Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Break Up of PANGEA, Genesis 10:25 and Pyramids Around The World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Break Up of PANGEA, Genesis 10:25 and Pyramids Around The World

I recently found out about an obscure verse in Genesis that describes the break up of PANGEA. Check this out :

To Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg, FOR IN HIS DAYS THE EARTH WAS DIVIDED; and his brother’s name was Joktan.
    *Genesis 10:25

Very Interesting:

The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

When the Spanish arrived in Mexico in the 1500's The Aztecs were performing Ritual Human Sacrifices to Quetzalcoatl The Feathered "Serpent" on top of Pyramids. Keep in mind these people had never been exposed to Christianity or even heard about the Devil, Satan, The Dragon, The Serpent Etc. and the book of Revelation had already been written for 1,400 years :

Revelation 12:9
    So the Great Dragon was cast out, That Serpent Of Old, Called the Devil and Satan, who Deceives The Whole World; He was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 20:2
    He laid hold of The Dragon, That Serpent Of Old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

Last edited by jude1:3; 11-06-2016 at 04:22 PM.
    The Fruits of Macroevolution are: Atheism, Social Darwinism, Racism, Eugenics and No Moral Absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jude1:3 View Post
    I recently found out about an obscure verse in Genesis that describes the break up of PANGEA. Check this out :

To Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg, FOR IN HIS DAYS THE EARTH WAS DIVIDED; and his brother’s name was Joktan.
    *Genesis 10:25

Very Interesting:

The "breakup of Pangaea" map is interesting, but complete fiction, which most geologists attest. Gen. 10:25 division is referring to PEOPLE, NOT LAND. This statement about dividing the earth inside a genealogy is introductory to the next section which is a historical narrative, in which the dividing the earth is explained (11:7-9) by the confounding of languages which scattered the people abroad. The scattering of the people = "the earth was divided."
    TD

alanmolstad

the idea that the Bible is talking about the break up of PANGEA is a bit of a reach....

It clearly says Earth not people.

alanmolstad

It clearly says Earth not people.

The same writer in just a few verses later says, "And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech."

So the planet itself can speak?....dirt speaks?...rocks speak?

What seems to be the case is that the writer makes use here of the word "earth" when talking about all the "people"

Only people speak.....rocks and trees and gr*** and stuff dont speak.

So seen in this context that is just a few verses later that the other verse, the same writer has clearly shown us that in this context, "earth" = "people"

Think what you want to think about it.

alanmolstad

Think what you want to think about it.
    Well I would hope that by looking at the way the writer clearly makes use of the same word just a few sentences later we can get a very good idea what he means by the same word here.

alanmolstad

reading the link at the start and its information reminded me of back in the late 80s to mid 90s where there was a great push in the Christian media behind books and teachers that were selling the idea that the leader of Iraq might be the anti-Christ.

I remember I had to talk about this idea that so many of my friends were asking about in Bible Study, and so I checked out the books that were being sold at that time on the topic.
    What i saw going on is the very same concept that is in play here with this idea about the meaning of the word "Earth">

The writer will look around at the world he finds now, be it on the TV news, or in a book on early earth history, or some type of popular teaching, and then try to open up their Bible to find that very same thing talked about in the Scriptures.

Well guess what?......they can...

Thats the thing with the Bible, for if you go to the Bible looking to support even your most crazy idea you most of the time can find a verse or two that can be twisted around to seem like their actually support your nutty idea!

People have been finding ways to add up names and numbers to get to 666 for 2000 years.
    Chances are that if you want you can dream up any name or idea and find a way to promote that idea with the text of the Bible.

alanmolstad

Now as for the verse in question at Genesis 10, what I think we are clearly dealing with here is that the writer is listing for us how people spread out across the land.

The writer talks about lists of names and sometimes talks about where these people ended up living.

This is all getting us ready for the next big story that the Writer is about to deal with being the Tower of Babel.

You can see that this next story is being set up here with the introduction of the idea that the people on the earth are being broken up into different nations.
    From this context, a context that is in good agreement with the upcoming story of the Tower of babel, you can see easy that when the writer talks about the earth being divided, he is simply talking about how we ended up with many different languages as he will bring up in a very few moments in his story.

Ancient Serpent Worship:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_worship

*Revelation 12:3
    And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having Seven Heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads.

alanmolstad

*Revelation 12:3
    And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having Seven Heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads.

You know....there is another way to understand that verse that has nothing at all to do with snake worship, or the worship of false gods...

Have you ever had a look at the verse and took it to be talking about something in the "heaven" that it actually says it's talking about?

