Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orders of Creation and Evolution Contradict!

"The Department of Paleobiology at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History is one of the leading centers for paleontological research in the world…The world-cl*** collections include 40 million to 50 million fossil plants, animals and geologic specimens. Also included in the collections are more than 1,500 cataloged specimens of dinosaurs."[1]

So let me understand this. The Smithsonian has millions of fossils, but they have no undisputed transitional forms that clearly prove Darwin was right. They don’t exist. Millions of fossils survived because their conditions were suitable, but transitional forms didn’t survive because their conditions weren’t conducive. Millions of others did, but they didn’t. Why is that? I believe it’s because they didn’t exist in the first place. Darwin was onto something when he said, "Often a cold shudder has run through me, and I have asked myself whether I may have not devoted myself to a fantasy."[2].

Notes:
    [1] "Dinosaur Discoveries in Montana," Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History News, August 20, 2002 .

[2] Charles Darwin, Life and Letters (London: John Murray: 1887), Vol. 2, p. 229 .

TRiG

You're not a liar, you're just sadly misinformed (misinformed enough to think that Ray Comfort is a credible source: the man's a laughingstock). It's the proffesional creationist organisations who are lying. They do it repeatedly, openly, and unashamedly. They simply make stuff up. All the time. I merely call it as I see it.

TRiG.

TRiG

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Millions of fossils survived because their conditions were suitable, but transitional forms didn’t survive because their conditions weren’t conducive. Millions of others did, but they didn’t.
    I just said that you weren't a liar, you were just misinformed. If you continue on this line, I'll take that back. I think I may be repeating myself here, but it's worth saying again: All forms are transitional forms. The claimed paucity of "transitional forms" is simply made up by creationists. There is no such gap.

Start here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A670213
    Make your next stop at http://talkorigins.org/
    And then move onto http://books-by-isbn.com/059306173X

As PZ Myers said, This may not change your mind, but at least you'd be forced to develop less asinine arguments.

TRiG.

HRG

Well TB, I respect your right to your own opinion. It seems in your zeal to line up with the Vatican you dismiss the obvious truth of God's word. Read Genesis again and try to find where evolution fits in. It dosen't.
    Look at reality and try to find where a literal interpretation of Genesis fits in. It doesn't.

BTW, if there was no death before Adam, what did T.Rex its teeth and Deinocheirus its claws use for - to slice carrots ? And why do we find crushed bones of smaller species within the bellies of carnosaurs ?

TRiG

Default Failure

Quote Originally Posted by jade84116 View Post
    Scopie's Law.

TRiG.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by TRiG View Post
    Cohen's Law.

HRG

"The Department of Paleobiology at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History is one of the leading centers for paleontological research in the world…The world-cl*** collections include 40 million to 50 million fossil plants, animals and geologic specimens. Also included in the collections are more than 1,500 cataloged specimens of dinosaurs."[1]

So let me understand this. The Smithsonian has millions of fossils, but they have no undisputed transitional forms that clearly prove Darwin was right.
    That's like saying "It is not undisputed that the Earth is not flat".

Anything can be "disputed". However, the existence of transitionals cannot be rationally disputed.

Quote Originally Posted by HRG View Post
    That's like saying "It is not undisputed that the Earth is not flat".

Anything can be "disputed". However, the existence of transitionals cannot be rationally disputed.
    Hello HRG,
    Are you saying that it is irrational to want to see real transitional fossils or is it just irrational to disagree with people who believe everything came from nothing.

TRiG

Hello HRG,
    Are you saying that it is irrational to want to see real transitional fossils or is it just irrational to disagree with people who believe everything came from nothing.
    It's irrational to spout the nonsense that you're spouting.

TRiG.

Quote Originally Posted by TRiG View Post
    It's irrational to spout the nonsense that you're spouting.

TRiG.
    Hello Trig,
    As to be expected, your comments are limited to insults or repeating the pseudo-intellectual statements made by those you believe in and trust.
    Just so I'm clear Trig, if God didn't create everything where did everything come from?

TRiG

Sorry. Not in the best form today. I can do rational argument, but I'm not in the mood at the moment. So I'll just point and laugh at your deliberate misunderstandings.

I'll go away and do something productive for a while. I might feel better after.

TRiG.

alanmolstad

Hello Trig,
    As to be expected, your comments are limited to insults ....
    I will never do such things...

But I do not believe there are any real contradictions between Evolution and Genesis...

alanmolstad

Greetings TB,

Because evolution suggests that man came from a souless brute beast and Genesis states that God created man full grown .
    I think uyou better drop back and read the Genesis story again...

What does Genesis trace man back to at the start?

compare that to what evolution will trace life back to at the start?

you end up in both evolution and genesis at the same place....."the earth"

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by jade84116 View Post
    The link shows you the errors I ran into in Ken Ham's ORIGINS cl***...

I think I should go over the information found at the link and show you guys how its totally in error...

alanmolstad

at the link the wroter posts two lists that are what he thinks evolution teaches and what he also thinks the Bible teaches.

In almost every case the list for what the Bible teaches is in error.

The Bible simply does not teach what the list suggests it teaches...

Therefore the wroter of this link is not really comparing the Bible with evolution, rather he is just comparing evolution with his own invented ideas.

and his ideas are all wrong...

See for yourself - https://answersingenesis.org/why-doe...vents-matters/

check it out and come back and tell me where Im wrong!

how can anyone expect blind, lost, deceived, unredeemed secular scientists can find the truth and know more than God.

There are no contradictions between Gen. 1 & 2
    check the new book thread to find my new books

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    how can anyone expect blind, lost, deceived, unredeemed secular scientists can find the truth and know more than God.

There are no contradictions between Gen. 1 & 2
    I reject that the idea that men of science must be against God,

I reject the idea that when you go to school and learn about things and study this universe that they turns you away from God or the bible..

I think that this idea of attacking men of science is what is driving the best and the brightest people from the church, to our shame.