Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Adam in the Garden

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    I believe most people would have a hard time reconciling these statements to one another:

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post The humanity of Jesus did not even exist before the incarnation
    Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post QUESTION : So--did Jesus Christ have eternal life before He became mortal and died? ANSWER : No.
    Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post Yes, while at the same time Jesus always had eternal life.

I have noticed you have not attempted to collate them either.

So to review for the poster -

The human nature of Jesus did not exist before it was made in the womb of his mother Mary.
    Thus the human nature of Jesus did not have eternal life before his human death and resurrection.
    This is why Jesus is called a "man" form he was truly 100% huam, the same as I am...and because we are therefore human brothers, I can look to his resurrection as a guide to my own one day.

For is God can raise the human flesh of Jesus to eternal life, then I can trust that God can do the same for my own human flesh!

So that is just what we know concerning the human nature of Jesus.

But lets not mix that up with the Divine nature of Christ!
    For Jesus has 2 totally different natures, and of his divine nature it is everlasting, pure spirit and cant change, cant age, cant die...it has and always had , and will always be "Eternal life"!

So Jesus always had eternal life in his divine nature.

If you still have any questions just let me know and I will go over this again, and again, and even again if needed until it sinks in and you catch what im teaching you.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post

The human nature of Jesus did not exist before it was made in the womb of his mother Mary.
    Thus the human nature of Jesus did not have eternal life before his human death and resurrection.
    Wasn't this testimony previous to Jesus Christ becoming man?

Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post QUESTION : So--did Jesus Christ have eternal life before He became mortal and died? ANSWER : No.

alanmolstad

This is why Jesus is called a "man" form he was truly 100% huam, the same as I am...and because we are therefore human brothers, I can look to his resurrection as a guide to my own one day.

For is God can raise the human flesh of Jesus to eternal life, then I can trust that God can do the same for my own human flesh!

So that is just what we know concerning the human nature of Jesus.

But lets not mix that up with the Divine nature of Christ!
    For Jesus has 2 totally different natures, and of his divine nature it is everlasting, pure spirit and cant change, cant age, cant die...it has and always had , and will always be "Eternal life"!

So Jesus always had eternal life in his divine nature.

If you still have any questions just let me know and I will go over this again, and again, and even again if needed until it sinks in and you catch what im teaching you.

dberrie2000

That does not touch the question I posed.

My question to you is--why didn't Jesus Christ possess eternal life before His mortality?

alanmolstad

That does not touch the question I posed.

My question to you is--why didn't Jesus Christ possess eternal life before His mortality?

The human nature of Christ is the same as my own.
    I dont have eternal life until the resurrection of Christ is fulfilled.

Now that the resurrection of Christ has happened, I can put my faith in it and the Lord, and thus it is now credited to me as well!!!!!

So the human body of Christ was born a normal human body....it aged, grew , got hungry, etc.
    It died a normal human death.

Same death I will die

Same death that Adam died.

Thus the same resurrection that raised Jesus from the dead will also be able to in the same manner raise my mortal body from the dead.

The mortal will put on the immortal....the body placed in the grave to rot will be raised to live forever!

So that is how to look at your question from the stand point of the human nature of Christ.
    He was born mortal, died because he was born mortal, and that same dead human body was raised to eternal life

But on the other hand, Jesus is eternal life.
    Jesus always had eternal life in his divine nature as God Almighty.

any questions?

alanmolstad

So to answer the question directly "Did Jesus Christ have eternal life before the resurrection?: the answer is not as long as you are only considering his human nature.
    The human nature of Christ was born mortal.
    The moment the human body of Jesus aged in even the slightest way you have all the proof you need to know that he is just as born mortal as any other human.

This is why the Bible tells us about the "man" Christ Jesus...
    For Jesus was born a true human "man".

So Jesus was born mortal, so that he could know the sufferings of being human...and could die.

This is how the Lord God, who cant age nor die, and has always eternal life and cant change that fact of His nature, was able to age, was able to suffer, was able to die a mortal death.

So in his Divine nature the answer to the question, "Did Jesus Christ have eternal life before the resurrection?" is "Yes!" , and that did not change, Yet in his human nature Jesus was born mortal and was raised after his death on the cross to eternal life.

any questions?
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 10-01-2017 at 06:32 AM.

alanmolstad

So to answer the question directly "Did Jesus Christ have eternal life before the resurrection?: the answer is no, not as long as you are only considering his human nature.
    The human nature of Christ was born mortal.
    The moment the human body of Jesus aged in even the slightest way you have all the proof you need to know that he is just as born mortal as any other human.

This is why the Bible tells us about the "man" Christ Jesus...
    For Jesus was born a true human "man".

So Jesus was born mortal, so that he could know the sufferings of being human...and could die.

This is how the Lord God, who cant age nor die, and has always eternal life and cant change that fact of His nature, was able to age, was able to suffer, was able to die a mortal death.

So in his Divine nature the answer to the question, "Did Jesus Christ have eternal life before the resurrection?" is "Yes!" , and that did not change, Yet in his human nature Jesus was born mortal and was raised after his death on the cross to eternal life.

any questions?
    one of my better posted answers on this topic to date....

enjoy!