Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The final judgment

I must admit, I need to do more good works. I'm not trusting in my works for salvation, but I definetley feel God is calling me to do more good works like feed the poor etc.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

Berean

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    I was wondering--just whose actions does one believe they will be judged for--after death--and that for life or ****ation?

John 5:28-29---King James Version (KJV)
    28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of ****ation.

2 Corinthians 5:10---King James Version (KJV)
    10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Matthew 16:27---King James Version (KJV)
    27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Romans 2:5-11---King James Version (KJV)
    5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
    6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
    7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
    8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
    9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
    10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
    11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
    True repentance for a LDS requires rejecting the free gift of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and attempting to overcome ALL sin in one's life, even the desire to sin, all on one's own, and in this lifetime.

If a LDS should die prior to becoming truly repentant, meaning having achieved the same sinlessness that Jesus Christ achieved, he/she is sealed to Satan for eternity in the lake of fire. For example:

“Forgive Them, I Pray Thee”
    Vaughn J. Featherstone October 1980
    For one to be forgiven of sin, the Lord requires that he come unto him, mourn over his sins, forsake the sins, be teachable, forgive others, and confess..Again, in the fifty-eighth section of the Doctrine and Covenants, we read, “By this ye may know if a man repenteth of his sins* behold, he will confess them and forsake them” (D&C 58:43). ...actual forgiveness cannot take place until true repentance has preceded it. https://www.lds.org/general-conferen...-thee?lang=eng

When Kimball says: "Through sincere repentance and the Savior’s redeeming power, we can experience the miracle of forgiveness" he's being deceptive in that the "Savior's redeeming power" actually amounts to "you" overcoming your own sin in the same way that Jesus Christ overcame His. But neither Jesus nor His Power have anything to do with that. It's all your own doing. This is just more smoke and mirrors.

Kimball goes on to say: [One of the purposes] of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is to call people everywhere to repentance. Those who heed the call, whether members or nonmembers of the Church, can be partakers of the miracle of forgiveness. God will wipe away from their eyes the tears of anguish, and remorse, and consternation, and fear, and guilt. Dry eyes will replace the wet ones, and smiles of satisfaction will replace the worried, anxious look.What relief! What comfort! What joy! Those laden with transgressions and sorrows and sin may be forgiven and cleansed and purified if they will return to their Lord, learn of him, and keep his commandments. And all of us needing to repent of day-to-day follies and weaknesses can likewise share in this miracle.4

Evidently non LDS can also partake of the miracle of forgiveness!

The problem though, is that no one can ever experience "hope" under those impossible conditions, and the "miracle of forgiveness" doublespeak is not really something you can rely on. For example: Kimball further says:

“Sin is the transgression of the law” (1 John 3:4), and for such transgression a punishment is affixed under eternal law. Every normal individual is responsible for the sins he commits, and would be similarly liable to the punishment attached to those broken laws. However, Christ’s death on the cross offers us exemption from the eternal punishment for most sins. He took upon himself the punishment for the sins of all the world, with the understanding that those who repent and come unto him will be forgiven of their sins and freed from the punishment."7

This paragraph contains several contradictions. Kimball clearly indicates that Christ's death on the cross offers exemption from eternal punishment for "most" sins, but yet, one must still repent (stop sinning) those sins "before" forgiveness can be experienced. That's double talk. Christ's death either exempts sin, or it does not. Kimball makes the sufficiency of Christ's Atoning Sacrifice on the Cross, entirely dependent upon the sufficiency of "your" good works. Clearly this is not Scriptural.

Note also that Kimball claims Christ's death on the cross only covers "most" sins, yet Kimball goes on to say He took upon Himself the punishment "for the sins of all the world." More double talk.

And finally Kimball claims those who repent and "come unto him" will be forgiven their sins and freed from punishment. Again this is double talk. "Coming unto him" has no relevance to the equation. What is most important is that one must become completely sinless, and in this lifetime, or you are sealed to Satan in your sin, for eternity in the lake of fire. (Alma 11:37)

Kimball also said: … Repentance must involve an all-out, total surrender to the program of the Lord. That transgressor is not fully repentant who neglects his ***hing, misses his meetings, breaks the Sabbath, fails in his family prayers, does not sustain the authorities of the Church, breaks the Word of Wisdom, does not love the Lord nor his fellowmen. … God cannot forgive unless the transgressor shows a true repentance which spreads to all areas of his life. …

And finally Kimball quotes the Bible: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

“For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matt. 11:28–30.)

More doublespeak. Perfecting oneself as Christ Perfected Himself by denying yourself of ALL ungodliness is not an easy yoke and a light burden. However, allowing Jesus to place my burden upon Himself by allowing His Work on the Cross to pay for my sins instead of my own labor, is the true meaning of these verses.

Once you tell a lie, you have to keep telling lies, and eventually the truth catches up with you.

Consequently Mormon leaders have twisted their own doctrines as well as the Word of God into unintelligible pretzels, in an attempt to give legitimacy to their false teachings, while saddling their followers with impossible obstacles to overcome in order to receive the rewards they have been promised.

This is the same ruse the Pharisees were guilty of in Jesus' time:

... They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger. ... Matt 23:4