bom exists. . .There is NOT ONE WITNESS ANYWHERE that even ONE event, person, or place that joey smith invented ever existed ANYWHERE EVER IN REAL LIFE.
    Joey smith simply invented it all.


  12. #262
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post


    Let's see now. . .didn't joey smith claim the bom was 'the most perfect' of all?

    Didn't joey smith supposedly GET HIS SUPPOSED TRANSLATION DIRECTLY FROM GOD? Did GOD GOOF?

    Yes, we KNOW you want to try to debunk the Bible, but your bom trash does not compare.

    NOT ONE WITNESS to the TEXT of the bom exists. . .There is NOT ONE WITNESS ANYWHERE that even ONE event, person, or place that joey smith invented ever existed ANYWHERE EVER IN REAL LIFE.
    Joey smith simply invented it all.

    Did the devil take Jesus to the temple and the mountain or the other way around? (Compare Matthew and Luke). Did God goof? Of course not, but men do--even when writing things of God.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

  13. #263
    dberrie2000
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Let's see now. . .didn't joey smith claim the bom was 'the most perfect' of all?

    Didn't joey smith supposedly GET HIS SUPPOSED TRANSLATION DIRECTLY FROM GOD? Did GOD GOOF?

    NOT ONE WITNESS to the TEXT of the bom exists. . .
    Yes, Christian there are witnesses to the text of the Book of Mormon:

    Testimony of Three Witnesses
    Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, unto whom this work shall come: That we, through the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, have seen the plates which contain this record, which is a record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites, their brethren, and also of the people of Jared, who came from the tower of which hath been spoken. And we also know that they have been translated by the gift and power of God, for his voice hath declared it unto us; wherefore we know of a surety that the work is true. And we also testify that we have seen the engravings which are upon the plates; and they have been shown unto us by the power of God, and not of man. And we declare with words of soberness, that an angel of God came down from heaven, and he brought and laid before our eyes, that we beheld and saw the plates, and the engravings thereon; and we know that it is by the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, that we beheld and bear record that these things are true. And it is marvelous in our eyes. Nevertheless, the voice of the Lord commanded us that we should bear record of it; wherefore, to be obedient unto the commandments of God, we bear testimony of these things. And we know that if we are faithful in Christ, we shall rid our garments of the blood of all men, and be found spotless before the judgment-seat of Christ, and shall dwell with him eternally in the heavens. And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God. Amen.

    Oliver Cowdery
    David Whitmer
    Martin Harris


    Testimony of Eight Witnesses
    Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, unto whom this work shall come: That Joseph Smith, Jun., the translator of this work, has shown unto us the plates of which hath been spoken, which have the appearance of gold; and as many of the leaves as the said Smith has translated we did handle with our hands; and we also saw the engravings thereon, all of which has the appearance of ancient work, and of curious workmanship. And this we bear record with words of soberness, that the said Smith has shown unto us, for we have seen and hefted, and know of a surety that the said Smith has got the plates of which we have spoken. And we give our names unto the world, to witness unto the world that which we have seen. And we lie not, God bearing witness of it.

    Christian Whitmer
    Jacob Whitmer
    Peter Whitmer, Jun.
    John Whitmer
    Hiram Page
    Joseph Smith, Sen.
    Hyrum Smith
    Samuel H. Smith

  14. #264
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,165

    Default joey smith's ***** fantasies originated with joey smith, not with God.

    [QUOTE=BigJulie;172600]

    Actually, if you read the Bible, you will find that everything we teach about God can be found in the Bible. However, the idea of the trinity is no where found in the Bible.
    IF THAT WERE TRUE, then you should be able to find where the Bible tells us
    that many gods exist in many universes
    that got used to be a man, changed (was exalted) into a god, but was god from all eternity
    that Jesus Christ is a 'spirit-brother-of-satan', a demon like joe smith.

    Of course YOU CANNOT since the Bible does NOT CONTAIN your 'joe smith' fantasies.

    AND
    The Bible DOES tell us
    that the FATHER is God
    Jesus is God
    and
    the Holy Ghost is God
    AND
    THERE IS ONLY ONE REAL GOD IN EXISTENCE ANYWHERE: (Isaiah 43:10, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc)

    Joey smith fell for the same thing Eve did; he wanted to become 'like God.' And like Eve, he failed.

    joey smith's ***** fantasies originated with joey smith, not with God.

  15. #265
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

    IF THAT WERE TRUE, then you should be able to find where the Bible tells us
    that many gods exist in many universes
    Understanding the small "g" in gods, and understanding this terms to mean rulers or those who rule:
    1Co 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

    that got used to be a man, changed (was exalted) into a god, but was god from all eternity
    You should know this one easily:


    Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

    Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

    that Jesus Christ is a 'spirit-brother-of-satan',

    Jhn 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.


    Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

    Lastly, we have the story of Cain and Able. One brother makes acceptable sacrifices, the other does not. The one who does not kills the one who does. If you understand the Bible, you see we are being taught who we are and the origin of our existence. Unless you also miss the point of the sacrifice, the flood, the escape from Egypt, the promised land, etc.

    that the FATHER is God
    Jesus is God
    and
    the Holy Ghost is God
    Are you talking about John 1? Nope, it doesn't say anything about the trinity.


