Thread: Here's an idea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Here's an idea

FIX THE BUGS IN YOUR SYSTEM. i am tired of wasting time trying to post here as i get error messages, and other system errors which delay my posting and send me all over the place for no reason
    check the new book thread to find my new books

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    FIX THE BUGS IN YOUR SYSTEM. i am tired of wasting time trying to post here as i get error messages, and other system errors which delay my posting and send me all over the place for no reason
    While I largely agree, I am skeptical of just what qualifies something to be bug prone experiences here. Interestingly, they seem just a little combative at times, and conveniently so, while not so in appearance to those who construct opinions expressing different narratives. IMO.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    While I largely agree, I am skeptical of just what qualifies something to be bug prone experiences here. Interestingly, they seem just a little combative at times, and conveniently so, while not so in appearance to those who construct opinions expressing different narratives. IMO.

You know...

well to be totally honest I dont understand much of this,or in fact any of your posts.

I try to read them at times, but mostly I just give up and go on to the next guy's posted comment and overlook the ones that i dont get.

I have seen that you tend to criticize this site a lot.
    I have seen clearly that you believe the forums "Moderation" lacks something...But I never caught what you think is lacking around here.

The way I see it, things are nice and calm around here for the most part.
    I note that trouble makers that do not follow the stated RULES dont last long....I note that offending posts that are against the rules are cleared away...

I also note that for the most part that conversations flow right along and that for the most part no real problems are encountered by anyone that needs any action from a Moderator.

For the most part, the RULES are seen as the rules all the guests to this site do follow.

I always tell people that if you believe someone has broken a stated rule, then report them and allow the Moderation to deal with it as is fitting, and to move on regardless of any outcomes seen or unseen.

, and we tend to all keep each other in line, and when we see a rule violation we notice that it does get pointed out to people.

Remember, by signing up here on this forum a guest has made an agreement with the owner and guests of this forum that they will follow the stated rules.

But you are not required to be an agreement with anyone else...You are not required to all be baptists like Walter Martin was...
    You dont have to a Christian like he was...
    You dont have to be a male like he was...

But the stated rules are stated and agreed to for a good reason.
    They serve as the simple guidelines to the conversations...

One of the hallmarks of the Walter Martin radio show was that Walter did not bar people of different faiths and religions,or no religion from calling in and being part of his show.

You never heard Walter try to keep people from other faiths than his own Baptist faith from calling in ...You never heard Walter complain that "Too many non-believers were asking too many hard questions"

I once got a private message from a Christian that was complaining that this one Mormon guy was preaching his Mormon false teachings here and he should be stopped.
    I asked the Christian, "What rule had the Mormon broken?".

I never heard back on that one....

The whole basic concept behind the Bible Answer man show was that Walter wanted to get everyone a chance to join the conversation, regardless of where he felt they were at, to give people of different thinks a chance to ask their questions, to have their chance to disagree, to give people the chance to speak what was on their heart.

What I hope for at this forum is to find the same type of thing...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 08-21-2016 at 06:54 AM.

alanmolstad

many of the "bugs" with this website have been corrected as of late.

i have noticed that the posts seem not so much anymore to get 'stuck' and not posted.