Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adam in the Garden

alanmolstad

So NOW that you can SEE that when a christian talks about Jesus not being 'eternal" he is simply talking about the HUMAN nature of Christ.

This is because while the DIVINE nature of Jesus is eternal and had no beginning, the HUMAN nature of Christ very clearly in the text has a beginning!!!

We can also both see how when we look at the quotation you have lifted of mine in it's full context that I made it very clear, OVER AND OVER that I was only talking about the HUMAN nature of Christ, and I go also into great detail to show that the Divine nature of Christ is eternal and always was before the incarnation.

One of the hallmarks of a CULT is how they tend to always lift a quote out of it's context if they think they can use it in a way the author did not mean...

CULT - "Alan you said that Jesus was God, but then you said that he died, so you believe God died?"
    ALAN - "No, God did not die"

C- "So Jesus is not God and you admit this!"
    A - "Jesus is God"

C- "But you just said God did not die, so you believe Jesus if he is God did not die?"
    A - "Jesus died"

C-"You said God cant die, now you say Jesus was God yet you also say he died? That is a clear contradiction!
    A - "The human nature of Christ did die, but the divine nature of Christ cant die"

C- "There you just said another contradiction, you just said that Jesus could not die!"
    A - "That is not what I said"

C - You dont believe Jesus was God and I can quote you, for you said "No, God did not die"and then you said "Jesus died"
    A- "I think if you look at my quotes in their correct context you will see I was talking about the two very different natures that Jesus has. Jesus has a Divine nature and a Human nature.
    The Divine nature is eternal, the human nature was born mortal so Jesus could die.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 11-07-2016 at 07:06 AM.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    So NOW that you can SEE that when a christian talks about Jesus not being 'eternal" he is simply talking about the HUMAN nature of Christ.
    Then why did you apply it to God before He became mortal?

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post So--did Jesus Christ have eternal life before He became mortal and died?
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post QUESTION : So--did Jesus Christ have eternal life before He became mortal and died? ANSWER : No.

alanmolstad

It like talking to an empty chair....

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Then why did you apply it to God before He became mortal?
    Its like talking to an empty chair...

But I will push on and just tell you........once again....(not that it matters as you clearly dont give a rip what i say).........But I will just tell you that if you just want to know something about God?....just ask.

If you want me to talk about something I have written, just ask.

In this case, I have told you enough times how the person of Christ has two natures, Jesus being both Human and Divine.

Now when talking about the human nature of Jesus,,...if I were to ask you was Jesus eternal before the incarnation?.......what would you answer?

well....?

alanmolstad

the answer is "no"
    The human nature of Jesus was not eternal before the resurrection.

dberrie2000

the answer is "no" The human nature of Jesus was not eternal before the resurrection.
    My question had nothing to do with the resurrection. Nothing to do with human nature. Nothing to do with Jesus Christ's mortality.

It had something to do with your comments of God before His mortality:

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post So--did Jesus Christ have eternal life before He became mortal and died?
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post QUESTION : So--did Jesus Christ have eternal life before He became mortal and died? ANSWER : No.
    Could you explain for us why God did not have eternal life before He became mortal?

alanmolstad

My question had nothing to do with the resurrection. Nothing to do with human nature. Nothing to do with Jesus Christ's mortality.

It had something to do with your comments of God before His mortality:

Could you explain for us why God did not have eternal life before He became mortal?
    you can ask about whatever you want, but Im telling you that my answer will always be centered on the two different natures of Christ...

The human nature of Christ had a beginning, and that means that Jesus's humanity was not eternal...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 11-09-2016 at 06:00 PM.

dberrie2000

you can ask about whatever you want, but Im telling you that my answer will always be centered on the two different natures of Christ...

The human nature of Christ had a beginning,
    That's right--but your statement was before that beginning:

I believe I understand your reluctance.

alanmolstad

That's right--but your statement was before that beginning:

I believe I understand your reluctance.
    What I have said is that God is eternal...
    (God has no ending, and no beginning)

When have I not always said that God was eternal?

On,and I believe it is the teaching of your Smith that God was not eternal not mine, soI think you got a bit screwed up by that fact

What I have said is that the humanity of Christ was born, in other words, the humanity of Christ was not created eternal, but was rather created very much mortal.

I believe the idea that the humanity of Christ was eternal before it was mortal is an idea of the CULTS,not of the Bible...

So nice try,but that dog dont hunt....LOL

dberrie2000

What I have said is that God is eternal...
    (God has no ending, and no beginning)

When have I not always said that God was eternal?
    You stated God did not possess eternal life before He became mortal:

Could you explain for us how God was eternal before He was mortal--and not possess eternal life?

