Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biblical Mormonism

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Hebrews 12:9---King James Version (KJV)
    9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

So--who fathered you? Was it the one who is the father of your flesh?
    again, is that a term used?

alanmolstad

I mean, who told you of such a term?

alanmolstad

if a person is making up words, then they cant run around and ask me to believe in them and use them, as I dont have to.

The Bible is written clearly enough that for most of the time we dont need to invent private words that might mean one thing to one person and another to the next.

If you want to use a word that is strange, then you have to define it clearly.....and not only say what it means, but also say what it does NOT mean!

I dont want to say anything like the idea that some well-known Mormons use to teach about an Adam' God sexing-up Mary.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I mean, who told you of such a term?
    fa·ther---verb
    past tense: fathered; past participle: fathered

be the father of."he fathered three children"

synonyms: parent, be the father of, bring into the world, spawn, sire, breed; More

alanmolstad

used in the Bible at any time?....

alanmolstad

I mean, perhaps it is a valid term the Bible makes use of?...I dont really know.

I ask because it seems kinda odd to my ears, and its like you are making use of a odd term for some unknown reason???

Is the word used at any point in the bible so i can see some type of context to how to use it?

if not?..then i will ask to use a different word.

dberrie2000

I mean, perhaps it is a valid term the Bible makes use of?...I dont really know.

I ask because it seems kinda odd to my ears, and its like you are making use of a odd term for some unknown reason???
    9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

The reason was given:

fa·ther---verb

synonyms: parent, be the father of, bring into the world, spawn, sire, breed; More

So--care to answer my question, IE--if God the Father did not Father all spirits--then could you reveal to us who you believe Fathered the remainder?

alanmolstad

The reason was given:

fa·ther---verb

So--care to answer my question, IE--if God the Father did not Father all spirits--then could you reveal to us who you believe Fathered the remainder?
    So we cant quote a verse in the whole Bible then that makes use of the odd term "fathered"?

How interesting......

alanmolstad

-if God the Father did not Father all spirits?

?

"Did not father"?

Who talks in this manner about God?
    Is this a CULT thing?
    Do members of off-shoot non-Christian CULTs do this all the time?

alanmolstad

?
    God does not spawn

God does not sire

God does not breed

God does not "more".......

If that is what you think is true about God?, if that is why you try to twist into the conversation "Fathered" then Im going to have to say......"You are on your own".

Im not going to play that game.
    That stuff is evil...

dberrie2000

God does not sire
    Merriam Webster

father Synonyms---beget, get, sire

Acts 17:29---King James Version (KJV)
    29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Since when are offspring not sired?

Definition of sire
    1a : Father

dberrie2000

?"Did not father"?

Who talks in this manner about God? Is this a CULT thing?
    Was this a "cult thing"?

That is a reference to God?

alanmolstad

God does not spawn

God does not sire

God does not breed

God does not "more".......

such things should not need to be said, but I guess they do.
    It's very sad that there are religions that would teach such evil ideas, but I guess there are some CULTS that are just truly are the real children of their father the devil....

alanmolstad

when Jesus said that the Devil is the father of the lost, he was not saying that the Devil showed up one day when no one was looking, like Smith, and had sex with a girl to make a baby...

When I call God "Our Father" Im not even slightly hinting at the evil teaching that God had some type of sex with someone to make a baby..
    God does not have any genitalia...God does not reproduce....God does not go out on "dates"
    God does not "score" with chicks...

dberrie2000

such things should not need to be said, but I guess they do.
    It's very sad that there are religions that would teach such evil ideas, but I guess there are some CULTS that are just truly are the real children of their father the devil....
    Since when is God the Father--"the devil"?

dberrie2000

When I call God "Our Father" Im not even slightly hinting at the evil teaching that God had some type of sex with someone to make a baby..
    God does not have any genitalia...God does not reproduce....God does not go out on "dates"
    God does not "score" with chicks...
    Whatever you believe God does or does not do--the scriptures testify God the Father is the Father of spirits--and they His offspring:

Acts 17:29---King James Version (KJV)
    29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Those who share the same Father are always brothers and sisters.

