Thread: Orders of Creation and Evolution Contradict!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    creatolution

Quote Originally Posted by PostTribber View Post
    "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness." (Genesis 1:26)

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7)

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve." (Joshua 24:15)
    In what form are we trying to say God formed man? Was it a physical form or spiritual. I believe it to be spiritual as God is not a physical being.
    Is it not possible that God breathed life, or a soul into the first man once evolution had taken this flesh to that point?
    I see evolution, as the awesome instrument of God's hand. I try to reconcile what I know of the natural world with Genesis and I see harmony. Not contextually but rationally. When God handed down the account of creation to Moses what was more important, how He created the natural order of things or the simple fact that He did? If He were to have outlined all that went into creation most if not all of the Israelites standing before Moses would have thought he was crazy and fled back to Egypt.
    And can we say there is only one type of book in the Bible? Should we lend as much credence to say, Song of Solomon as we do...John? I don't think so.
    Sorry to pick on you Postribber for my first post here but the verses you quoted struck a cord with me. The last one especially. I try to serve God in all I do. I fail often and that is no secret. But one should not question my failure as a lack of love for my God. I see the heavens and I praise Him for His creation. I see the world and it's natural glory and I know there is no denying His glory much less His existence! Knowing and believing evolution was the tool of His awesome creation magnifies His glory. A six day creation, in my mind, minimizes it. It seems like a magic trick.

sunofmysoul

Quote Originally Posted by creatolution View Post
    In what form are we trying to say God formed man? Was it a physical form or spiritual. I believe it to be spiritual as God is not a physical being.
    Is it not possible that God breathed life, or a soul into the first man once evolution had taken this flesh to that point?
    I see evolution, as the awesome instrument of God's hand. I try to reconcile what I know of the natural world with Genesis and I see harmony. Not contextually but rationally. When God handed down the account of creation to Moses what was more important, how He created the natural order of things or the simple fact that He did? If He were to have outlined all that went into creation most if not all of the Israelites standing before Moses would have thought he was crazy and fled back to Egypt.
    And can we say there is only one type of book in the Bible? Should we lend as much credence to say, Song of Solomon as we do...John? I don't think so.
    Sorry to pick on you Postribber for my first post here but the verses you quoted struck a cord with me. The last one especially. I try to serve God in all I do. I fail often and that is no secret. But one should not question my failure as a lack of love for my God. I see the heavens and I praise Him for His creation. I see the world and it's natural glory and I know there is no denying His glory much less His existence! Knowing and believing evolution was the tool of His awesome creation magnifies His glory. A six day creation, in my mind, minimizes it. It seems like a magic trick.
    wow! awesome post...
    thank you for this...