Alan--that is nothing short of denial, IMO.

alanmolstad

I used the term "God" as you seem to be quoting?...(hint:you better drop back and read what i said)

alanmolstad

I used the term "God" as you seem to be quoting?...(hint:you better drop back and read what i said)

The man Jesus has two natures...

The WORD of John 1:1 has one nature.

get it now?
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 11-11-2016 at 06:52 AM.

alanmolstad

So what we see yet again so clear here,is the typical manner a person trapped in the CULT of the Mormons acts when they run into a guy who knows the Bible.

They fall back of the standard way of misrepresenting what other people say in an effort to change the topic....LOL

But as you can see....Im not so ease to distract...

Once again for the slower students-
    jesus has two natures.

Jesus is fully man, and as such was born mortal.
    Jesus is fully divine and as such is eternal.

Why is that so hard to understand for the Mormon?...
    ANSWER : they dont like it because thats not the idea that their Smith pushed.

In Mormonism their version of their god was mortal before he became eternal.

But, In the Bible God is always eternal.

dberrie2000

Are you now claiming Jesus Christ was not God before He became mortal?

dberrie2000

But, In the Bible God is always eternal.
    Then you are admitting you made a false statement?

alanmolstad

So....when asked to post where I ever said that "God" was not eternal, you cant?....

Is that what we are seeing here?.....LOL...Ha..ha..ha..

I knew it!

And by failing to being ableto respond to my challenge to post a quote where I say that "God" was not eternal you are in-fact admitting that you just were faking this question the whole time!

Thats a typical Mormon response by the way.
    You run into it here all the time when Mormons get challenged on a point and have zero means to meet that challenge with facts.

...when they dont have the facts on their side, Mormon just make up their own.
    (It's what Smith did when he would try to convince a young girl - "God gave you to me as wife"....and if that dont work, "It's a way to ***ure your father and mother enter into heaven".....and if that dont work, "How about for$5 bucks?" )

dberrie2000

So....when asked to post where I ever said that "God" was not eternal, you cant?....
    Then you don't believe Jesus Christ, before He became mortal-- was God?

alanmolstad

(It's what Smith did when he would try to convince a young girl - "God gave you to me as wife"....and if that dont work, "It's a way to ***ure your father and mother enter into heaven".....and if that dont work, "How about for$5 bucks?" )

My question to you is...Was $5 bucks the going rate?

alanmolstad

You know sometimes I get the feeling that deep down, you really dont know who Jesus is at all....

and I feel for you at that point....

dberrie2000

You know sometimes I get the feeling that deep down, you really dont know who Jesus is at all....
    And that coming from one who makes this statement about God?

Alan--you still have not answered for us--why didn't God possess eternal life before He became mortal?

dberrie2000

Alan--you still have not answered for us--why didn't God possess eternal life before He became mortal?

alanmolstad

Did anyone say that "God" was not eternal?

Or is that just your idea?

Here once again is what I have said about how to understand -

CULT - "Alan you said that Jesus was God, but then you said that he died, so you believe God died?"

A - "Jesus is God"

C- "But you just said God did not die, so you believe Jesus if he is God did not die?"
    A - "Jesus died"

C-"You said God cant die, now you say Jesus was God yet you also say he died? That is a clear contradiction!
    A - "The human nature of Christ did die, but the divine nature of Christ cant die"

C- "There you just said another contradiction, you just said that Jesus could not die!"

C - You dont believe Jesus was God and I can quote you, for you said "No, God did not die"and then you said "Jesus died"
    A- "I think if you look at my quotes in their correct context you will see I was talking about the two very different natures that Jesus has. Jesus has a Divine nature and a Human nature.
    The Divine nature is eternal, the human nature was born mortal so Jesus could die.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 11-14-2016 at 06:43 PM.

dberrie2000

Did anyone say that "God" was not eternal?
    So--you believe that Jesus Christ--before He became mortal--was not God?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post QUESTION : So--did Jesus Christ have eternal life before He became mortal and died? [COLOR="#FF0000"]ANSWER : No.[/COLOR][/B]
    So--now we have it you don't believe Jesus Christ had eternal life before mortality--AND you don't believe Jesus Christ was God before His mortality?

alanmolstad

So--you believe that Jesus Christ--before He became mortal--was not God?

So--now we have it you don't believe Jesus Christ had eternal life before mortality--AND you don't believe Jesus Christ was God before His mortality?

A - "Jesus is God"

A - "Jesus died"

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View PostSo--you believe that Jesus Christ--before He became mortal--was not God?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post QUESTION : So--did Jesus Christ have eternal life [B]before He became mortal and died? ANSWER : No.
    Says the one who pretends to preach respect for one another here.

Alan--you got burned--and this seems to me like little less than sour grapes.