So--could you reveal to us what other God you believe Fathers spirits?

alanmolstad

So--could you reveal to us what other God you believe Fathers spirits?
    "fathers"?

the verb?.....LOL

alanmolstad

I would like to know where that "verb" is in the Bible?...

dberrie2000

I would like to know where that "verb" is in the Bible?...
    fa·ther---verb

alanmolstad

So,.,,,cant find any use in the Bible of a term you love to use .....?

Is there any use of the term in church history?.....any Church council that came out with a paper on it's use?

Nothing?

It's just your private favorite word?

You cant find anyone else in the Bible that makes use of it as well?.....You got nothing at all to support it's use?

Thats too bad,,,, that's got to be embarr***ing...

alanmolstad

so you use that term "fathered" all the time.
    I have seen you post that term all over the message board...

Yet are you telling me now that you cant find one single place in the whole Bible where it's used to talk about God?

Do you even have a video of Walter Martin using it to talk about God?

Are you saying that no Christian church in history ever came out with a official paper on the use of the term "Fathered" when speaking of God?

So you got nothing in the Bible to support its use,
    You got no official church in history to back it's use
    and you cant point to any well-known Bible teachers that use the term as you use it.

So there is nothing historical in the whole history of the church to back it up?

You cant point to anyone else using the same term as you use it ?

well?

Well thats kinda makes you look like a "cult-of-one"......where you got your own little private thing going on there... LOL
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-25-2017 at 08:20 PM.

dberrie2000

so you use that term "fathered" all the time.

I have seen you post that term all over the message board...
    That's what Fathers do--they Father.

If you are speaking about a past tense form of Father--that's Fathered.

Since the spirit in your body has already been Fathered--then the usage would be "Fathered"--as the dictionary indicates:

fa·ther---verb

alanmolstad

so not a single verse in the Bible can support your use of the word?.....

that's very "Interesting".

I know that at my mom's church that Father Nelson, nor Father Larson have ever did any of the "bringing into the world" stuff....
    They did not "spawn"

They did not "sire"
    They did not "breed".....LOL

I think your whole argument just fell like a house of cards!

You wording is not based on the Bible,
    nor church history,
    and you cant name one single church that has an official paper out allowing the use of the term "fathered" as talking about the Lord....

Nor can you even name one single Bible teacher that makes use of the term as you do????

In other words, you hang all your argument on the use of a term that you seem to be the only one in the world that uses in this manner.

So I get the feeling that you are just making up these things ......

Now you get back to me if and when you find some type of supporter for your word.
    ...But right now I really dont think I have the time to deal with guys that come out of the woodwork with their own private teachings and wordings.

So we cant quote a verse in the whole Bible then that makes use of the odd term "fathered"?

How interesting......
    It is interesting you are making such a big deal about this. The term Father is used quite heavily in the scriptures. In fact, God the Father denotes Christ as his only begotten Son.

On the other hand, there is not one scripture that uses the term trinity, not in any form.

If your argument is that if a word is not there, it must not be doctrinal--well, you just undid the very foundation of your belief in God.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by BigJulie View Post
    It is interesting you are making such a big deal about this. The term Father is used quite heavily in the scriptures. In fact, God the Father denotes Christ as his only begotten Son.

On the other hand, there is not one scripture that uses the term trinity, not in any form.

If your argument is that if a word is not there, it must not be doctrinal--well, you just undid the very foundation of your belief in God.
    I think if you were to read again what I have said, you might see that I have asked for any supports at all?...(in other words, pay better attention)

Is the word found in the Bible?

Is the word listed in any historical Christian Church council as a term that is to be used when talking about God?

Is the word used by any well known church Bible teacher, (Like Walter Martin)?

Is there any real trust-able source that a person can quote that does use the term "Fathered" when talking about God?

Or....is this just a term that one guy dreamed up then built a whole set of beliefs on top of?...

all Im asking for is a few other voices that have used the same word so i can see how its been used in context.

Right now all I see is one guy stacking his whole pile of teachings on one word that only he seems to use...

In other words, The CULT of one......one guy.....

I have run into this type of thing before, where one lone guy thinks that he has "unlocked" a secret of the Bible.....

I dont have time to deal with such foolishness, so unless I start seeing some "Fathered" verses listed, or some historical references, or a quoted Bible scholar or two, Im going to chalk further conversation with this member up to being - "Not worth my time".
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-26-2017 at 09:08 PM.