Im talking about the stars in the night sky.....or rather the constellations....the way people have come up with ways to group bunches of stars together in sections like "Orion and Taurus" etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    You know....there is another way to understand that verse that has nothing at all to do with snake worship, or the worship of false gods...

Have you ever had a look at the verse and took it to be talking about something in the "heaven" that it actually says it's talking about?

Im talking about the stars in the night sky.....or rather the constellations....the way people have come up with ways to group bunches of stars together in sections like "Orion and Taurus" etc.....

That may be true.

I posted these images of "The Naga" usually found in India to show an interesting comparison of Pagan Idols with literal descriptions found in Revelation.

alanmolstad

I think it was back in the early 1970s when I first had to read parts of Rev 11 in a Bible cl*** study that i came to understand what i was reading was just a weird way of talking about the many different star constellations in the night sky.

I think it was back in the early 1970s when I first had to read parts of Rev 11 in a Bible cl*** study that i came to understand what i was reading was just a weird way of talking about the many different star constellations in the night sky.

Revelation 12:3-4 desribes what Revelation 12:7-9 is describing. It calls the angels that fell with Satan "Stars".

3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads. 4 His tail drew a third of the Stars of heaven and threw them to the earth.

7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

alanmolstad

Revelation 12:3-4 desribes what Revelation 12:7-9 is describing. It calls the angels that fell with Satan "Stars".

3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads. 4 His tail drew a third of the Stars of heaven and threw them to the earth.

7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
    Every time I read such Bible verses I find that to me personally it seems to be talking about the different star constellations in the sky and how they move and change in their appearance during the year and with the tilt of the earth how some will seem to disappear and some appear...

in fact, when you just go read the whole book of Revelation and start to note the listings that may be simply references to the stars that the writer would be seeing in the sky you find that a lot, ...a real lot of the stuff is just that...

Just references to the stars in his sky.

CONSIDER :
    "Rev. 12:1-2 says, “And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; 2 and she was with child; and she cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth."

The whole thing, from start to finish seems to me to be talking about a planet that is seen moving into a constellation and then moving out later during the year.

AND CONSIDER:
    “And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

To me, when I read that verse I always have the idea of a guy watching the rise of a new constellation at some point during the year.
    I mean the guy was trapped on an island right?...so he would watch any new constellation rise up out of the sea ...

This points me to one of the key things I have always felt true about the book of revelation.

I dont think we should read it as some type of real eyewitness account of some type of real event that this guy saw.
    I dont think we can read it as if the guy saw some type of thing craw out of the sea and so ran to his desk and started writing about it.

Rather I see it as a work of a writer that had some ideas that as he put them down on paper he used things around him in his writings and was inspired by many things that he saw in his life while on an island.

Mankind has been out under the stars for a long long time..
    We have looked up at the stars and had them inspire us in many ways..
    I believe this even is true for men in the Bible like Abraham...and here John.

Its sorta like -
    "When the moon is in the Seventh House
    And Jupiter aligns with Mars
    Then peace will guide the planets
    And love will steer the stars"
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 12-03-2016 at 07:58 AM.

More Scriptures referring to both Angels and Fallen Angels as "Stars" :

*Revelation 1:19-20
    19 Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this. 20 The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lamp stands: The seven Stars Are The Angels of the seven churches, and the seven lamp stands which you saw are the seven churches.

*Revelation 9:1
    And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw A Star fall from heaven unto the earth: and To Him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
    Last edited by jude1:3; 12-04-2016 at 12:37 PM.

The Pharaoh's mask had a hood like a cobra:

When Moses was bringing the children of Israel out of Egypt Pharaoh's Magicians were performing demonic magic :

The Punishment for Sorcerers is the Lake of Fire:

*Revelation 21:8
    But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, Sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Oceanic Floor Plate Tectonics and Oceanic Drift:

alanmolstad

The Young earthers in the video clip above are why I have always told people here that Young Earth Creationism is very much like a CULT.

alanmolstad

In the video clip you see the two guys struggling to make a crazy idea appear in a better light.

Their idea is that all the lands split apart in one big movement.
    They base this on nothing.

They base this only on the need they have for it to be true so that other ideas they have will work.

This is just like another crazy idea that have about the light in Genesis that has no source...
    Their 'source-less light" idea is something they came up with because they needed it so that other ideas they have will not fall apart.

This is the same for all the YEC teachings.

They all are invented by men in order to keep their ideas from falling like a house of cards.

so yes, its a CULT.....

This is the same for all the YEC teachings.

This Thread is Not about YEC. Please, (and I'm genuinely asking here) Please don't try to make this thread a YEC Debate. Start a thread in the evolution/creation section. Please and Thank You.