    THERE IS ONLY ONE REAL GOD IN EXISTENCE ANYWHERE: (Isaiah 43:10, 44:6, 44:8 etc etc etc)
    You have to use poetic Isaiah and have NOTHING from the New Testament? Show me where Christ uses a parable to teach the idea of the trinity. He is the great teacher, surely, if it is central to your theology, he would have taught it.

    Joey smith fell for the same thing Eve did; he wanted to become 'like God.' And like Eve, he failed.
    Actually, listen to what God said to Adam and Eve " Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, "Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

    So, the great lie was not becoming like God in knowing good from evil, the great lie was that they would not die.

    And from the New Testament: 1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

    joey smith's ***** fantasies originated with joey smith, not with God.
    And yet, they are in the Bible.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

  16. #266
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    biggy posted:

    Understanding the small "g" in gods, and understanding this terms to mean rulers or those who rule:
    1Co 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
    OF COURSE ISAIAH 43:10, 44:6. 44:8, etc are talking about REAL GOD, NOT 'so-called' deities which is what that is referring to.

    You should know this one easily:


    Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

    Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

    UNLESS YOU ARE JESUS, that does not apply to YOU or ANYONE ELSE. And YOU are NOT JESUS.

    And you 'explain' YOUR 'god" HOW? HOW was he once a man who BECAME A GOD, and supposedly WAS A GOD FROM ALL ETERNITY? What kind of phony god do you follow?


    that Jesus Christ is a 'spirit-brother-of-satan',
    Jhn 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.


    Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

    Lastly, we have the story of Cain and Able. One brother makes acceptable sacrifices, the other does not. The one who does not kills the one who does. If you understand the Bible, you see we are being taught who we are and the origin of our existence. Unless you also miss the point of the sacrifice, the flood, the escape from Egypt, the promised land, etc.

    And YOU miss the point that YOUR 'god' is a demonic 'spirit-brother-of-satan' that has nothing to do with the REAL Jesus Christ at all.

    that the FATHER is God
    Jesus is God
    and
    the Holy Ghost is God
    Are you talking about John 1? Nope, it doesn't say anything about the trinity.

    WHICH CONCEPT DO YOU NOT BELIEVE?

    That the Father is God?
    or
    That Jesus is God?
    or
    that the Holy Ghost is God?

    OR

    do you just not believe Isaiah 43:10, 44:6, 44:8, etc etc etc?

    Of course such labels as trinity, presidency, stake houses, etc etc etc do NOT occur in the Bible.

    But the FACT THAT
    the FATHER is God
    Jesus is God
    and
    the Holy Ghost is God
    AND that there is ONLY ONE REAL GOD ANYWHERE

    DOES

    that Jesus Christ is a 'spirit-brother-of-satan',

  17. #267
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    [COLOR=#0000cd]biggy posted:
    So, you have taken to not just insulting me in your post, but by the very name you call me. How very un-Christian of you.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

  18. #268
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,165

    Default 'brood of vipers' and 'whitewashed' are 'unChristian' according to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    So, you have taken to not just insulting me in your post, but by the very name you call me. How very un-Christian of you.

    At least I did not refer to you as 'viper's brood' or 'whitewashed tomb!'

    Oh, and would one of those be called 'unChristian too, according to YOU??

  19. #269
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Apparently she cannot answer the questions so she must evade with whines. . .

  20. #270
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    So you cannot answer the questions in the post and you must now try to EVADE THEM?

    It figures. . .if evasion is all you have. . .

    But then, in a cult. . .evasion IS all you have.

  21. #271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    I would say the Holy Ghost bearing witness and then the fruits of the spirit, but I know you don't believe in that type of witness, but prefer archaeological findings or other things that have little to do with faith.

    Let's examine those things. . .you have SOME spirit giving you your 'tummy tuck' which YOU WANT TO BE EVIDENCE from your gods.

    And the 'fruits' of those things Dr DavidT posted? Utah (mormonlandUSA) has one of the west's highest divorce rates, high rates of bankruptcy, pedophelia, and murder.

    And TONS of people being led to Hell by the so-called 'evidence' from your demons and your false prophet.

    SO SAD that your religion's fairytales of Christ in the Americas has NO EVIDENCE OF TRUTH AT ALL.

    Sorry julie, but your religion has taken you for a sucker.

  22. #272
    dberrie2000
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    IF THAT WERE TRUE, then you should be able to find where the Bible tells us
    that many gods exist in many universes
    1 Corinthians 8:5---King James Version (KJV)
    5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

    that got used to be a man,
    Since all of mankind's salvation rests on the fact God was once a man on this planet--and died for the sins of the whole world--I suppose one might pray that is true, for, with that--salvation is absent from man's hope.

    And not only once a Man--but still:

    1 Timothy 2:5---King James Version (KJV)
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

    Christian--one cannot claim Christianity, and deny God was once a man.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •