Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The final judgment

dberrie2000

Default The final judgment

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    If my salvation is maintained via my own actions, Im sunk.....LOL
    I was wondering--just whose actions does one believe they will be judged for--after death--and that for life or ****ation?

John 5:28-29---King James Version (KJV)
    28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.

2 Corinthians 5:10---King James Version (KJV)
    10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Matthew 16:27---King James Version (KJV)
    27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Romans 2:5-11---King James Version (KJV)
    5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
    6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
    7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
    8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
    9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
    10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
    11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post If my salvation is maintained via my own actions, Im sunk.....LOL
    I was wondering--just whose actions does one believe they will be judged for--after death--and that for life or ****ation?

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
    7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
    8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
    9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
    10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Anyone?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    I was wondering--just whose actions does one believe they will be judged
    Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Jesus told them, "This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent."

The Christian is not judged onto ****ation, rather the we have ALREADY p***ed from death onto life.

Therefor the "works' of the Christian are actually the works of the father in the life of the Christian.
    By myself I can do nothing, it is the father in me who does the works though me.

This is why in the judgement the works that are in my life are actually the works of the Lord that were done though me.

these are the works that flow though me life and are part of my life for they come from the father and come out though me.

thus when Im judged the only works that are seen are the works of the lord and are his .

and this is why the Christian is not judged on to condemnation, for the works that are part of my life are the Lords works, for by myself i can do nothing...it is the father in me, it is he who does the works though me.

and "I" have already p***ed from death onto Life!

dberrie2000

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Jesus told them, "This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent."
    Are these the ones who believed?

Revelation 22:14--King James Version (KJV)
    14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

alanmolstad

Are these the ones who believed?

Revelation 22:14--King James Version (KJV)
    14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
    The works that a Christian does are nothing but the works of the father in him doing the works.
    Alone I can do nothing....this is why it says we are saved by GRACE though FAITH and not by works!>

Im not saved by works because my works are not my own but are the fathers works done though me.

This also why the Lord says that the burden of being a Christian is light. (Matthew 11:30)

There are no rules to follow,,,no laws to keep,,,,no sacrifices to offer...

All that i do is what flows naturally out of my heart.

The commandments of Jesus are what?......they are the things that naturally flow out of the heart of the christian....

Indeed, if you love the Lord and love others as yourself, you have done all that the lord's commandments have pointed to.....and lack nothing.

alanmolstad

So when i die, I will not face a judgement onto condemnation.

Rather I will be rewarded for the works that the Lord was able to do though me.

I have already p***ed from death onto Life....
    I have no fear of my judgement, for all accounts were settled for me on the cross.

The debt has been paid in full.....

Not a single sin will be charged against me......not even the slightest sin will be held against me...

dberrie2000

I have no fear of my judgement, for all accounts were settled for me on the cross.

The debt has been paid in full.....
    If the debt has been paid in full unto eternal life for you--or anyone--then why are all judged according to works--and that for life or ****ation?

6 [B]Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

The debt was paid for all men that they MIGHT have eternal life--but that did not give anyone anyone eternal life--as a personal reception.

That is given to them which walk in His light:

1 John 1:7--King James Version (KJV)
    7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

dberrie2000

The works that a Christian does are nothing but the works of the father in him doing the works.
    The Father is not on trial here:

alanmolstad

The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

alanmolstad

The Lost are judged onto their ****ation.

The Christian however is not....for we receive our reward.

The Lost are condemned due to their evil deeds.

But the Christian is blessed, for our works our not our own but are of the father who worked his will in and though our lives.

alanmolstad

Will Christians be judged for their sins?

So the answer to your question is no. We will be judged for our works after salvation, not our sins. Our sins are washed away because we have received Jesus as Savior. Hebrews 10:12 records, he offered one sacrifice for sins forever. No record of our sin remains (Hebrews 8:12; Micah 7:19). He took our sin upon Himself and defeated it with His sacrificial death and glorious resurrection. The judgment seat of Christ is not a judgment as to whether we are saved or lost, it is to determine our reward in heaven

http://www.cagsuperior.org/custpage....7/sec_id/26597

alanmolstad

How Will Believers Be Judged?

Believers need not cower or hang their heads during the judgment. Nor are we to repent—the time for that is past. We will stand before the Lord, clothed in Christ’s righteousness and forgiven of every single sin.

http://www.jesus.org/following-jesus...be-judged.html

alanmolstad

The Future Judgment of the Believer

When Christians stand before the bema of Christ, it will be for the express purpose of being rewarded according to their works. There is no idea of inflicting punishment.

https://bible.org/seriespage/6-future-judgment-believer

alanmolstad

What Will Christians Be Judged For?

For believers, judgment is not to determine whether we’re good enough for Heaven. We’re not, but our names are written in the Book. The Judgment Seat of Christ is expressly for rewarding us for our good deeds. The prize is to hear “Well done, good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:23).

http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/n...0728&noquote=1

alanmolstad

Bible Question:

If we are a true born again Christian, are we judged before the rapture or after? The Bible says we are all judged.

Bible Answer:Every person will be judged some day – even Christians.

Christians – those who are going to heaven because Jesus has forgiven their sins – will discover that God will judge their works too! But this judgment is to evaluate the “spiritual works” we did in this life. It is not for punishment.

https://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-q...stians-judged/

dberrie2000

Will Christians be judged for their sins?

So the answer to your question is no.

dberrie2000

Bible Question:

If we are a true born again Christian, are we judged before the rapture or after? The Bible says we are all judged.

Bible Answer:Every person will be judged some day – even Christians.

Christians – those who are going to heaven because Jesus has forgiven their sins – will discover that God will judge their works too!
    Just a note here, Alan.

Jesus Christ testified the judgment of all men was for life or ****ation--not a judgment to see what rewards one receives in heaven--that is a fabricated tale, IMO:

Where do we find in the Biblical NT--any witness testifying we are judged according to works after we receive eternal life?

alanmolstad

The lost are judged...
    But we Christians are rewarded....

For the Lost are judged on their evil deeds...
    But the Christian has no sins to repent of.....thus the only thing to deal with is the matter of our reward according to the works that God was able to do though our lives.

alanmolstad

for they are truly not my works, but the lord's...for by myself i can do nothing.
    if I do works it is the father that is doing the works though me.

thus I can not take credit for my works.....

alanmolstad

and as we have seen...there is only ONE work that matters to the lord...it is thee work...

And that lone work is to believe in Jesus.
    For we are saved by grace though faith, and not by our works..
    for the works of the lords that are worked though us.

alanmolstad

What Will Christians Be Judged For?

For believers, judgment is not to determine whether we’re good enough for Heaven. We’re not, but our names are written in the Book. The Judgment Seat of Christ is expressly for rewarding us for our good deeds. The prize is to hear “Well done, good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:23).

http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/n...0728&noquote=1

So for the Lost the judgement is for their condemnation.....and for the Christian it is a time of our rewards...
    How I look forward to that day!

dberrie2000

for they are truly not my works, but the lord's...for by myself i can do nothing.
    if I do works it is the father that is doing the works though me.

thus I can not take credit for my works.....
    Seeing that all men will be judged according to their own works--I don't find where you will have a choice for taking credit for your own works.

You don't believe God is on trial here--do you?

alanmolstad

Seeing that all men will be judged according to their own works-.
    see post #14

dberrie2000

Bump for anyone.

The most important thing is if your name is written in The Book of Life:

Revelation 20:10-15

The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.